Author Topic: Collision Model  (Read 22787 times)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: Collision Model
« Reply #150 on: December 27, 2011, 03:12:08 PM »
So you would be ok with being sent to the tower if you didnt see your plane hit another plane?

I can be sent to the tower now by an airplane that I can see on my screen that has no gun solution on me.  what is the difference.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 27, 2011, 03:14:22 PM »
lusche i agree with grizz.  I have been rammed from behind which i could not avoid and yet only i took damage.  understanding is not the same as not liking it.  I understand how the collision works,

You see an enemy fighter coming at you, with the clear intention of ramming you. You desperately try to evade and the enemy passes you at 100 ft distance. You have avoided the collision.

What would you say if you would still  get  a "collision" message and end in tower?

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #152 on: December 27, 2011, 03:18:18 PM »
It amazes me people really want thier plane to be damaged when they manage to avoid a collision.  :huh

Yeah, that won't be a hot bulletin board topic.

You want to place control of collisions in the other players hands, and take it away from you.  Sure.  Yeah, I can see how well that would go.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline surfinn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #153 on: December 27, 2011, 03:18:27 PM »
So you would be ok with being sent to the tower if you didn't see your plane hit another plane?

Well ya I would be ok with that especially in the example I used a rear end collision with me missing my tail and he flys away :lol  you bet I'm ok with he dies to  :cheers:

Or just alter it slightly where any nose to tail contact both die i would be ok with that to
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 03:21:01 PM by surfinn »

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
« Reply #154 on: December 27, 2011, 03:20:07 PM »

You see an enemy fighter coming at you, with the clear intention of ramming you. You desperately try to evade and the enemy passes you at 100 ft distance. You have avoided the collision.

What would you say if you would still  get  a "collision" message and end in tower?

I would say something that would get me muted for a very long time :uhoh

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #155 on: December 27, 2011, 03:21:09 PM »
Well ya I would be ok with that especially in the example I used a rear end collision with me missing my tail and he flys away :lol  you bet I'm ok with he dies to  :cheers:

And so when you avoid running into the tail of a plane, you want your plane damaged because the other player could not avoid it?  That is what you are saying.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 27, 2011, 03:24:57 PM »
It amazes me people really want thier plane to be damaged when they manage to avoid a collision.  :huh

Yeah, that won't be a hot bulletin board topic.

You want to place control of collisions in the other players hands, and take it away from you.  Sure.  Yeah, I can see how well that would go.

The customer is always right. Cave in to the demands, and implement "both go down". Just for a weekend.

I will be sitting in tower, film rolling, eating cookies and laughing my butt off  :lol

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #157 on: December 27, 2011, 03:26:47 PM »

The customer is always right. Cave in to the demands, and implement "both go down". Just for a weekend.

I will be sitting in tower, film rolling, eating cookies and laughing my butt off  :lol

It would have to be over a weekend, as I would not want to have to deal with the phone calls, nasty emails, and bulletin board meltdowns.  Not enough cookies in the world for that one.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline surfinn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #158 on: December 27, 2011, 03:34:59 PM »
I think you would be surprised at the resilience of the AH community to adapt to their new style of game play. But your right about the complaints just look at nasty comments about the gv change a few months back :t

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #159 on: December 27, 2011, 04:44:11 PM »
Grizz even decent pilots get rammed it happens all the time. I have a good connection and quite often get rammed from behind and still lose the darn collision. I'm a big supporter of the you collide you both die just like real life. I think the argument that every one will turn into kamikazes just to save a base is bull. I'm sure there are those out there that will but they will be the minority.

I get collided from behind and from the sides sometimes as well but 99% of the time I know that I could have avoided it if I would have either a) Had better insight as to how the fight was developing or b) Wasn't greedy and went for a marginal gun solution.  Honestly there are few times where I get collided where I say "There was honestly nothing I could have done differently to have avoided that".  See my "past the point of no return" point I made a few pages back in collision avoidance. 

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #160 on: December 27, 2011, 04:45:37 PM »
And a side note, do you realize how many pet dogs and cats would be getting kicked in the ribs if players were losing wings to collisions they never even saw?  For that reason alone, it shall never be that way because I am an animal lover.

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #161 on: December 27, 2011, 04:50:12 PM »
I think you would be surprised at the resilience of the AH community to adapt to their new style of game play. But your right about the complaints just look at nasty comments about the gv change a few months back :t
I have a paycheck that says after you lose every perk ride you up to intentional rams (every one you avoided as far as you could see) you would beg for the old system back.  

I don't need a poll to know that ram deaths would quickly become the best defense for burning Zeke's. How is that for adaptation?

Any one who doesn't see this has they're head in a stinky warm dark place.
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
« Reply #162 on: December 27, 2011, 04:58:56 PM »
I think the problem is people STILL don't get it because they cant appreciate that the "other guy" sees something else on his end.  maybe we need to show that flowchart again...

Or maybe:  I'd make a chart but I dunno how to post pics :/  but something like this:

What you see    |  What He sees  |     Result
     Collision            |  Miss                |   You take damage
     Collision             |  Collision          |   You both take damage
     Miss                 |  Collision          |   He takes damage
     Miss                 |  Miss               |   Have a cookie, you're both fine

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #163 on: December 27, 2011, 08:41:30 PM »
When a light fighter can collide with a tank while strafing it and fly off undamaged, the modeling needs addressing.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 27, 2011, 08:58:19 PM »
Was the collision on the fighters FE or the tank ones?