Author Topic: It's Official  (Read 2421 times)

Offline pipz

• Platinum Member
Re: It's Official
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2011, 06:45:01 AM »
Oneway you hit that nail on the head.
Silence tells me secretly everything.

Montreal! Free the Pitt Bulls!!!!!

Offline Simon

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2011, 07:59:29 AM »
Jackyl I seem to remember you having the same problem with a lot of Fighter Ace players, too.

I'd suggest you take these games far less personally.

I used to get frustrated at other players' behaviour years ago, but since I've been playing AH, little fazes me, and I think I can boil it down to a couple of reasons:

1) I couldn't care less about my score/stats.
2) Nothing that happens in this game matters one lick in real life.
3) Every time someone annoys me, I picture him sitting at his desk with J/S in hand, headphones/ball cap on, and an angry look on their face. It makes me smile and reminds me that we're all just a bunch of middle aged nerds pretending to be fighter pilots.

Some people go through life angry all the time. Based on our conversations in years' past, I don't think you're one of them. But, I do believe you take these games much too personally, and much too seriously. Remember how big a stink you made when one of my squaddies shot you in your chute a few years ago? I long since came to realize that it's pointless and counter-productive to attempt to apply a standard of conduct to other players, and even more so when you start to draw your own inferences based on those differences.

I hope you also come to that realization soon. It's a lot more fun this way.

Offline RoGenT

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2011, 09:32:59 AM »
In any and all online games, just have to take the good with the bad, always.

Hope you come back to the virtual skies eventually  :salute
:salute Your fellow pony dweeb today!
Offical Knight Morale Officer
#1 Punk Knight on Vtards Hit List
Proud Pig!

Offline 999000

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2011, 09:50:09 AM »
Aces High..best part of my day everyday!..didn't know we had a problem.
999000 <S>

Offline BERN1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2011, 09:58:46 AM »
 you will always run into IDIOTS in game and real life...hell I act like an IDIOT every so often..dont let the idiots in your life bother you or you might turn into an one yourself.
example 2 planes engage eachother nose on they both fire and collide the guy that gets killed PM's or screams on 200 nice HO you skilless turd! they both HO'ed yet the one that died is the one that is MAD.
they spend the next hour,day,month bashin eachother everychance they get.they both look like fools but in their respective social circles they may be fine people. it's the nature of the game to act macho and tough....like someone said earlier we are just nerds trying to be fighterpilots or tank commanders and escape lifes real drama's everychance we get....ummm  gotta run my lil girl needs a feeding :salute

Offline Orbitson

• Copper Member
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2011, 10:32:04 AM »
what's 200?  :headscratch:
Syd*****Flying with The Floyd
By the way which one is Pink?

Offline TeeArr

• Copper Member
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2011, 11:13:19 AM »
Whether you agree with DrJacky or not, one simple fact remains:  the attitude and comments of some players is  causing many old timers to leave. It doesn't matter if the people leaving are right, or wrong; the game is diminished without them. 
The point is, how long can the loss of good players, the teachers, the Squadron leaders, the "old heads" continue before the game ceases to exist?
Some post their dissatisfaction with the gameplay in here before they leave.  Many do not. I for one have seen a lot of players quit for the reasons Jacky mentioned.  It's really rather sad. 

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2011, 11:32:52 AM »
Whether you agree with DrJacky or not, one simple fact remains:  the attitude and comments of some players is  causing many old timers to leave. It doesn't matter if the people leaving are right, or wrong; the game is diminished without them. 
The point is, how long can the loss of good players, the teachers, the Squadron leaders, the "old heads" continue before the game ceases to exist?
Some post their dissatisfaction with the gameplay in here before they leave.  Many do not. I for one have seen a lot of players quit for the reasons Jacky mentioned.  It's really rather sad. 

Agreed!!!

I was talking with another player about a fight we had. It was a fun 1 vs 1 until a pony jumped in and finally picked me, then he saluted me  :rolleyes: The first guy apologized about not calling off the pony. Normally he would have, but is to the point that he just doesn't give a rats arnold any more. The same goes for me. I will dodge the first half dozen HOs but after that I just say screw it, whats the point. If you can't beat them, join them. The problem is we are ALL joining the cesspool. Soon we will have only those who will stoop to joining the cesspool and the rest will leave.

That sounds like a great marketing tool.... "Come join the cesspool that was once Aces High!"

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2011, 11:39:42 AM »
We have to ability to mute........  :salute
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 02:09:55 PM by uptown »
Lighten up Francis

Offline 2ADoc

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2011, 12:13:53 PM »
I saw a conversation on 200 night before last that infuriated me to no end, two guys were having a discussion,a rather heated one at that.  One of them said " I am 17 years old and have a 44 mag and will drop you where you are." why and where does this matter in the world of AH?  People are taking this game WAY to serious.  I enjoy watching 200 the smack talkin is great, but when it gets to that point it is a little stupid.  I doubt that there are many people in here who have the funds to be able to take an argument here to real life, so why say stupid things like that?  It just makes the older guys laugh at you.  I got angry for the simple fact that comments like I quoted said anywhere, at any time, in any reference, are negative to the gun community.  Also what happens when a new guy comes into the MA for the first time, and sees that kind of thing? What if a younger individual, has gotten his parents to pay for the game, and one of them is watching over their shoulder, and see something like that said.  Threats of that level, are bad for everything,  they are stupid, and can be taken way out of context.  We should all watch what is said on 200 since it is tuned auto.  If you have a beef with someone, take it to a PM or another channel. 
Takeoffs are optional, landings aren't
Vini Vedi Velcro
See Rule 4, 13, 14.

Offline infowars

• Nickel Member
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2011, 01:06:04 PM »
I think people are leaving cause they can't afford it, or wife ack.  But that may reflect negatively on their cool social status here on AH boards so they blame it on others... 

Freaking cry babies do nothing...  Want stuff to change lead by example. 

Stop whining

SWneo <==== In game name. Cpt 125th Spartan Warriors.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2011, 01:15:38 PM »
I can drop that .44 magnum weasel with a slingshot.

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2011, 01:20:38 PM »
We have the ability to mute and report .......... 

« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 02:09:43 PM by uptown »
Lighten up Francis

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2011, 01:34:18 PM »
you know the real problem in this cartoon game is people letting other people dictate how they should play this game.people kill the the planes orthe  gv's I've already shot up and they get the kill,I don't care there r more targets to shoot at.<-----example....to me--there is no real reason to quit this game---except for rl problems or no paycheck or no internet
Just my thoughts only.
E
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2011, 01:37:41 PM »
it would be nice if they just took away 200 period, sure you can not tune it in but just take the damn thing out of the game, i flew 1hr 20 mins last month... this month i havent flown, ive already changed my billing as to not renew on the next billing, just done with it.
Yes, take it away from everyone because you don't like it.