Author Topic: Meeting real, live ah players  (Read 4370 times)

Offline Molsman

• Aces High CM Retired
  • Platinum Member
Re: Meeting real, live ah players
« Reply #60 on: December 07, 2011, 12:59:47 AM »
Man

I forgot about all the past and present players of AH I met back in 2000 out in Indy before we all migrated over from Air Warrior. Mage, Kelton, Steel, Spiffy, 1ijac, Rhian and the list goes on.

Ink maybe I will hide in Von's Jeep and come up
Molsman, Crazy8s , Crazyman
JG11, DerWanderZirkus, -The Flying Clowns-
               Wait n Bleed

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: December 07, 2011, 01:37:50 AM »
oh i forgot to mentioned the weirdest thing that ever happened to me.  i lived in nc when i started playing aw, i joined the 327th steel talons squad.  the squad who actually started koth as a weekly squad duel then some other guys asked to join then it became a really popular weekly event in aw.

anyway i moved back to ca and i was working in the simi valley or somewhere around there as a closet door installer for home depot and lowe's.  this time back in the early 2000's I went to this house to install a door and once finished on my way out i noticed by the door a hat with the 327th logo on it.  I got lost just looking at it that the lady had to touch my shoulder to get my attention.  for some reason I didnt say anything and to this day i regret as I wouldda met one of the 327th guys that I still love.

I still cry when I think about it as we spent some good times playing the game in aw.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #62 on: December 07, 2011, 01:51:00 AM »
oh i forgot to mentioned the weirdest thing that ever happened to me.  i lived in nc when i started playing aw, i joined the 327th steel talons squad.  the squad who actually started koth as a weekly squad duel then some other guys asked to join then it became a really popular weekly event in aw.

anyway i moved back to ca and i was working in the simi valley or somewhere around there as a closet door installer for home depot and lowe's.  this time back in the early 2000's I went to this house to install a door and once finished on my way out i noticed by the door a hat with the 327th logo on it.  I got lost just looking at it that the lady had to touch my shoulder to get my attention.  for some reason I didnt say anything and to this day i regret as I wouldda met one of the 327th guys that I still love.

I still cry when I think about it as we spent some good times playing the game in aw.

semp

can this be made into a book or short film? 

I've met quite a few players;

Airbull,amsoil, klingan, yarbles, tilt, thrila,  sf3, gwurzel, coombzy, loxy,  trikky, dantoo, frankhoo, malan, fess, tallboy, Mainly at Duxford which is a great place to pay homage to many of our WW2 warbirds.     All the Finns at 2010 Spring meeting. 

last but not least rodders / Johnny mason  R.I.P.  :salute
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline dhyran

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~
« Reply #63 on: December 07, 2011, 02:07:01 AM »
Jeeeeeze, I must have alzheimers coming on or something, also met Brooke and his lovely wife, Traci (sorry Brooke  :()

Dhyran, I'd love to attend the eurocon at some stage, finances permitting - nothing like meeting people you play with and against online.

Ink, feeling is mutual my friend.

:salute

Wurz

ok a little more pics

just arrived and open up the welcome beers...... jeeezzzz my liver

from left to right:

gunner save klingan flubby dhyran gathoo schu jagd stache

next picture:

too much names to tell  ;) :lol

con room 2012 will be the same:

late night talk at the bar:

too many good storries to tell, this is whats cons are all about, a friendly atmosphere and lots off good laughs  :cheers:
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 02:10:47 AM by dhyran »

dhyran  - retired  CO  ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~        www.loose-deuce.net/

Offline klingan

• Gold Member
« Reply #64 on: December 07, 2011, 04:31:13 AM »
Yay beer!
 :cheers: :cheers:

The Few GFC

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: December 07, 2011, 07:37:52 AM »
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Online Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #66 on: December 07, 2011, 07:47:20 AM »
i guess no one lives down here in Beaumont :cry

Nobaddy (NB) hails from Beaumont. He was instrumental in organising a few of the Grapevine AH Cons, designed Trinty and goes back a LONG way with Hitech to the DOS days of Air Warrior. Haven't seen him lately...maybe WoW snatched him up  :rolleyes:

Offline xbrit

• Silver Member
« Reply #67 on: December 07, 2011, 08:29:52 AM »
I must be going senile, I almost forgot all of the Guys at the Indy AH Con in  2003. Some I can still remember are Alaskn, 1ijac, Wax, Karaya,Hap,PTBop, Flo, Jordi, loser, Alpo, Box, Curval and of course Hitech. there were many more just need to find that pack of cards to list them all.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 07, 2011, 09:00:21 AM »
So what you all are trying to tell me... the ID's I shoot down in the MA are real people and not just AI?  :huh
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline dhyran

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~
« Reply #69 on: December 07, 2011, 09:06:56 AM »
So what you all are trying to tell me... the ID's I shoot down in the MA are real people and not just AI?  :huh

yeah come out little snail, join the talks, taste some good friendship and you might find out even a snail don't needs an armour all time. You can explain all past 5 years pie charts after the 10th beer too
choose life, come out little snail
 :)  :joystick: :airplane: :cheers:

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 07, 2011, 09:13:36 AM »
yeah come out little snail, join the talks, taste some good friendship and you might find out even a snail don't needs an armour all time. You can explain all past 5 years pie charts after the 10th beer too
choose life, come out little snail
 :)  :joystick: :airplane: :cheers:

10 beers would probably kill me  :lol

Offline dhyran

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~
« Reply #71 on: December 07, 2011, 09:19:54 AM »

10 beers would probably kill me  :lol

ok, start with 2 than, but just do it, for example the EC is about 100-150 km away from you....

come on snail, don't be such a pie chart, stop hanging around at your desk only  :cheers:

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 07, 2011, 09:24:17 AM »
ok, start with 2 than

Would probably do the same to me  ... I don't drink any. In fact no alcohol at all. I avoid all places where I might run into a greater number of drunk people, so that's why cons are mostly a bad idea for me  :D

Offline dhyran

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~
« Reply #73 on: December 07, 2011, 09:34:39 AM »
Would probably do the same to me  ... I don't drink any. In fact no alcohol at all. I avoid all places where I might run into a greater number of drunk people, so that's why cons are mostly a bad idea for me  :D

well, don't hesitate, we trained keeping a constant level over the years you problaly you even didn't recognise anything. The dutch has coffee, coke and water all the way, even milk for white chart modules can be served, man don't be such a lush, join now!  :D  :aok
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 09:43:19 AM by dhyran »

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 07, 2011, 09:47:29 AM »
well, don't hesitate, we trained keeping a constant level over the years you problaly you even didn't recognise anything. The dutch has coffee, coke and water all the way, even milk for white chart modules can be served, man don't be such a lush, join now!  :D  :aok

:D

But obviously I failed at getting my point across. ;) It's not because I might think there's nothing there for me to drink...  :noid

I can't stand drunk people around me. Totally.  :furious  I'm very serious on that matter.  :old: