Author Topic: Collision Model  (Read 22767 times)

Offline chaser

• Nickel Member
Collision Model
« on: December 14, 2011, 09:08:02 PM »
Now I'm confused. I thought it was what you saw on your end is what happened to you and that why only 1 person collide.

Tonight I dove on an IL2, set him on fire and pulled up about 100 yds off of him and went over the top inverted, looking down at him. Then I get collision message and insta towered while he doesn't get a collision message. He said I went through his plane on his end but I know for fact I missed on my end. So which way is it?

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: Collision Model
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 09:36:50 PM »
You lagged.

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2011, 10:50:12 PM »
You lagged.

...and you got shot.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline bravoa8

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2011, 10:54:03 PM »
...and then you insta towered.

Offline B-17

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2011, 11:28:01 PM »
...And now I laugh.

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2011, 11:33:52 PM »
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline infowars

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2011, 12:03:18 AM »
what a great thread...   :aok
SWneo <==== In game name. Cpt 125th Spartan Warriors.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2011, 02:16:28 AM »
The collision model is a pile of crap. Many times has what happens on my front end, had no bearing on the collision messege.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2B8BuQHMyPc  <- focus's on one particular collision supposedly now fixed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLuXoHeZtzc <- Contains a number of none-collision collisions
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2011, 02:26:24 AM »
The collision model is a pile of crap. Many times has what happens on my front end, had no bearing on the collision messege.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2B8BuQHMyPc  <- focus's on one particular collision supposedly now fixed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLuXoHeZtzc <- Contains a number of none-collision collisions

The first one was not an issue of the 'collision model' itself, just a bug of a ghost wing staying after the true one was destroyed. That's purely object related.

For the second movie... 'Somewhere in that 7 minute edited footage with no messages shown at all are bogus collisions'.  Yeah....
If you want to support your point, you may better post the original ahf, showing part which is actually relevant ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2011, 02:54:29 AM »
The first one was not an issue of the 'collision model' itself, just a bug of a ghost wing staying after the true one was destroyed. That's purely object related.

For the second movie... 'Somewhere in that 7 minute edited footage with no messages shown at all are bogus collisions'.  Yeah....
If you want to support your point, you may better post the original ahf, showing part which is actually relevant ;)
1st film - HiTech said it had nothing to do with a ghost wing, I sent that .ahf to HiTech as he had requested me to when I posted it the first time. Hitech's reason for it is in the other thread.

2nd film - I do not accept any none-collision collision to be called bogus;
My G14 losing it's wing to a vulcher, in which on my FE we didn't touch and even in the vid shows this..  My F4U, the very next shot, being collided with from the rear insta-towering me, which isn't the first time i might add..

The only thing relevent is your eyes having a good look.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2011, 03:18:05 AM »
Now I'm confused. I thought it was what you saw on your end is what happened to you and that why only 1 person collide.

Tonight I dove on an IL2, set him on fire and pulled up about 100 yds off of him and went over the top inverted, looking down at him. Then I get collision message and insta towered while he doesn't get a collision message. He said I went through his plane on his end but I know for fact I missed on my end. So which way is it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc69zr_5uH4
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2011, 04:09:45 AM »
  :D this flying gig ain't going well huh?  :joystick:
Lighten up Francis

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2011, 05:37:42 AM »
I can see his point of view but then again I cannot :old:

When I get shot down I usually up another plane, is there a limit on how many times I can up planes?

If so I am very unhappy about limiting of plane uppage  :old:

pies
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2011, 09:52:19 AM »

What message did you see exactly. You say collision message ... but which one?

From your description it sounds like you got a So and So collide with you, and then you were killed with bullets.

HiTech

Offline infowars

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2011, 10:38:17 AM »
I've think I'm into almost three years now and I must say,  the modeling is awesome.  Why would you complain about something there is nothing better than. 

Maybe just make suggestions,  why talk crap...?

With how often this game and our systems updates I'm surprised at how well they keep in running. 
SWneo <==== In game name. Cpt 125th Spartan Warriors.