Author Topic: Components of fighter score...  (Read 6095 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Fighter Rank Oracle
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2011, 09:03:25 AM »
New version... now a chart included  :D

http://www.mediafire.com/?atjjw33aztz0c8z

I edited the link in the original message above, too.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 09:07:14 AM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: Components of fighter score...
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2011, 09:05:25 AM »
sounds like Midway has the kind of great attitude to flying Aces High that so many people preach on these boards, but so few actually practice

dhyran the real joke here is you of all people mocking Midways k/d and play style  :old:  

consider your way Sir
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2011, 09:05:32 AM »
and K/D = 0,8  :lol :lol :lol

:headscratch:

0.8 is way above average ;)

Offline Kovel

• Copper Member
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2011, 09:27:09 AM »
K/D
Rewards players that fly in a more realistic way. Rewards vulchers as well.

K/S
Rewards players that fite in a less friendly enviroment. Rewards vulchers as well.

K/T
Still dont know what it rewards to, but vulchers. Maybe base defenders.....dunno...

%Hit
It punishes the sprayers. Well, In fact. Sprayers with the actual damage model can hit a thing. So they are punished twice. 1 for spraying and second one for not to killing a thing

Rewards the player who spents more hours flying. And reward vulchers.

First conclusion: Vulching action is rewarded in every category. So, you cant say this or that category helps vulchers at ranking.

But: Look at this:

Player A:

1 sortie, 3 kills, 1 landed in 1 hour, %hit= 5

k/d : 3 (100)
k/s : 3 (10)
k/t : 3 (200)
hit: 5% (400)

hypothetical ranking for every category: 100+10+200+400 = 710

Player B

1 sortie, 2 kills, 0 landed in 1 hour, hit= 20%:

k/d : 1 (300)
k/s : 2 (100)
k/t : 2 (300)
hit: 20% (17)

hypothetical ranking for every category: 300+100+300+17 = 717

The numbers are hypothetical, and must be unaccurate, but you can get the idea, both players are ranked nearly the same, althought k/d and k/s indicate a better global flying in the simulator for player A.

Of course, Pilot A could be a vulcher and pilot B could get those 2 kills in a 1 vs 2 fite. But, as I said before, rank will never reflect if you are vulching, or fiting outnumbered.

For me, each factor should be weighted.....

K/D x 4f + K/S x 3f + K/T x 2f + Points...for exemple.

Ranking, anyway, doesnt reflect much as a whole picture.........  
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 09:29:49 AM by Kovel »
" I personally led the attack to A1" - Pipz

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2011, 09:28:09 AM »
sounds like Midway has the kind of great attitude to flying Aces High that so many people preach on these boards, but so few actually practice

dhyran the real joke here is you of all people mocking Midways k/d and play style  :old:  

consider your way Sir
The Real Joke is on you if thats what you believe.
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2011, 09:38:07 AM »
feel free to enlighten me  :angel:  I'm always ready to learn  

to my eyes Midway's style appears to be 'fly a large number of sorties, have as many fights as possible, and don't worry about how much you get shot down'   (and also wind up the easily trolled idiots on 200 incessantly  :rofl )

Isn't that a laudable attitude?  the latter part is certainly something that is frequently mentioned on these boards as being a mark of the 'better' pilots. It's all about the fight, not the score. Isn't that what everyone keeps saying?  :headscratch:

seems to me Midway is the living embodiment of that noble goal, and dhyran..... :lol well, we all know his style*

*not that I personally have a problem with more conservative play, it's just funny that he chooses to attack Midway. I think someone has hurt feelings  :devil

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2011, 09:41:35 AM »
feel free to enlighten me  :angel:  I'm always ready to learn 

to my eyes Midway's style appears to be 'fly a large number of sorties, have as many fights as possible, and don't worry about how much you get shot down'   (and also wind up the easily trolled idiots on 200 incessantly  :rofl )

isn't that a laudable attitude?  the latter part is certainly something that is frequently mentioned on these boards as being a mark of the 'better' pilots. It's all about the fight, not the score. isn't that what everyone keeps saying?

seems to me Midway is the living embodiment of that noble goal, and dhyran..... :lol well, we all know his style*

*not that I personally have a problem with more conservative play, it's just funny that he chooses to attack Midway. I think someone has hurt feelings  :devil

You find it funny that  Midway disrespects LD? and they are attacking him? Dont get me wrong I understand the rest but this doesnt make sense. It looks to me that Midway attacks LD more then most I wonder why  :noid
=The Damned=
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2011, 09:46:51 AM »
Ah OK, that's an easy one that I can be confident of answering correctly :aok

As mentioned above, Midway seems to be all about the fights!

As is well known by most, LD are generally, with some notable exceptions unwilling to engage in anything resembling a fair fight. As I said before, I personally don't really have a problem with that kind of playstyle as I really do understand and appreciate their approach to squad tactics, trying to get home alive like in a real fighter sortie, and general squad ethos. It's right up my alley ;]

But that is complete anathema to Midway's kind of playstyle, which is why he probably winds them up (trolls ;) ) especially often.  

