Author Topic: Hitech Creations "Hijacks' my local paper.  (Read 2208 times)

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
Re: Hitech Creations "Hijacks' my local paper.
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2011, 06:46:42 PM »
I've used both DBCooper and TheAmish as game names in the past .  :noid
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 06:49:31 PM by uptown »
Lighten up Francis

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2011, 06:53:32 PM »
what the hell is an amish haircut attack?

semp
the story on that is some ex-amish attacked an elder and shaved his beard off. all married Amish have beards.
Lighten up Francis

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2011, 09:14:02 PM »
Your browsing history determines the advertisements served up.

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2011, 11:01:13 PM »
the story on that is some ex-amish attacked an elder and shaved his beard off. all married Amish have beards.

Funny thing is the Amish guy behind the beard attacks name is Sam Mullet.  

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/23/amish-beard-cutting-arrest_n_1110165.html?ref=crime&icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl4%7Csec1_lnk2%7C115297

There are late night talk show comedy writers (unfortunately a lot of them) who couldn't come up with gold like this.  

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2011, 11:20:22 PM »
Funny thing is the Amish guy behind the beard attacks name is Sam Mullet.  

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/23/amish-beard-cutting-arrest_n_1110165.html?ref=crime&icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl4%7Csec1_lnk2%7C115297

There are late night talk show comedy writers (unfortunately a lot of them) who couldn't come up with gold like this.  

now I have seen everything.  he's charged with a hate crime.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2011, 04:11:38 AM »
cool that's the way to advertise  :aok
now posting as SirNuke

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2011, 11:16:00 AM »
Why are the Muppets advertising they are an "energetic ticklefest"?

It's an INK thing...
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2011, 11:17:04 AM »
now I have seen everything.  he's charged with a hate crime.

semp

That's because he qualified for it...attacking someone in their home because you didn't agree with their form of religion kinda fits the bill don't you think?  If you don't, the Supreme Court would like to hear from you...as boring as they must be, I'm sure they would like to spend 15-20 mins of their lives trolling you while you make your argument for the opposition, as they laugh histerically at your putzness, lmao!
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 11:19:48 AM by Changeup »

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Krupinski

• Gold Member
      • Twitch
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2011, 12:12:12 PM »
Don't hate. The Amish live in my backyard.

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2011, 12:21:52 PM »
That's because he qualified for it...attacking someone in their home because you didn't agree with their form of religion kinda fits the bill don't you think?  If you don't, the Supreme Court would like to hear from you...as boring as they must be, I'm sure they would like to spend 15-20 mins of their lives trolling you while you make your argument for the opposition, as they laugh histerically at your putzness, lmao!

Are you sure the attackers motives were directed towards the mans beliefs or were they directed at the man himself. I understood it that they just didn't like the guy, for whatever reason. So in my eyes that wouldn't be a hate crime against the Amish beliefs, but a simple assault....big difference.
Lighten up Francis

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2011, 12:32:38 PM »

I dont disagree with the charge, i was more like wow the amish (well the nutty ones anyway) who are supposed to be peace loving are attacking others.

semp

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2011, 12:45:43 PM »
It'll be interesting to me as to how this plays out in the courts. After reading the piece from the link above, it could very well be a hate crime in the eyes of the courts.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 12:58:44 PM by uptown »
Lighten up Francis

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2011, 07:35:29 PM »
Are you sure the attackers motives were directed towards the mans beliefs or were they directed at the man himself. I understood it that they just didn't like the guy, for whatever reason. So in my eyes that wouldn't be a hate crime against the Amish beliefs, but a simple assault....big difference.

The Amish sect that Mullet Sr ran was under tight control by him...so much so, 6 families left that sect because he expelled one family so they left in protest over that.  The 300 leaders of the Amish met and decided that the excommunication of that one family, conducted by Mullet Sr and carried out by his idiot sons and their buddies was improper.  So, the sons and buddies went on a rampage.  In two cases, they knocked on the first two families doors, pulled the men out on the porch and shaved his beard in front of his family (an enormous no-no in that religion) and in the third example, Mullet wrote 5 letters to the third family asking to stop the feud and meet with him.  The man agreed and was met by the sons and buddies for a shave and a beating.

Mullet and his boys are complete idiots.  I ran the article on ABCNews.com by my wife, the lawyer, and she agreed completely that it qualified for a hate crime, both by law and in spirit.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2011, 09:02:08 PM »
it is a hate crime only because of the belief by amish that the bible tells them not to shave after marriage.  so it was an attack only because of his rebellious beliefs. a hate crime.

semp

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2011, 11:50:45 AM »

Both folks are Amish. One is a break away sect. He is the one pissed cause the others will not follow him so he and a few men started attacking the Amish who would not follow by cutting beards and hair. Beards are important in Amish life.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)