Author Topic: Teh Hordez  (Read 45575 times)

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
Re: Teh Hordez
« Reply #180 on: November 22, 2011, 03:00:13 AM »
I voted about 20 times to keep the vMentallyChallenged from moving to Rooks but that didn't work out to well.

ack-ack
:rofl :rofl
We voted against it, until a squadie and I stole a couple of VDallas' kills and the hate PMs rolled in. I think he hates that more than being shot down  :rofl.

Sad that there is quite a few real nice guys in that squad who were really helpful and fun to fly with that are misguided by rotten leadership
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #181 on: November 22, 2011, 08:39:31 AM »
What about when I'm the one getting horded and rudely PM'd?  I guess life goes on and Aces High is still fun.

It happens to anyone in any country.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 08:43:39 AM by Rob52240 »
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline ghi

• Gold Member
« Reply #182 on: November 22, 2011, 09:08:54 AM »
Rob, this was Sunday evening battle for A13 !
Epic battle, fun ,best fight in years!<S> knights and whoever posted the raids ofter raids on A13!  
Crazy knights were throwing all they had on this base, even empty beer cans. I don't get it; why are players complaining about horde; i love defending bases under heavy attack, no need to fly 2 sectors to find a red con, just take off and shot. Too bad this nonsense score system encourages cowardness and keeps many players in tower watching  or crying here on BB.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 09:12:21 AM by ghi »

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #183 on: November 22, 2011, 09:57:55 AM »
What about when I'm the one getting horded and rudely PM'd?  I guess life goes on and Aces High is still fun.

It happens to anyone in any country.

(Image removed from quote.)

Your attempt at tongue-in-cheek subtlety is lackluster...

I'll take PM's from Kingpen for $1000, Alex  :rolleyes:
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #184 on: November 22, 2011, 11:38:46 AM »
I wasn't knocking the horde, I was stating that the horde goes both ways.  The PM screenshot was my response to the comments about the infamous dallas pms earlier in the thread.  Sometimes you get horded and rude private messages at the same time but regardless of this, aces high is still fun.

And as far as my pm response in the screenshot.  I was also ejected from 1ssf.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 11:41:23 AM by Rob52240 »
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #185 on: November 22, 2011, 05:21:56 PM »
I'm tempted to say that I'd like to see what would happen if there were no scoring inside the main arena.

Stats are already posted live per successful sortie in bombers as well as anyone who gets 2 or more kills.

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #186 on: November 22, 2011, 07:10:49 PM »
Then invite people to the DA...controlled, even and clear.  You can find out exactly how good you are in there, lol.

Meh, a bit too controlled and clear. I don't think the best fights come from either the DA, or the hordes, but some of the smaller fights (say 5-10 people per side).

You're on someones six, see a burst of tracers fly by your 109, and look back to see a P-51. You start manuvering, figuring he is the typical fifty-run driver, and will imediatly dive to the deck. To your astonishment, he keeps with you all the way. You initiate a scissors fight, but he skillfuly enters a high yo-you and is back at your 6 as soon as you roll back for the reversal, but has bled some E when he pulled out of a turn too hard. You barrel roll and see hes lost some ground, but still isn't done.

Tell me that doesn't sound like the makings of a good fight, and I'll call you a liar.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #187 on: November 22, 2011, 07:39:24 PM »
I'm tempted to say that I'd like to see what would happen if there were no scoring inside the main arena.

Stats are already posted live per successful sortie in bombers as well as anyone who gets 2 or more kills.
Absolutley nothing. At least the majority of players that I have encountered really dont give a rats arse about score or stats. Ego plays much more than timid flying tactics.

I dont particularly dont like to be shot down after it takes me 10 minutes to engage someone, but I come to expect it every sortie and if I come out successful..then its much more enjoyable
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #188 on: November 22, 2011, 08:29:01 PM »
Meh, a bit too controlled and clear. I don't think the best fights come from either the DA, or the hordes, but some of the smaller fights (say 5-10 people per side).