This obviously upsets dhyran to the point that he forgets his normal mature and respectful persona and tries (as so many do) to take some cheap shots at Midway. But imho the cheap shot was not very well aimed  :old:

« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 09:51:16 AM by coombz »

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2011, 09:48:45 AM »
Player A:

1 sortie, 3 kills, 1 landed in 1 hour, %hit= 5

k/d : 3 (100)
k/s : 3 (10)
k/t : 3 (200)
hit: 5% (400)

hypothetical ranking for every category: 100+10+200+400 = 710

Player B

1 sortie, 2 kills, 0 landed in 1 hour, hit= 20%:

k/d : 1 (300)
k/s : 2 (100)
k/t : 2 (300)
hit: 20% (17)

hypothetical ranking for every category: 300+100+300+17 = 717

The numbers are hypothetical, and must be unaccurate, but you can get the idea, both players are ranked nearly the same, althought k/d and k/s indicate a better global flying in the simulator for player A.

If we reduce the hypothetical component a bit:  Had they both managed to keep these stats over a whole tour (141), player A would have had a rank # of about 100-200 lower than player B.

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2011, 09:50:53 AM »

As is well known by most, LD are generally, with some notable exceptions unwilling to engage in anything resembling a fair fight. As I said before, I personally don't really have a problem with that kind of playstyle as I really do understand and appreciate their approach to squad tactics, trying to get home alive like in a real fighter sortie, and general squad ethos. It's right up my alley ;]

But that is a complete anathema to Midway's kind of playstyle, which is why he probably winds them up (trolls ;) ) especially often.  

This obviously upsets dhyran to the point that he forgets his normal mature and respectful persona and tries (as so many do) to take some cheap shots at Midway. But imho the cheap shot was not very well aimed  :old:

:aok

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2011, 09:53:27 AM »

But that is complete anathema to Midway's kind of playstyle, which is why he probably winds them up (trolls ;) ) especially often.  

This obviously upsets dhyran to the point that he forgets his normal mature and respectful persona and tries (as so many do) to take some cheap shots at Midway. But imho the cheap shot was not very well aimed  :old:

I see you guys are done not being noticed on the BBS and back to flaming other squads.  :aok  Have fun with that sure Bruv will be along shortly to put you in place.
=The Damned=

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2011, 09:53:46 AM »
 :salute Midway you are twice the fighter pilot I am and three times the trolling experten ;)

I'd like to forestall any accusations that I am humping Midway's ankle - the correct nomenclature that I would like to be applied in this instance is 'e-knight'

as in

"typical that the Few member is e-knighting for their #1 ankle humper Midway"

:aok

Offline Kovel

• Copper Member
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2011, 09:57:30 AM »
Thanks Lusche for putting more exact numbers  :)

Now look how much it is descompensated, imho. Only 100 positions ranking only for being better at K/D K/S and K/T, 3 much mor important categories than %hit.

:salute
" I personally led the attack to A1" - Pipz

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2011, 09:59:37 AM »
I see you guys are done not being noticed on the BBS and back to flaming other squads.  :aok  Have fun with that sure Bruv will be along shortly to put you in place.

You guys? Is there more than one of me now? Have I multiplied like an amoeba?

You can't flame on these boards, due to all of the prohibitive rules :D  But you can certainly take the piss...

However I did my best to couch my comments about LD in as respectful a manner as possible, and my derision was reserved solely for dhyran's unworthy comment about Midway.

I don't think that counts as flaming squads, but if you want to e-knight for LD that's cool with me ;)

Offline dhyran

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2011, 10:01:45 AM »

But that is a complete anathema to Midway's kind of playstyle, which is why he probably winds them up (trolls ;) ) especially often.  

:lol last time i killed you i came from below, so much about the unwilling style you described. And yes we love to RTB, we love to fight together. When we engage into a fight, we allways have engaged and free fighters. roles changes during the battle each couple of seconds. yesterday we engaged a group of 6 with 4 sticks, we lost one but killed all, now what happend next? the last one who get shot was yelling about 3 vs1 at the end. Way too funny! When we played the SDL, these days you wasn't a member of the Few, each squad had the same chance, we were mostly unknown, we won all matches, sadly the SDL died in seasion 2! Each fight, same chances, fair enough with same planes , opend up at 10K

LD vs The Few
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krkLzbf-iyY

filmed with fraps directly during the fights, cutted afterwards

and more:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MN_LasaURtg&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjeCnIbWWlU&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUEJbDAphAs

No come back if you got enough knowledge what you are talking about!

..... no more questions.

Well i did a coment because of all these 'look at me' postings. Its nothing more. have it all your way, but i never would coment anyones playstyle or whatever, its just the complete flooding of ch 200 each day and each hour......... if there would only some smart or funny stuff, but both missed period
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 10:09:23 AM by dhyran »

dhyran  - retired  CO  ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~        www.loose-deuce.net/