Author Topic: I'm not a fan of Pit Bulls but....  (Read 2040 times)

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
Re: I'm not a fan of Pit Bulls but....
« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2011, 12:51:37 PM »
Are you serious?  they have bundled staffies in the mix of dangerous dogs.. where you live...that is really sad...

yes I agree but the genius who wrote and passed the law couldn't tell 1 dog from another.

A well known celebrity owned bullterriers and they were exempt for some reason,when asked in parlament why the staffy and not the bullterrier he said you could tell a bullterrier apart from a pitbull but the same cant be said about the staffy.

So in the end I can own a bullterrier but not another staffy,or I could get any of the mastiff breeds. If I wanted a nasty dog I'd get a working breed,giant schnauzer,black russian terrier,belgian sheppard or even a standard poodle.

YMMV.

:salute

PS: Slash not lumping in any breed,just mentioning the dogs that have replaced all the pitbulls.I my mind any dog over about 30 lbs can be dangerous and dogs that go 100 pounds or more can take down almost any human.
  I dont think any dog is dangerous really but their owners can make them that way.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: I'm not a fan of Pit Bulls but....
« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2011, 12:52:30 PM »
I get the frustration but why are you lumping the Rott in as a " dangerous dog"?

Rotts get a lot of blame game ,too. I have had a rott. Was a great dog but got poisoned.

Never found out who did it.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)