Author Topic: Yanky breakfast  (Read 1023 times)

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
Re: Yanky breakfast
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2011, 10:47:37 PM »
Hashbrowns. use cheese shredder on potatos, take now shredded potatos and season as desired, put seasoned potato shreds into a buttered pan and fry till brown and crispy on one or both sides. mmmmm, tasty goodness

So you shred raw potatoes or do you have to boil them a bit first? Also I have to squash them into a sort of waffle right?
”It's a shame that he's gone, but the shame is entirely his”
HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0

Offline Dace

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2011, 11:22:09 PM »
Bally Jerry pranged his kite right in the howsyourfather.  Hairy Blighter dickybirded, feathered back on his Sammy, took a waspy flipped over on his Betty Harpers and caught his can in the Bertie.

http://youtu.be/5rKYL0tW-Ek

:aok

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2011, 05:46:08 AM »
3 eggs over easy
Pork sausage
Hashbrowns scattered, smothered and covered
Pecan waffle w/ butter & syrup
Toast w/ blackberry preserves
Orange juice
Coffee
Lipitor
Niaspan
 :old:
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2011, 06:30:33 AM »
Words to live by  :D

Mine......Western omelette with cheese, home fries, and scrapple, Wheat toast on the side (home made) strawberry jam and a cup of coffee.......black  :aok

Ahhhhhh yesssss.........Hair of the dog  :aok

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hair_of_the_dog

Don't...

You will just confuse them...
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2011, 06:36:44 AM »
So you shred raw potatoes or do you have to boil them a bit first? Also I have to squash them into a sort of waffle right?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/hashbrowns_12454

this is a great recipe for delicious yummy hashbrowns. an essential component of the breakfast of champions.
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2011, 06:39:27 AM »
We know about scrapple, all the unwanted bits of the animal compressed into a block, sliced and fried, right?

It's grits that confuse me  :headscratch:

HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2011, 07:18:31 AM »
We know about scrapple, all the unwanted bits of the animal compressed into a block, sliced and fried, right?

It's grits that confuse me  :headscratch:

Who says that they are unwanted?    :devil

Think porridge or polenta made from ground corn  :aok

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2011, 07:26:56 AM »
I meant unwanted for things that can be classified as mainstream products such as steaks, breasts, wings etc. It's a wonder you still have material for scrapple with the prevalence of fast food outlets. Is it even possible to go one level below mechanically recovered meat?  :old:

Thanks for the Hash Brown recipe Mr Coombz  :salute  Might try steak and eggs for breakfast on Saturday to have a break from the full English  :banana:
HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2011, 07:32:23 AM »
I meant unwanted for things that can be classified as mainstream products such as steaks, breasts, wings etc. It's a wonder you still have material for scrapple with the prevalence of fast food outlets. Is it even possible to go one level below mechanically recovered meat?  :old:

Thanks for the Hash Brown recipe Mr Coombz  :salute  Might try steak and eggs for breakfast on Saturday to have a break from the full English  :banana:

The best scrapple comes from a local butcher that still makes it from the pieces that are left and uses the bones to grind up and make the flour to stick it all together :)

Not a big fan of "brand name" scrapple but I will eat it if it is off-season for the local guys.  Otherwise I can get a 5 pound block for < $10 from a local butcher and it will be time for some serious breakfast eating  :rock

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2011, 07:35:36 AM »
My favoured breakfast treat is to go to the local shop after I deliver the kid to school and buy a newspaper and a breakfast roll. Sausages, rashers(bacon), black and white pudding. Altough mostly I skip the black pudding. Heart attack on white bread! Plenty of ketchup too.

I always had good breakfasts when I was working in dublin, never really got into the white pudding though ... yuk!
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2011, 08:24:57 AM »
The best scrapple comes from a local butcher that still makes it from the pieces that are left and uses the bones to grind up and make the flour to stick it all together :)

Not a big fan of "brand name" scrapple but I will eat it if it is off-season for the local guys.  Otherwise I can get a 5 pound block for < $10 from a local butcher and it will be time for some serious breakfast eating  :rock

Amen........ :aok
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline tmetal

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2011, 09:22:57 AM »

yup, shred the raw potato. mashing them together is optional. I mash them together if I plan on using them in a breakfast sandwhich, but for the breakfast I described in my first post I like them somewhat loose and long
The real problem is anyone should feel like they can come to this forum and make a wish without being treated in a derogatory manner.  The only discussion should be centered around whether it would work, or how it would work and so on always in a respectful manner.

-Skuzzy 5/18/17

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2011, 01:08:22 PM »
Thank you bud, I will give it a try!
HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0