Author Topic: Meeting real, live ah players  (Read 4214 times)

Offline dhyran

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~
Re: Meeting real, live ah players
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2011, 02:47:56 AM »
there is nothing better than meeting ppl in RL

well, i hope i don't forget anyone, i met over the years :

KC gathoo schu gunner flubby save klingan baubai orelle livius PJK frebur julle ninja unguis Ragge [RIP my Friend!]
Tomkin Tettie -koko- Kazan Boozeman Bigbit brucem Kossu Netfly jagd Jayveel Missed Stache rum
Klaas Bijl Flower rote7 rote3 rote 1 Postme fd-ski Eretrc Big--E Nightsleper Nave Speijk Zepher Stevie Sweepy Lapwin lemsko
Wizkid wastel -e-b-o- ofritz =olli= Wipass Uedel Apex -were- Ceesie Asmodan bikekil Zonix

61 Sim Pilots overall, some of them i met since 10 years at the eurocon (4 Days online Flight sim Event), some i at home, museum etc
All times great fun, long discussion about planes events etc

Its great to meet ppl squadmates and friends having the same WW2 Aircraft intrest

:salute

dhyran  - retired  CO  ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~        www.loose-deuce.net/

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2011, 03:10:29 AM »
Well, let's see... I have met way over 30 of Finnish AH players, 2 Brits, 2 Germans and 2 Danes so far during these 10+ years.

Correction: After making a list with help of ancient squad topics and con pictures, the number of current and retired Finnish AH pilots I've met is at least 45. On Dhyran's list there are some familiar names, too, whom I don't count as AH players, as they only play it at cons.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 03:15:21 AM by Bizman »
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline dhyran

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2011, 03:34:32 AM »
Correction: After making a list with help of ancient squad topics and con pictures, the number of current and retired Finnish AH pilots I've met is at least 45. On Dhyran's list there are some familiar names, too, whom I don't count as AH players, as they only play it at cons.

yeah most came over from WB, some stoppped playing so far... its a shame! ;)

dhyran  - retired  CO  ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~        www.loose-deuce.net/

Offline super61

• Zinc Member

Offline ap1102

• Copper Member
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2011, 07:13:26 AM »
Climbers probably got all you folks beat. His job takes him all over the country. Hes met about 6 of the old  77th FS Gamblers. Hes a hoot.  As funny in person as he is in the game.

Rhino

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2011, 08:24:28 AM »
Once I drank beer with Skuzzy. We made fun of you all   :devil

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2011, 08:55:11 AM »
Heeler and I were supposed to get together a while back on his next trip into Texas but then his route changed and we couldn't do it.  I would have liked to meet him.  

Drunky and Rattfink got me into the game so I know them, other than that, the only one I've met for real is Grizz.  Here is his picture:  

AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2011, 09:03:52 AM »
small portion of my squad is in Florida, I met Maxy at the sun n fun airshow this year, pretty soon myself, Hooter and SE8 are going to meet up sometime this month.

JG 52

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2011, 10:39:20 AM »
Heeler and I were supposed to get together a while back on his next trip into Texas but then his route changed and we couldn't do it.  I would have liked to meet him.  

Drunky and Rattfink got me into the game so I know them, other than that, the only one I've met for real is Grizz.  Here is his picture:  

(Image removed from quote.)

To be fair, that was me 4 years ago.

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2011, 10:50:28 AM »
I went to Australia and UK to meet AH players  :aok  :salute too many to cite here :P
now posting as SirNuke

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2011, 11:04:34 AM »
:o

hopefully soon I will meet another from AH, he is driving up to where I live to visit family, I may end up tattooing him and his wife, not gonna say who it is but I am HONORED that some would like me to Tattoo them.

:noid
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2011, 11:52:43 AM »

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2011, 12:00:05 PM »
I've been fortunate enough to meet a lot of the Fin's, a few members of the Few, a couple of US members (Rox, Babalonian and Curnutte) and to a man they've all been fun to be around. Going to Finland in the spring was the highlight of my year for 2 years in a row, and I'm hoping to be able to go this spring (missed last year unfortunately). I'd love to meet more, so far, not come across anyone who wasn't worth meeting.

Ink, were I able, I'd be up for more ink - maybe in the future fella.

Wurz
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2011, 12:22:06 PM »
I've been fortunate enough to meet a lot of the Fin's, a few members of the Few, a couple of US members (Rox, Babalonian and Curnutte) and to a man they've all been fun to be around. Going to Finland in the spring was the highlight of my year for 2 years in a row, and I'm hoping to be able to go this spring (missed last year unfortunately). I'd love to meet more, so far, not come across anyone who wasn't worth meeting.

Ink, were I able, I'd be up for more ink - maybe in the future fella.

Wurz

I would be truly Honored...few people in this game do I truly consider a friend...you are certainly on that list :salute

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2011, 01:07:38 PM »
I had the good fortune of being able to meet Heeler in person.  We met, had several cups of coffee, and had a real great visit.  Most of it was not AH related, just life issues and stuff. (we have the gray hair syndrome)  :lol

Anyway it was fun and he was the first one I had met live.  It was  kinda funny... you know how you might picture someone by how they sound and act in the game.  I was not far off, it was really cool.  Looking forward to it again, as he lives in the city where my daughter and her husband live.

I met xxxJCxxx....then hired him.

Now I'm stuck with his ass
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba