Author Topic: ability to up a supply vehicle/plane and construct Stations and outpost  (Read 564 times)

Offline Skyguns MKII

• Silver Member
The ability to take a M3/sdks/c47s/storch out and somehow be able to (perhaps with "outpost supplies") construct  stations/outpost/and forward emplacements. There will be somewhat of a fog of war for this, It wont come up on map when constructed but once an enemy aircraft has been lets say 1k away from it and has spotted it, it will come up as an enemy outpost on the enemy's clipboard map. A few ideas... and only ideas so don't flame

Radio outpost
friendly aircraft and vehicles will have longer F12 radio range when near this radio outpost

forward GV outpost
Like a rearm pad that works only for Gvs and takes a while to construct but will be well worth it. As well as The ability to repair a GV when parked there for a certain amount of time.

forward Artillery/AT encampment  
defencive only (cant make one right next to a enemy base or spawn). Can help save a base from a GV attack.

short range radar station
though extremely short ranged can prove useful when placed in the right area, perhaps be able to spot an NOE mission.

coastal lookout post.
Place alongside a beach and be able to see a enemy cv nearby..
could be great when built next to a shore bat.

Different builds can require a different number of supplies to make. You can see the progress every time you drop a supply. lets say a coastal lookout post takes 3 supplies to fully build. If you drop one you will see it 1/3rd complete. This will add a different type of strategic play and add a new dynamic to the game
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 07:23:34 PM by Skyguns MKII »

Offline B-17

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: ability to up a supply vehicle/plane and construct Stations and outpost
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 10:41:48 PM »
I would say at least 3 or 4 C-47s, depending on the base size. The GV outpost maybe only 1 or two, with a troop load as "engineers/workhorses/labourers" or something.

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2011, 10:59:31 PM »
Radio outpost
friendly aircraft and vehicles will have longer F12 radio range when near this radio outpost

By the nine, NO!!  :uhoh
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline 2ADoc

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2011, 11:32:37 PM »
No.
Takeoffs are optional, landings aren't
Vini Vedi Velcro
See Rule 4, 13, 14.

Offline B-17

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2011, 11:38:59 PM »
Well, if you're gonna shoot it down, at least give the reason... I can't see any flaws (other than the obvious abuse)
Albeit with some really pathetic knowledge of how stuff works online...

Offline Skyguns MKII

• Silver Member

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2011, 12:40:25 AM »
Folks sometimes knock an idea for lack of imagination.  Just saying.

I think that your idea has merit.  Perhaps a long way from current coad that we have, but I know nothing.  Only the designers have an idea of how easy it would be to implement.

I don't see any negative game play issues, or ways that the idea would be gamed to grief other gamers.

+1 for innovation
-1 for an idea that we are likely to see implemented anytime soon

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2011, 12:44:19 AM »
The ability to take a M3/sdks/c47s/storch out and somehow be able to (perhaps with "outpost supplies") construct  stations/outpost/and forward emplacements. There will be somewhat of a fog of war for this, It wont come up on map when constructed but once an enemy aircraft has been lets say 1k away from it and has spotted it, it will come up as an enemy outpost on the enemy's clipboard map. A few ideas... and only ideas so don't flame

Radio outpost

It's confusing, range text goes more than 6k and sometimes i answer to people that are not even close to me and attacking another base.  once i even told the goon to hold troops as town was still up.  well he got killed while the town he was at was down but the one next to me was up.

forward GV outpost
Like a rearm pad that works only for Gvs and takes a while to construct but will be well worth it. As well as The ability to repair a GV when parked there for a certain amount of time.

we already have supplies that come to where you are.

forward Artillery/AT encampment  
defencive only (cant make one right next to a enemy base or spawn). Can help save a base from a GV attack.

now this is would be cool to have.

short range radar station
though extremely short ranged can prove useful when placed in the right area, perhaps be able to spot an NOE mission.

that means spies would have to work double so they tell us where to place the dar so we can see their noe.  on second thought we just go to where the spies tell us noe is coming to :o.  ok j/k but we already have dar around bases.

coastal lookout post.
Place alongside a beach and be able to see a enemy cv nearby..
could be great when built next to a shore bat.

why not just look out the shore battery?  now i do agree that sbs should be modified so they actually cover the full coast and not just some of it.  perhaps add more sb to all the bases.

Different builds can require a different number of supplies to make. You can see the progress every time you drop a supply. lets say a coastal lookout post takes 3 supplies to fully build. If you drop one you will see it 1/3rd complete. This will add a different type of strategic play and add a new dynamic to the game

semp
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 12:46:22 AM by guncrasher »
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline MAINER

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2011, 05:33:07 AM »
+1
Are those our bombers?-famous last words

Member of the congregation of The church of David Wales

Offline Skyguns MKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2011, 02:51:26 PM »
if anybody has any idea, and none are stupid. Just look at mine, please add on...

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2011, 03:31:27 PM »
     I really don't want to listen to GV BSing longer than I have to.  So I'm afraid the radio outpost doesn't turn me on.
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline Skyguns MKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2011, 03:37:23 PM »
     I really don't want to listen to GV BSing longer than I have to.  So I'm afraid the radio outpost doesn't turn me on.

heres an idea what if radio outpost allowed you to hear what your enemy is saying on f12?

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2011, 05:37:11 PM »
heres an idea what if radio outpost allowed you to hear what your enemy is saying on f12?

-1000 or more  :mad:

Spying should never be encouraged!  We know that it actually occurred on both sides, but for an online game that is taboo, and would only lead to more hack attempts.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2011, 10:03:51 AM »
Some random mannable gun emplacements with guns similar to the ships guns would be really cool.

Someone could call for artillery barrage and a person could target an area 22km away.

Offline tmetal

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2011, 02:22:55 PM »
Since we are pulling ideas out of far left field here:

I would like to see in game the ability to "knock" on the door of one of the small houses scattered around the landscape, once you have successfully bailed out of a doomed plane.  Knocking on the door would set into motion a piece of coding that would give the downed pilot a 50/50 (actual percentages can be adjustable) of either successfully evading capture and being returned to the nearest friendly tower with a "ditch" end flight; or being turned in to the enemy by the farmer and they would find themselves back in the nearest friendly tower with the standard "captured" end flight.  To be clear, I am not asking for any lengthy "evasion" process (the only requirement would be the downed pilot would have to find one of the houses, then left click on the front door), just a small carrot on the end of a stick for those who choose to bailout instead of riding their broken plane into a crater.   I know there are going to be people who will say "why waste time running around looking for a farm house, when I can just end flight take the capture and up a new plane to get back into the action." to that I say "it is just an idea that probably won't ever see implementation" and "this game offers many ways to find action or fun, this could be a new way to do that"

BTW, If anybody here wants a good book about downed allied pilots evading capture during WWII, I highly recommend: Aircraft Down! Evading Capture in WWII Europe. by Philip D. Caine (yes reading this book is what got my mind working on the idea posted here)
The real problem is anyone should feel like they can come to this forum and make a wish without being treated in a derogatory manner.  The only discussion should be centered around whether it would work, or how it would work and so on always in a respectful manner.

-Skuzzy 5/18/17