Author Topic: Mini-joystick  (Read 1400 times)

Offline STEELE

• Nickel Member
Re: Mini-joystick
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2011, 02:38:33 AM »
Thx Fugi, I'm havin the lady get me an Aviator for xmas   :salute
The Kanonenvogel had 6 rounds per pod, this is not even close to being open for debate.

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2011, 07:04:35 AM »
mouse

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2011, 09:16:06 AM »
Thx Fugi, I'm havin the lady get me an Aviator for xmas   :salute

Good luck, I hope you have as much fun with yours as I did mine!

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2011, 04:08:21 PM »
Hahahah.. very good question, Perv... answer is that I dont like to check my bag, so I'm restricted to size.  Saves me a ton of time at both ends and my trips are typically only 1 or 2 nights.

I definitely considered the Warthog with the removalble stick and wow factor.  Problem is no twisty rudder.  The Saitek sounds like a pretty good option.. I'm gonna try flying mouse with CH throttle first, though...

Thanks for all the feedback!!

If weight is an issue the the warthog may not be the best choice,thing weighs 20 plus pounds!

Any of the less expensive saitek sticks would do,the x52 would be nice but with 2 pieces it might be abit bulky.The Aviator or ST290 should work for you and you can always wrap your socks and clean undies around the handle to save room. :joystick:

:salute

Offline TWC_Jaxx

• Zinc Member
      • The Wrecking Crew
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2012, 03:26:24 PM »
I found a Cyborg FLY stick for cheap at Best Buy.  The stick handle comes off and the base folds up, so it's definitely compact.  Only problem is that the hat button isnt working so I have to exchange it.  Otherwise, I think it could work.  Gotta get used to the jerky feel of that stick compared to the CH, though. 

TWC_Jaxx
Training Officer
The Wrecking Crew- www.twcclan.com

Never leave your wingman... trust in him always.... never die alone.

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2012, 05:15:04 PM »
Jaxx,

you might want to setup 1 of the modes,say mode 3 or 4 and setup a program for that stick only. This will allow you to adjust the deadpan and dampening as well as the sliders and not disrupt your settings for the CH stick.

You might be able to smooth out some of the jerkiness with some experimentation. Remember though,you'll have to switch modes manually or the game will select mode 1 by default.  Goto controls,mapkeys and map a button to switch modes then uncheck automode select on the clipboard.

Hope this helps.

Offline TWC_Jaxx

• Zinc Member
      • The Wrecking Crew
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2012, 01:38:18 PM »
Thanks Morfiend.  Since I'm using the Cyborg only on my lap top and my CH on my home computer, it works out nicely to set up normal profiles. 

Had my first "road" session last week and while it's not as comfy as my home setup it worked just fine. 
TWC_Jaxx
Training Officer
The Wrecking Crew- www.twcclan.com

Never leave your wingman... trust in him always.... never die alone.

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2012, 03:04:47 PM »
 Great to hear! :aok