Author Topic: who are u........  (Read 4289 times)

Offline asterix

• Nickel Member
Re: who are u........
« Reply #75 on: November 24, 2011, 06:29:06 AM »
Interesting topic and great stories. I played AH2 for six months and have been out of this game for a year or so. I miss it. I would like to say that it is just a game, but for me it is also an opportunity to feel some excitement of combat without the real life horror. I have always taken great interest in air combat tactics and this game is basically the only affordable way of experiencing it. I researched 1/12 scale radio controlled model airplane air combat, but that has little tactics involved. When I played online I did not imagined myself sitting in a real plane although I sometimes made flights after some movie or book. For example after watching "Dambusters" I took a formation of Lancs for a two hour NOE flight to enemy HQ and back. That was the only flight I made that day. Due to my patience I was best in bombers and GVs. To my surprise I really sucked in fighters, but I did not take this game serious enough to go to a DA or training arena.

In a real life I am a low hour commercial pilot, so I should get enough flying, but it is not like that. I have to fly where other people tell me to, follow the flight plan, be efficient and so on. It is a great job, but it misses some things that I have to find elsewhere.

I occasionally read this forum, check the number of online players and play in offline mode. Thus I am pretty sure I will return some day. The first thing I am going to do is take a Typhoon to a horde and make high speed passes and pulverize everything that is unlucky enough to get in the way. :t

Compared to some FPS games you actually have to think in AH2 and that is great. FPS seems to be all about good reaction speed and mashing buttons.
Win 7 Pro 64, AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ 3,0 GHz, Asus M2N mobo, refurbished Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 GV-N960IXOC-2GD 2GB, Corsair XMS2 4x2GB 800MHz DDR2, Seagate BarraCuda 7200.10 ST3160815AS 160GB 7200 RPM HDD, Thermaltake Smart 430W

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 24, 2011, 07:48:50 AM »
I'm a weak and terrified soul, thrown into an alien universe. Aces High is my sedative, my escape, my never never land and my doom.  :uhoh
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline W7LPNRICK

• Gold Member
      • Ham Radio Antenna Experiments
« Reply #77 on: November 25, 2011, 09:53:55 PM »
I'm a weak and terrified soul, thrown into an alien universe. Aces High is my sedative, my escape, my never never land and my doom.  :uhoh

OK I let you be Weasel too sometimes If you need to.... :D
WildWzl
Ft Bragg Jump School-USAF Kunsan AB, Korea- Clark AB P.I.- Korat, Thailand-Tinker AFB Ok.- Mtn Home AFB Idaho
F-86's, F-4D, F-4G, F-5E Tiger II, C-130, UH-1N (Twin Engine Hueys) O-2's. E3A awacs, F-111, FB-111, EF-111,

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #78 on: November 25, 2011, 10:08:51 PM »
i still just like to be me. it's what i've always been, and it's what i'll always be.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline RTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #79 on: November 25, 2011, 10:30:59 PM »
In the arenas I really am what you see. In general,  I'm pretty easy going and encourage all who I engage with. Been that way all my life and the 10 years here with HTC.

Posting on the boards?...well it's a lottery depending on how much I have had to drink.

Recently I have learned that maybe posting after imbibing is not such a great idea, and so I will refrain from that..except for this one. <G>

I will say though that this is one of those rare, rare things that you can escape to, and not have regrets over.

cheers all,

RTR

The Damned

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #80 on: November 26, 2011, 12:11:59 AM »
I started w Air Warrior in 94 and quickly became addicted flying around aimlessly learning to fly for a few months.

My personality type is Team Oriented
with leadership qualities but my natural Tools are better suited for strategic organizing while having a boss above me.

In 1996 I was able to find a small squad of 8 guys where my real life passion and talents could be utilized within the Marine Air Wing (MAW)
They were new from a jet fighter game &  taught them all I knew with a special emphasis on teamwork and strategy. My interests became their interests and with 40MAW's leadership we became very successful, hard hitting base takers.

I helped them grow from 8 players to nearly 100 of on off players. The core of the unit was divided into specific wings each having specific duties as seen fit.
 Many of our early tactics were vDallas dirty.

I left the game in 2002. Came back summer 2007 and found another small squad called The Aces & 8's

Again I used my real life talents to help them evolve into one of the best base taking squads the game had ever seen. The squad grew rapidly with like minded individuals but unlike the MAW a code of ethics was established.

TEAMWORK, HONOR AND RESPECT was not only our motto but  a way of life inside and out of the game. Many of the tactics we devised as a squad helped us evolve into a 200 base take -10,000 kill a month squad to fight against. Air , Sea or Land.

I was extremely honored to be able to fly with the good people of that squad until 2009. RIP A8WB (the squads resupply and troop leader)

On my return July/2011 I found the 8's mostly stopped flying. I have found no equal to the Teamwork and enjoyment I once experienced with them since.
Like many jobs I've had, it takes time to find the right players and organize that type of commitment for success we had all shared.

"Don't wait for them to come to you. Meet, KILL and disable them first as a single unit."

« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 12:16:33 AM by A8TOOL »

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #81 on: November 26, 2011, 12:27:24 AM »