Author Topic: Storch profiles.  (Read 5316 times)

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
Storch profiles.
« on: December 09, 2011, 04:26:10 PM »
Few profiles & photo's I found on line.

I have a lot of other photos with descriptions but no profiles to go with the photos.

Offline cactuskooler

• Skinner Team
  • Gold Member
Re: Storch profiles.
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 06:47:23 PM »
I'm doing a squiggle camo desert bird right now and will probably do a winter paint scheme later.  I finished the Finnish bird too.
cactus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Noseart

Offline 68falcon

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
      • 68th Lightning Lancers
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2011, 07:01:13 PM »
The Germany winter terrain will be submitted soon. A winter skin for the storch would be awesome as the default skin. If you are interested I will add it to the terrain
Commanding Officer
68th Lightning Lancers
Fear the Reaper no more. Fear the Lancers

Offline Seanaldinho

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2011, 08:47:19 PM »
I'm doing a squiggle camo desert bird right now and will probably do a winter paint scheme later.  I finished the Finnish bird too.

Just out of curiosity how long does it take you to finish a skin from beginning to end?

Offline cactuskooler

• Skinner Team
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2011, 09:24:03 PM »
The Germany winter terrain will be submitted soon. A winter skin for the storch would be awesome as the default skin. If you are interested I will add it to the terrain

About how soon would you need it by?  It might take me a week, maybe sooner.

Just out of curiosity how long does it take you to finish a skin from beginning to end?

It varies drastically depending on what I'm skinning.  Making a default skin from scratch might take me a month and a half or more.  You have nothing to start from like you would a normal custom skin.  Somebody has to be the first to skin the wheel wells. :)  That's what worries whenever someone wishes for some obscure plane, "Great, now I have to find photos of the rivets for some plane nobody's ever heard of, much less taken photos of!"

A normal skin from scratch might take me a month or so.  It's a lot faster to make a skin for a plane that you already have skinned in the past; it usually takes me a matter of hours to a week.  You can reuse the panel lines and rivets and other details, leaving you to only have to change the paint, nose art, markings and so on. 

And all of that is different depending on the skinner.  Greebo seems to be able to get things done a lot faster than I.
cactus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Noseart

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2011, 09:52:21 PM »
Winter you want Winter you can choose from. :aok

The above photo's are of the same profile I posted before.

My personal choice. :aok

« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 10:46:03 PM by lyric1 »

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2011, 10:14:39 PM »

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2011, 10:52:20 PM »
Has anyone seen how the smoke bombs are mounted? 
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2011, 11:05:42 PM »
Has anyone seen how the smoke bombs are mounted? 
Most likely like these bombs?   

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2011, 05:54:32 AM »
Wow hungarian and romanian Storch skins...
 :aok
AoM
City of ice

Offline STXAce8

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2011, 08:37:21 AM »
Think the will have bombs on what we get?
ZLA- Don't Focke Wulf Us!
Ingame: Batz
Kommando Nowotny
Its over the top as Fack

Offline Seanaldinho

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2011, 11:06:30 AM »
It varies drastically depending on what I'm skinning.  Making a default skin from scratch might take me a month and a half or more.  You have nothing to start from like you would a normal custom skin.  Somebody has to be the first to skin the wheel wells. :)  That's what worries whenever someone wishes for some obscure plane, "Great, now I have to find photos of the rivets for some plane nobody's ever heard of, much less taken photos of!"

A normal skin from scratch might take me a month or so.  It's a lot faster to make a skin for a plane that you already have skinned in the past; it usually takes me a matter of hours to a week.  You can reuse the panel lines and rivets and other details, leaving you to only have to change the paint, nose art, markings and so on. 

And all of that is different depending on the skinner.  Greebo seems to be able to get things done a lot faster than I.

Thanks Cactus! Thats about what I figured it would take you. I thought of trying once but never had the time to really sit down and do it. Maybe over christmas break I'll have a chance.  :aok

Winter you want Winter you can choose from. :aok

(Image removed from quote.)

Gotta say I'm a fan of the second one.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2011, 01:36:08 PM »
Wow hungarian and romanian Storch skins...
 :aok
Yes. :aok

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2011, 02:31:25 PM »
Think the will have bombs on what we get?

For sure the smoke bombs/grenades, I'm not finding exactly how they were mounted or exactly which model of smoke bombs/grenades they deployed. 

I'd be willing to bet though, that we will NOT be getting any ordnance with the AH version.  Since HTC is venturing out in to a new realm, they may just want to keep a narrow focus on the new settings and from there, if need be venture out. 
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline Seanaldinho

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2011, 03:16:37 PM »
Now i'm wondering are they smoke bombs or more like rockets :headscratch:

Grenades makes me think it will be more like a bomb but heck they could just mean grenades like stick your hand out the window and drop a purple one. :lol