You're on someones six, see a burst of tracers fly by your 109, and look back to see a P-51. You start manuvering, figuring he is the typical fifty-run driver, and will imediatly dive to the deck. To your astonishment, he keeps with you all the way. You initiate a scissors fight, but he skillfuly enters a high yo-you and is back at your 6 as soon as you roll back for the reversal, but has bled some E when he pulled out of a turn too hard. You barrel roll and see hes lost some ground, but still isn't done.

Tell me that doesn't sound like the makings of a good fight, and I'll call you a liar.

That is a good fight but its not what you were speaking about.  You were talking about seeing how skillful someone is.  To find that out, there can be no chance of getting picked, lying about how it happened etc.  Just because you can move out of the way of tracers and reverse someone doesn't mean it was a skillful fight...but in the DA, 1 v 1 you get the best of ALL of the worlds of AH...the single two best fights I ever had were in the DA....BatfinkV in 202's (he let me fly around for 7 mins and I choose to think it was a fight...don't tell him I know he was eating crackers and drinking tea with his right hand...I don't want to betray his generousity) and Sunbat in Spit 1's (he did the same thing till I HO'd him...then he killed me quickly over and over).  My next two are MA fights....met Tongs at 16K and fought for 8 mins all the way to the deck but I may as well been in the DA..no one bothered us and it ended up with one of us augering!!  My fingers wouldn't open when it was over...greatness.  And finally with paleoguy....8 mins of him yanking his K4 around and me trying not to drive my 1A into the ground...but no one around to bother us.

The DA is the place to discover skill...you can see it everyday in the MA.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #189 on: November 22, 2011, 08:36:51 PM »
Not really. Being killed doesn't mean someone was better than you. You tell how good someone is by the quality of fight they put up once the maneuvering starts. If he tried to pick, but failed, that doesn't mean he isn't a good pilot, just that you saw the pick coming and were able to avoid it.

And I think we just differ in opinions. That type of 1v1 sounds a bit boring to me. I like it when its totally unexpected, and you either end up sinking back into your chair and breathing a deep sigh of relief when you finally manage to kill him, or end up obscurely pleased at the suprise as you float down to earth in your chute.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #190 on: November 22, 2011, 08:41:09 PM »
Not really. Being killed doesn't mean someone was better than you.

In a 1 v 1, then what does it mean???? lol
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #191 on: November 22, 2011, 08:50:17 PM »
You said that there can't be any chance that the engagment started with a pick, or something. Thats not true, a pick at the beginning of a 10 minute fight doesn't automaticly invalidate the results or the actuall fighting as far as one of the combatants making a judgment on his opponents skill.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #192 on: November 22, 2011, 10:45:07 PM »
You tell how good someone is by the quality of fight they put up once the maneuvering starts.

Exactly.  And if you're starting on equal terms it tells that much more.  That rarely happens outside the DA.  There's too many variables in the MA to truely judge skill except in rare instances.

If you really want to know how you stack up against someone the only place to do it is in the DA and when you find an equal pilot the fights are intense.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline dkff49

• Silver Member
« Reply #193 on: November 22, 2011, 11:10:52 PM »
However there is much shown when winning a fight that starts out in unpredictable ways as well. It is much harder to judge 'e' states on someone that did not start on equal terms (I am really bad at this). Granted you can tell much more about someone's skill level in a DA style match-up but there are skills that can not be learned through equal starts.

I also believe the unpredictable nature of the MA's is what produces the best fights (with the exception of the 202 fight that caldera mentioned), but getting through the all the HO's and Hordes and pickers makes it difficult to find and can many times be very frustrating.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 11:17:36 PM by dkff49 »
Haxxor has returned!!!!
Dave

Offline MajWoody

• Gold Member
« Reply #194 on: November 23, 2011, 12:20:33 AM »
I wasn't knocking the horde, I was stating that the horde goes both ways.  The PM screenshot was my response to the comments about the infamous dallas pms earlier in the thread.  Sometimes you get horded and rude private messages at the same time but regardless of this, aces high is still fun.

And as far as my pm response in the screenshot.  I was also ejected from 1ssf.

DALLAS typically sends vox PMs. I don't give a rip about text PMs but the vox type are ghey.. The flip side is that I know that I really pissed him off & that makes it worth it.  :aok
Lets keep the stupid to a minimum.
Old Age and Treachery, will overcome youth and skill EVERYTIME