Author Topic: Collision Model  (Read 22860 times)

Offline RELIC

• Nickel Member
      • http://DFA-Squad.org/
Re: Collision Model
« Reply #135 on: December 22, 2011, 10:31:51 PM »
Another collision model discussion?   Yaaaaayyyyyyy!   :bhead
DGSII Scenario-2012  352nd FG/487th FS
P-51D "Cold Gin"
Noseart

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #136 on: December 23, 2011, 02:02:56 AM »
dammit, I want both computers to agree on bullet hits before anyone gets a kill.

:neener: :neener: :neener: :neener:
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline R 105

• Silver Member
« Reply #137 on: December 23, 2011, 09:45:45 AM »
 In real life two planes collide at high speed both pilots go home in a box end of story. However this is a computer game and it is modeled the way it is for a reason. So don't worry be happy.

Offline BulletVI

• Silver Member
      • http://virtuallyinfamous.webs.com
« Reply #138 on: December 26, 2011, 06:05:41 PM »

OK TO THE ORIGINAL POSTER

A PIECE OF ADVICE BUD

STAY CLEAR OF OTHER AIRCRAFT AND YOU WONT COLLIDE

SIMPLE SOLUTION EH :)
You Don't See Me But You Hear Me Coming Then Darkness

HUH Computer's GIVE ME A SPANNER AND A WRENCH ANY DAY OF THE WEEK.  ( Mr Fix It ) :)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #139 on: December 27, 2011, 06:05:16 AM »
In real life two planes collide at high speed both pilots go home in a box end of story. However this is a computer game and it is modeled the way it is for a reason. So don't worry be happy.

In real life, the collisions are not happening, at two separate locations (each players computer), potentially thousands of miles apart.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline des506

• Nickel Member
      • The 354th FG
« Reply #140 on: December 27, 2011, 07:49:35 AM »
i'm not trying to insinuate anything or even gonna try to compare... but since we already had so much thought into this issue and all this trouble discussing this collision thing... i wonder what and how the game world of planes is going to be like when the players start flying... i would think collisions would be their main concern too... unless they totally eradicate the whole collision thing and are able to fly straight into each other without harm... anyone have any idea? i mean from skuzzy's and hitech's replies, they say it is close to impossible to be so precise when we merge in the air to totally prevent a collision... so i would really wanna know and would be glad to know that their players would be experiencing the same thing or even worse *hopefully they come over and we get new meat to slaughter* :devil

...just a thought...
DES 354th FG
The men dying out there have no choice... i have..i cannot order them into battle... i can perhaps lead them...Help them....Die with them
Manfred von Richthofen

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #141 on: December 27, 2011, 12:18:09 PM »
The Air Warrior approach to collisions was allowing aircraft to fly directly through one another, but could not shoot each other from the front of the aircraft.  For the damage model, there were "hit bubbles" scattered around the aircraft and from a head on their was simply no good gun solution on a hit bubble (or very marginal).  Most engagements involved aircraft flying directly through one another before engaging in acm.  Comparing AH and Aw3 models, the AH collision model is so superior to the Air Warrior non collision model, it is an insult to Hitech to even compare the two.  Having said that, I can see how the AW non collision model caters to newer players more than the AH model.  If you really have a serious issue with collisions, you are likely a bad pilot and need to spend some stick time in the dueling arena or training arena with an experienced pilot to iron out some of your bad habits.  It will make the game more enjoyable for ya.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #142 on: December 27, 2011, 12:19:58 PM »
Another collision model discussion?   Yaaaaayyyyyyy!   :bhead <---- collision model looks ok to me?  :aok
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #143 on: December 27, 2011, 12:36:25 PM »
Joeblack would cause collisions to players that hadn't even logged in yet if that was the system.  :uhoh

:rofl :rofl :rofl

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #144 on: December 27, 2011, 01:56:13 PM »
i'm not trying to insinuate anything or even gonna try to compare... but since we already had so much thought into this issue and all this trouble discussing this collision thing... i wonder what and how the game world of planes is going to be like when the players start flying... i would think collisions would be their main concern too... unless they totally eradicate the whole collision thing and are able to fly straight into each other without harm... anyone have any idea? i mean from skuzzy's and hitech's replies, they say it is close to impossible to be so precise when we merge in the air to totally prevent a collision... so i would really wanna know and would be glad to know that their players would be experiencing the same thing or even worse *hopefully they come over and we get new meat to slaughter* :devil

...just a thought...

From that response, it sounds like you still do not get it.

If you avoid intersecting with another object (i.e. collision), you never take damage.  If you do not avoid intersecting with another object (i.e. collision), you take damage.  It is up to you to avoid intersecting with other objects around you..  Sometimes you cannot do it, but if you do, your plane will never take damage.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline surfinn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #145 on: December 27, 2011, 02:26:00 PM »
Grizz even decent pilots get rammed it happens all the time. I have a good connection and quite often get rammed from behind and still lose the darn collision. I'm a big supporter of the you collide you both die just like real life. I think the argument that every one will turn into kamikazes just to save a base is bull. I'm sure there are those out there that will but they will be the minority.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 27, 2011, 02:33:18 PM »
Grizz even decent pilots get rammed it happens all the time. I have a good connection and quite often get rammed from behind and still lose the darn collision. I'm a big supporter of the you collide you both die just like real life. I think the argument that every one will turn into kamikazes just to save a base is bull. I'm sure there are those out there that will but they will be the minority.

Have you actually read the explanations in this thread? Because your statement says you have not...  :headscratch:
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 02:36:31 PM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline surfinn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #147 on: December 27, 2011, 02:38:48 PM »
Yep in this thread and many others before. What I'm suggesting can be done and has been done in the past. Its just my opinion I know that in this large community we have many disagree.  :salute my friend  I hope every one had a good holiday.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #148 on: December 27, 2011, 03:02:52 PM »

Have you actually read the explanations in this thread? Because your statement says you have not...  :headscratch:

lusche i agree with grizz.  I have been rammed from behind which i could not avoid and yet only i took damage.  understanding is not the same as not liking it.  I understand how the collision works, i hate the fact that most of the time I am the only one who dies in one.

I really wish both would take damage and would be the same as if I do my best to avoid an airplane and I can see on my screen that he has no gun solution on me and yet he killed me because his front end says he did.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #149 on: December 27, 2011, 03:07:58 PM »
So you would be ok with being sent to the tower if you didnt see your plane hit another plane?
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 03:09:33 PM by Scca »
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org