Author Topic: Teh Hordez  (Read 46108 times)

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Re: Teh Hordez
« Reply #225 on: November 26, 2011, 03:24:51 PM »
hordes are fine, there just needs to be something that motivates a defensive horde against the offensive horde, then we will have utopia

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #226 on: November 26, 2011, 03:37:51 PM »
hordes are fine, there just needs to be something that motivates a defensive horde against the offensive horde, then we will have utopia

JUGgler

We almost had it last night...just about.  Then, it became a "sink the CV" fest....I have no idea why.  If you have other missions, you can just go around the CV and leave the fight alone but nope...lots of "sink the CV" police out there.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #227 on: November 26, 2011, 04:14:21 PM »
We almost had it last night...just about.  Then, it became a "sink the CV" fest....I have no idea why.  If you have other missions, you can just go around the CV and leave the fight alone but nope...lots of "sink the CV" police out there.

Nope.  Kill it.  Kill it if you want to. :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #228 on: November 26, 2011, 05:57:43 PM »
you werent there Sir. See you when we get the 410 <S>
AoM
City of ice

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #229 on: November 26, 2011, 07:35:05 PM »
Nope.  Kill it.  Kill it if you want to. :aok

Somehow Way, I knew you'd find this thread....I was kinda counting on it.  So if a bunch of folks are having a good time, its cool to stop it?  I'm not saying someone CAN'T or shouldn't do what they want...I'm saying its unnecessary and smacks of "I'll just screw it up for whoever".

Now, before you argue it...make sure you understand my point.  I'm not saying DON'T...I'm saying doing it makes you a dick.  If people are ok killing a fight and becoming a dick...I guess their ok being a dick. :rofl
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #230 on: November 26, 2011, 07:55:15 PM »
Somehow Way, I knew you'd find this thread....I was kinda counting on it.  So if a bunch of folks are having a good time, its cool to stop it?  I'm not saying someone CAN'T or shouldn't do what they want...I'm saying its unnecessary and smacks of "I'll just screw it up for whoever".

Now, before you argue it...make sure you understand my point.  I'm not saying DON'T...I'm saying doing it makes you a dick.  If people are ok killing a fight and becoming a dick...I guess their ok being a dick. :rofl

Changeup that can be applied to any aspect of the game, Jabbo's wrecking GV only Fights, bombers dropping FH and leaving the Bomber hangers up, the people destroying all i described are doing it because Maybe that's how they enjoy the game to others it's the "don't be a Dick®©" rule which leaves us with the play my way or your this kinda person now? granted there are people who will go out of there way to be a dick©® cause that's just how they get there sad enjoyment. just no use getting upset about things that are always going to happen more so now then before.
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #231 on: November 26, 2011, 10:28:25 PM »
Hey, its Pyro's rule, not ours.

"Rule #1: don't be a dick"

And ZooM, if people want to just bomb GV's that can't shoot back..... well thats available in the offline arena for free. No reason for someone who derives their pleaure from just bombing GV's should be online.

If you follow that train of thought to its logical conclusion, anyone whos main goal and source of pleasure in the MA's is bombing GV fights, is actually deriving their pleasure from killing people's fights, or pissing people off by bombing the highest perk tank they see. If GV bombing is their main goal and source of pleasure (and there are those types out there), that would imply that he has no ulterior motive, and simply enjoys starting trouble.

In otherwords, they're borderline psychopaths in all but the scale on which they opperate.

Bombers: Theres a multitude of targets to hit. Drop all but one FH, and then hit a BH, and you will still have bombed the same number of hangers. If bombing is how they get their enjoyment, there are (easy) ways to do it, and still not kill a fight. Infact, its just simply swinging your nose a few degrees to the left on your final bomb run. If they are bombing purely for pleasure, and not to assist an attack, or at a request, that would mean they are intentonally killing the fights, by targeting all the FH's, despite the fact that its easier to get a mix of FH's and BH's.

Assuming they're not doing it on request or to assist an attack, they are doing it simply to kill others fun, and piss as many people off. Again, this would make them borderline psychopaths.

Now I'm not saying that everyone who bombs a GV fight, or enjoys bombing is a psychopath, as we all know thats not the case. But I'm saying that those whos main goal/action in the MA's is bombing GV's, dropping all the FH's, and killing fights (those you've just defended) derive their pleasure from other's displeasure, or unhappiness, are infact borderline psychopaths.

