Author Topic: Need some tips on...  (Read 854 times)

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
Need some tips on...
« on: May 02, 2000, 06:26:00 AM »
Surely you'll have heard me on #1 channel asking if a Fw190A8 would rip wings in a 400 mph dive pulling out 4G. Well I just saw a film on this thing happening yesterday to me...and seems that for a FRACTION of time the Acceleration gauge went OUT OF THE SCALES!!!...
That I didnt notice in the moment, so I present my apologizes about my rants (not too hot, anyway   )

But now what the hell can do that?...I pull out 4G and suddenly it goes up to a lot of Gs and come back to 4G?...what is that a Stick spiking? wow must be GREAT spike that!

This never happened to me before on Fw190...
How do I avoid joystick spiking? thanks.

------------------
Ram, out

Fw190D9? Ta152H1? The truth is out there
JG2 "Richthofen"

[This message has been edited by RAM (edited 05-02-2000).]

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Need some tips on...
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2000, 08:23:00 AM »
Ram,
Not sure what JS you have (I hope to GOD  you're not still using that flight yoke!) but spiking can be "Deadened" on the pitch of the JS scaling within the game.  If that fails, then try spraying alittle electrical contact spray (or WD40, some claims it works as well) inside the potentiameters themselves.  If  that fails, contact  the JS manufacturer and ask  them for new pots.

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Need some tips on...
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2000, 12:21:00 PM »
 Happens to me once and a while also. But only in the 190

Sorrow[S=A]

Need some tips on...
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2000, 06:26:00 PM »
La-5FN as well. I call them "defective planes". Recordings never lie though, in high speed dives they suddenly spike upwards for an instant and boom goes a wingtip (which means over 9G in the La5FN..  pretty impressive if I do say so). Rarely happens to me though, I think it may be common but I never notice it unless it blows a wingtip at hi speed. Don't write it off as a stick spike tho- it used to lockup my joystick and randomly fire buttons when I used my TNT. Problem is very very rare on my V2 set.

Offline Wardog

• Copper Member
Need some tips on...
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2000, 08:49:00 PM »
Ive been flying online sims a long time now, just a little over 10 years in AW-DOS, WBs & AH. Ive never had any Stick Spiking at all in all these years.

10 years ago it was Sound Blaster  8bit & CH Flight Stick Pro. Ive gone through 3 Flight Stick Pros in 6 years. then Sound Blaster Pro, allways using the analog Jstick port.

Now ive had an AW64 using the game port on it with a CH F16 Combat Stick. Nothing fancy.Key board for trim & rudder.

No spiking in all these years,keep it simple. Love the analog port. Ive tryed my brothers digital outfit. Its not for me.

Watch your 6..

[This message has been edited by Wardog (edited 05-02-2000).]