Author Topic: Track ir  (Read 1884 times)

Offline clerick

• Silver Member
Re: Track ir
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2011, 08:36:12 AM »
Clerick, is like to give your setup a shot. I have a collection building.  :D

only if you write "please" on a $20 bill :D

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2011, 06:53:05 PM »

:D

Offline Daubie

• Copper Member
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2011, 08:18:40 AM »
Is it worth the extra $50 to get the Trackir 5 vs. the 4? What are the major differences one would notice between the two, mainly as far as in game goes.

I have it.  It is interesting.  I cannot set it to look behind me like using my 8 position HAT on my CH gear trio in Aces High.

It made me a bit nauseous, some guys get headaches.  But remember, too, these issues tend to plague us older folks.  I still get mixed up and have memory issues where I mapped stuff to my stick and throttle.  Those second or two lapses compared to the younger guys quick reflexes means opportunity to die or missed opportunity getting my enemy.

I originally got it for the 64-bit Digital Combat Sim, Warthog and at 64-bit, as good as my system is, it is not fast enough for that simulator.  No worries, going to build a faster rig for that simulator series, based on the GTX 580 video card and this time, in 3D, with a not overclocked 4.0 CPU.  $$$$ feeds my addiction.

In Aces High it is golden.  Get Track-IR with the 3 LED plastic head-set clip called TrackClipPro.  That thing is delicate, careful not breaking it. Get it with all the bells and whistles.  It has presets in the Advanced Settings for Aces High II.

I still need to practice with it a lot as I have used the multi-view number pad, then later the HAT stick setup since 2007.

Guys tell me that use Track-IR, it is invaluable to the game, especially cons that overshoot or try to evade.

I use my FighterStick's buttons 4, 5, 6, and 7 currently for re-centering and precision mode for Track-IR.  That may change as my CH Throttle's 8 way HAT views are no longer needed if I stick with TrackIR. 

I just bought it last summer and got the latest version.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2011, 10:23:01 AM »

I use my FighterStick's buttons 4, 5, 6, and 7 currently for re-centering and precision mode for Track-IR.  That may change as my CH Throttle's 8 way HAT views are no longer needed if I stick with TrackIR. 

I still have my views mapped to the 8-way on my throttle. They come in handy with GV's and manned guns, where TIR works but is hard to stay perfectly centered in the sights (especially the main gun on tanks). It's great for driving around in GV's, just not so much for shooting in them. Also, the hat views will override the TIR while being pressed...experiment a little with that.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline clerick

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2011, 11:51:26 AM »
I still have my views mapped to the 8-way on my throttle. They come in handy with GV's and manned guns, where TIR works but is hard to stay perfectly centered in the sights (especially the main gun on tanks). It's great for driving around in GV's, just not so much for shooting in them. Also, the hat views will override the TIR while being pressed...experiment a little with that.

if you experiment with the settings, or use one of the many profiles that the AHII commnity has to offer you can eliminate that floating around center.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2011, 12:39:31 PM »
if you experiment with the settings, or use one of the many profiles that the AHII commnity has to offer you can eliminate that floating around center.

I've got some dead space (well almost dead space) in the center of my profile to steady my head when looking straight ahead. I also sometimes use my "look forward" hat switch to override TIR if I really want to steady my head. Then there's always the TIR Pause key and the re-center key.  Yep, I'm fully aware of and use all the settings for TIR.  :aok
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline sizzle22

• Copper Member
« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2011, 06:56:35 PM »
Thank you all for the replies and incite.....  :cheers:

Offline Nr_RaVeN

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2011, 07:51:56 PM »
Tir 5 .
 :) :aok
Life is short. PLAY HARD...

"Have patience. All things are difficult before they become easy."
Saadi

Offline Daubie

• Copper Member
« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2011, 07:39:06 PM »

I agree with you, I will still keep my Pro Throttle's 8-way HAT for views.  

The "Pause" function in TrackIR is mapped to my Fighterstick's #4 button that can stop the TIR from working, overriding it, and enabling the HAT views to function and thus, also have my look over my tail instantly available.

The Fighterstick #5 button I use for the TIR "Center" function and the #7 button for the "Precision" function. 

However you map it is up to you guys, the idea is just a suggestion if interested.

It is really great.  Now I can see the guys from all over everywhere and still get killed!  LOL!

Thanks.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 07:45:45 PM by Daubie »

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2011, 09:23:49 PM »

I'm still waiting on that profile!   :D

Offline clerick

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2011, 01:25:07 AM »
I'm still waiting on that profile!   :D

check your email spam filter. I zipped it off the moment I had the address.