The difference between tormenting someone online and tormenting someone in real life is not in the nature of that action, but only in the scale.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #232 on: November 26, 2011, 10:41:47 PM »
I have no idea what you are smoking, but you should really drop it...
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline EVZ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #233 on: November 27, 2011, 04:22:39 AM »
push people towards more of  a combined opps style of play.

If running NOE: 1) 109's for fighter cover, 2) some sets of B-26's to take care of the main part of town, 3) heavy 110's or mossies to clean up, 4) pair of C-47's

A good set. If bases were limited to just a couple of types, pilots would have to LEARN to be adaptable, or limit themselves to bases with their favorite type (and maybe wait in line for one). And combined opps would have to VARY their composition depending on what plane types were available within reasonable range ... Missions would have to coordinate and rendevous at a staging point. Gee? Sounds kind of REALISTIC ???   :aok
I am my Ideal ! - You may now return to your petty bickering.

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #234 on: November 27, 2011, 04:47:15 AM »
When GVs stop coming to my airfields blowing things up, then i'll stop going to GV fights and blowing them up.  :devil

how's that for logic Tank-Ace?

I won't go as far as stealing a friendly tankers kill. But if you get him.....your butt is mine. So ya better hope ur in one of them whirelwind thingys.  :t
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 04:53:36 AM by uptown »
Lighten up Francis

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #235 on: November 27, 2011, 05:28:29 AM »
When GVs stop coming to my airfields blowing things up, then i'll stop going to GV fights and blowing them up.  :devil

how's that for logic Tank-Ace?

I won't go as far as stealing a friendly tankers kill. But if you get him.....your butt is mine. So ya better hope ur in one of them whirelwind thingys.  :t
little difference between things
if your base is under attack of a heavy gv raid (usually your VH is down)  or
if theres a tank vs tank fun battle going on and you come to btard from a sector away
AoM
City of ice

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #236 on: November 27, 2011, 05:36:57 AM »
if people want to just bomb GV's that can't shoot back..... well thats available in the offline arena for free. No reason for someone who derives their pleaure from just bombing GV's should be online.

You fail to grasp the simple fact that you're in the MA.  If you appear red on my screen then that makes you fair game, regardless of what you are in.  If you want to GV unmolested there is the option of creating your own arena that you can disable planes in so you can't be bombed.  Asking...no, demanding, that you don't get bombed in the MA is just as silly as flying a bomber and asking a fighter not to shoot you down.  Basically, suck it up and get a new tank when you get bombed.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #237 on: November 27, 2011, 08:53:30 AM »

:noid  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 09:35:20 AM by waystin2 »
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #238 on: November 27, 2011, 10:01:08 AM »
Hey, its Pyro's rule, not ours.

"Rule #1: don't be a dick"

And ZooM, if people want to just bomb GV's that can't shoot back..... well thats available in the offline arena for free. No reason for someone who derives their pleaure from just bombing GV's should be online.

If you follow that train of thought to its logical conclusion, anyone whos main goal and source of pleasure in the MA's is bombing GV fights, is actually deriving their pleasure from killing people's fights, or pissing people off by bombing the highest perk tank they see. If GV bombing is their main goal and source of pleasure (and there are those types out there), that would imply that he has no ulterior motive, and simply enjoys starting trouble.

In otherwords, they're borderline psychopaths in all but the scale on which they opperate.

What you seem to fail to understand, is bombing GVs is easy, and with out much danger of being shot down.  So people can get kills, get points and perks, AND get their name in lights. Pissing people off is just an added benefit.  No of these things can be obtained off line.

Bombers: Theres a multitude of targets to hit. Drop all but one FH, and then hit a BH, and you will still have bombed the same number of hangers. If bombing is how they get their enjoyment, there are (easy) ways to do it, and still not kill a fight. Infact, its just simply swinging your nose a few degrees to the left on your final bomb run. If they are bombing purely for pleasure, and not to assist an attack, or at a request, that would mean they are intentonally killing the fights, by targeting all the FH's, despite the fact that its easier to get a mix of FH's and BH's.

What you fail to understand is taking the fighter hangers down at a base makes it much easier to capture the base, the main activity in the MA's.

Your putting wayyyyyy too much stock into the the idea of everyone is to piss the other guy off. Sure some do go out of their way to do so, but for the most part it really isn't a factor, just an added benefit.

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #239 on: November 27, 2011, 10:59:16 AM »
I like to go to GV fights and shoot at bomb****s... but then their buddies always spawn wirbles and the bomb****s drag you back into ack... so that makes me mad and I grab bombs and come back and kill GV's too, because they shot at me first.
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"