Re: 10-0
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2011, 07:57:06 PM »
I approve of this thread. :aok
-AoM-

Offline Flipperk

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2011, 08:25:10 PM »
I would not brag about your victory over Tampa...the Packers let 26 points get on the board...what did the Texans just do to Tampa the week before?

37 to 9...

37 to 9....not only did the Texans out score the Packers against the same team, not only did the Texans only let 9 points get on the board...they did it on the road... The packers are way over rated...they are letting too many points get on the board, they are like the Colts the past few years...all offense and no defense... I predict they lose first game in the playoffs...

It is 2 Cents or .02 Dollars...NOT .02 Cents!

Offline IrishOne

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2011, 08:57:55 PM »
I would not brag about your victory over Tampa...the Packers let 26 points get on the board...what did the Texans just do to Tampa the week before?
37 to 9...
37 to 9....not only did the Texans out score the Packers against the same team, not only did the Texans only let 9 points get on the board...they did it on the road... The packers are way over rated...they are letting too many points get on the board, they are like the Colts the past few years...all offense and no defense... I predict they lose first game in the playoffs...

the Packers and the Texans are no comparison, the Packers are light years ahead  :aok

for the rest of this post i say  :lol
-AoM-

Offline Flipperk

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2011, 09:08:42 PM »
the Packers and the Texans are no comparison, the Packers are light years ahead  :aok

for the rest of this post i say  :lol

Actually no, they are not...time to get off your high horse and look at the cold hard facts...their defense sucks...plain and simple, and that will kill any team in this league..especially in the playoffs... be ready for a disappointment. You can say what you want, but the "best" team let Tampa score 26 points, and only mustered up 35...the Texans...an inferior team by your standards, stood up the same team you just played 37 to 9. No, the Packers are not light years ahead...maybe only in the overrated category.

Offline IrishOne

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2011, 09:29:51 PM »

Actually no, they are not...time to get off your high horse and look at the cold hard facts...their defense sucks...plain and simple, and that will kill any team in this league..especially in the playoffs... be ready for a disappointment. You can say what you want, but the "best" team let Tampa score 26 points, and only mustered up 35...the Texans...an inferior team by your standards, stood up the same team you just played 37 to 9. No, the Packers are not light years ahead...maybe only in the overrated category.

W   L   T    PCT            HOME   ROAD        DIV   CONF      PF    PA     DIF   STRK
Green Bay    10   0   0   1.000       5-0-0     5-0-0   3-0-0     8-0-0   355   212   +143   Won 10

Houston    7   3   0       .700       4-1-0     3-2-0   3-0-0     6-2-0   273   166   +107   Won 4

i'll take the extra 82 points forced by the offense, far outweighs the 42 point difference in points allowed  :aok  

so, maybe by your standard Green Bays defense may suck, but by that same standard, the Texans offense is pure garbage!!

sounds like you're just jealous you don't have a high horse to ride  :lol    lmao!  the texans..........pffffffffft  :rofl

« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 09:32:25 PM by IrishOne »
-AoM-

Offline flight17

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2011, 11:24:04 PM »
blaa blaa blaa

stats dont matter. Your still missing the point that you barely won over a team that was murdered by a team that has an inferior record to yours.
119th Riffle Tank Regiment leader -Red Storm Krupp Steel Scenario

Active Member of Air Heritage Inc. http://airheritage.org/

Offline IrishOne

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2011, 11:25:50 PM »
stats dont matter. Your still missing the point that you barely won over a team that was murdered by a team that has an inferior record to yours.

blah blah blah indeed!   :lol        as it stands RIGHT NOW, green bay is the best team in football  :aok  realize it.     no matter what you say, no matter how little you care about stats, the packers are outright dominant  :rock
-AoM-

Offline IrishOne

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2011, 11:31:33 PM »
stats dont matter.

sounds like you don't know a whole lot about this little sport we call football.   the stats kinda DO matter  :aok   for instance, the fact that green bay is 10-0 tells me that they have a better record than whatever team you follow, no matter who they are!   10-0 is a stat.   the packers entered the playoffs last season as a wildcard, the #6 seed, and won the superbowl!    and guess what, they haven't lost a game since ;)     still think stats don't matter?     anyone can say their team is almost as good, but none has stepped up yet to prove it so here's a big ol   :neener:
-AoM-

Offline Flipperk

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2011, 07:22:07 AM »
sounds like you don't know a whole lot about this little sport we call football.   the stats kinda DO matter  :aok   for instance, the fact that green bay is 10-0 tells me that they have a better record than whatever team you follow, no matter who they are!   10-0 is a stat.   the packers entered the playoffs last season as a wildcard, the #6 seed, and won the superbowl!    and guess what, they haven't lost a game since ;)     still think stats don't matter?     anyone can say their team is almost as good, but none has stepped up yet to prove it so here's a big ol   :neener:

I still predict they lose first game in the playoffs, if you say stats do matter then your stats indicate that when your team goes up against a high powered defense then the Packers are going to get killed. They can not defend the ball against anyone, and they will be scored on...massively...what are they going to do when their offense is shut down? Lose...

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2011, 07:34:08 AM »

Two things hampering the Packers right now.   1.   The lack of a bonafide Running Back (Ahman Green was the last IMO, but fumbled the ball too much, even as a Husker).   2.  The Secondary gets very lazy at times.    

Stats do matter and 4 rushing TD's from your actual Running Back staff should be raising some Red Flags.

Edit:   Mind you, I am very familiar with the Green Bay teams.   I had a neighbor who grew up outside of Madison, WI.   Also, a good friend is a Pack fan, so we talk at great lengths about them.   I rooted for them in the SB and would do so again, even as a Lions fan.    But going undefeated and shutting up Mercury Morris, is not easy.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 07:37:32 AM by Masherbrum »
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline BoilerDown

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2011, 04:48:55 AM »
blah blah blah indeed!   :lol        as it stands RIGHT NOW, green bay is the best team in football  :aok  realize it.     no matter what you say, no matter how little you care about stats, the packers are outright dominant  :rock

They have the best record, but the Niners are playing better football.  Looking into the future, the Packers have about as difficult of a schedule as is possible.  Meanwhile the Niners play in a weak division.  So as I said before, the Niners are more likely to end up with the #1 overall seed, but I still think the Packers are more likely to end up in the Super Bowl.
Boildown

This is the Captain.  We have a lil' problem with our entry sequence so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Boildown is Twitching: http://www.twitch.tv/boildown

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2011, 02:30:19 PM »
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Dace

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2011, 05:14:59 PM »
IF, and a big IF in todays NFL, it comes down to the Packers and Niners. I'm giving the edge to the Niners. Especially in Green Bay in December. San Fran has the ability to keep to the opposing offense off of the field, which is what needs to be done against the Packers.

Offline Skulls22

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2011, 06:58:30 PM »

10-1
(In game Sparty)
R.I.P. SASFRAS, may you return some day soon
<S>