Author Topic: The best fight out there  (Read 6348 times)

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Re: The best fight out there
« Reply #165 on: November 22, 2011, 08:15:01 AM »
One of the cool things in this game is you dont have to be a great player to find your own best fight ever.

When a 3 star player meets a 5 star player and loses, its curatins lots of times for the 3 star.. When a 3 star player meets another 3 star player, an awesome battle can occur. This isnt saying that individually they are very good, but at that moment, the level of competition was so close it made the fight intense.

So very true.

- oldman

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 22, 2011, 08:37:39 AM »
.. When a 3 star player meets another 3 star player, an awesome battle can occur. This isnt saying that individually they are very good, but at that moment, the level of competition was so close it made the fight intense.

There was that one particular dogfight in at the beginning of my AH career that's still in my memory as one of the longest and most intense fight I ever had. Sweaty palms, totally exhausted at the end, shaking with excitement after it was over.

Years later I found the film and watched it. Looked like two blindfolded grannies having a pursefight.  :lol  If any of us two would have had any decent skill level, it would have been over in a minute.  But we both sucked, and that's why it was a great fight  :rock
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #167 on: November 22, 2011, 08:48:12 AM »
sorry everyone but I really do have to <golf clap>  this reply!

I guarandamntee ya that 98 to 99% of those who have posted in this thread have not yet had the "fight of their lives"........

you will know it when it happens, and you will long for another like it or better, long after ......  I have only had 3 to 5 in over 16 years that really mean alot to me...... I have had some awesome dogfights...... but I will never forget those few 3 to 5......

:old:

keep at it, you'll get there!

TC

Been whoopin up on you since AW.  :rofl

Golf Clap,
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #168 on: November 22, 2011, 08:50:05 AM »
I get what he's saying.  I've had some really great fights in the MA, but the best fights ever have been moments in scenarios for me.  That may not apply to other folks, but I can still describe those fights going back to Airwarrior.  Far and above better then anything else I've experienced in a very enjoyable game.

As the saying goes though, your mileage may vary :)

On any Sunday,
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #169 on: November 22, 2011, 09:14:02 AM »

There was that one particular dogfight in at the beginning of my AH career that's still in my memory as one of the longest and most intense fight I ever had. Sweaty palms, totally exhausted at the end, shaking with excitement after it was over.

Years later I found the film and watched it. Looked like two blindfolded grannies having a pursefight.  :lol  If any of us two would have had any decent skill level, it would have been over in a minute.  But we both sucked, and that's why it was a great fight  :rock

That could describe any fight I've had that has lasted over a minute.  :D

Best fight I can remember was a 202 vs 202 fight in the DA with Haxxor.  Lasted over 10 minutes until some tool decided he wanted to interrupt our fight at an isolated field.  The advantage changed hands so many times, it was just amazing.  As perfect a fight as you could ever have.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #170 on: November 22, 2011, 12:56:47 PM »
Thank You, Tiff , Filth, Oldman and snailman...... all of you provided a great reply......

sorry, I have been down a day or 2, and was trying to find the right words.....

I here ya Mr. Golf Clap  :neener:  ( Megalodon )   post your gameid please........  I know alot of you 4th FG's..... hell 1/3rd of you mentored me...... another 1/3rds was Damned ( Chick specifically ) and last 1/3rds  was Rapier, Dragon, Wraith, Darpa, etc..( Musketeers )..  edit - Mir and dead and other Nomads did too......

also! I am not talking about fights that I may have won........... I am talking about the fight itself........win or lose.......

my last one was with maha in the AvsA.........  batfink has posted the film many times.....and I lost......

<S>

TC
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 01:01:59 PM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline dkff49

• Silver Member
« Reply #171 on: November 22, 2011, 03:15:06 PM »
That could describe any fight I've had that has lasted over a minute.  :D

Best fight I can remember was a 202 vs 202 fight in the DA with Haxxor.  Lasted over 10 minutes until some tool decided he wanted to interrupt our fight at an isolated field.  The advantage changed hands so many times, it was just amazing.  As perfect a fight as you could ever have.

That fight was probably the longest lasting and most memorable fight I have had i n  AH. Too bad I was so torqued that I hit the cancel and not saved the film after that dbag jumped the fight.

Haven't even been able to duplicate it since either. :bhead

Any fight that leaves me shaking and sore leaves me craving more. Been a while since the last time it happened though.
Haxxor has returned!!!!
Dave