Author Topic: Thrustmaster Warthog  (Read 696 times)

Offline TWC_Jaxx

• Zinc Member
      • The Wrecking Crew
Thrustmaster Warthog
« on: December 12, 2011, 07:47:29 AM »
Anyone using the Warthog in AH?  Just wondering if the A-10 specific setup on the throttle works well with AH.  Still not sure i wanna drop 5 bones on it, but it's been a good year. 
TWC_Jaxx
Training Officer
The Wrecking Crew- www.twcclan.com

Never leave your wingman... trust in him always.... never die alone.

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
Re: Thrustmaster Warthog
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 11:48:03 AM »
I use one. It is a very nice stick, though there are some issues with it. I had to return mine to the manufacturer after all the buttons on the stick quite responding. The problem is that either the stick, or the throttle buttons quite responding the axis work fine. Fortunately Guillemot has a service center in Canada so I didn't have to send the stick all the way back to France. Still it cost me about $40 iirc to send just the stick back.
You might check out this sight; http://www.warthogworld.com/  some of the issue with Warthogs are discussed there.

I don't have A-10 so I can't say if that setup works in AH. I would think not, unless all the functions use the same commands, which I doubt.
Also, you might want to shop around a bit. I've seen Warthogs for as low as $350. You just have to be patient
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2011, 12:30:08 PM »
I had one for over 8 years without issues, finally died over the summer. It was a fantastic stick with everything a pilot needs for Aces High. However instead of dropping 5 on it again, I am switching to a CH Fighterstick with pedals and throttle for well under 500.
JG 52

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2011, 12:45:09 PM »
I had one for over 8 years without issues, finally died over the summer. It was a fantastic stick with everything a pilot needs for Aces High. However instead of dropping 5 on it again, I am switching to a CH Fighterstick with pedals and throttle for well under 500.

The Warthog hasn't been out for 8 years  :O

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2011, 01:20:46 PM »
The Warthog hasn't been out for 8 years  :O

whoops made a mistake, been using a Cougar not a Warthog, Hotas Cougar is older joystick then Warthog is which came out in Oct 2009.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 01:28:17 PM by Butcher »
JG 52

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2011, 01:25:26 PM »
The Warthog is a nice stick for Aces High. I got one when it came out a year ago and I haven't had any issues. It's a big improvement over the stock Cougar.

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2011, 01:28:42 PM »
Hotas Warthog has been around since Falcon 4 - which debuted in 1999, if you wanted the cheaper version you went with a HOTAS Cougar.

You're mistaken this Warthog has only been out about a year.

I tried an internet search and that's the only Warthog I can find from Thrustmaster.
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2011, 01:31:17 PM »
You're mistaken this Warthog (Image removed from quote.) has only been out about a year.

I tried an internet search and that's the only Warthog I can find from Thrustmaster.

Both are Hotas joysticks which confused me, mistook one for the other.
JG 52

Offline steely07

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2011, 03:54:26 PM »
I have one, have had 0 issues and can't see myself flying with anything else in the near future.

Salute

Steely
Aces High, Wing Commander, Dickweed Heavy Bomber Group: www.dickweedhbg.com

FSO Films : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFs6CAXBQoVBctljybD65fA?view_as=subscriber

Offline TWC_Jaxx

• Zinc Member
      • The Wrecking Crew
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2011, 11:40:59 AM »
Thanks for all the response.  I really like what I've read about it but held off until I could make sure there were no issues with AH.  Sounds like it works great for most.

:banana:
TWC_Jaxx
Training Officer
The Wrecking Crew- www.twcclan.com

Never leave your wingman... trust in him always.... never die alone.

Offline Pand

• Silver Member
      • Pand's Fighter Wing
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2011, 12:44:04 PM »

Regards,

Pandemonium
"HORDE not HOARD. Unless someone has a dragon sitting on top of a bunch of La7s somewhere." -80hd