Author Topic: first time  (Read 1033 times)

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
Re: first time
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2011, 12:25:22 PM »
You can't keep hanging on that Jager, it was pretty much my first turn and burn fight in a 205.
Gambling and experimenting in what the eye-tie kite could do, I learned a valuable lesson that the 205 doesn't stall fight at all well.
Considering my suckage you sure have set your sights low. But I'm not surprised your bile has seeped out of the Top Gun thread.

I find it interesting he continues to post although inactive and mainly a troll. Best thing to do is add to ignore list, it works well.
JG 52

Offline bacon8tr

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2011, 04:47:51 PM »
Maybe I'm the exception to the rule, but on average I seem to find a couple of good 1 v 1's a week.  Would it be great to have it occur a couple of times a day? Sure it would, but i'll take what I can get.  :salute
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 04:50:01 PM by bacon8tr »

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2011, 06:09:49 PM »
You can't keep hanging on that Jager, it was pretty much my first turn and burn fight in a 205.
Gambling and experimenting in what the eye-tie kite could do, I learned a valuable lesson that the 205 doesn't stall fight at all well.
Considering my suckage you sure have set your sights low. But I'm not surprised your bile has seeped out of the Top Gun thread.

Oh, no, not referencing that fight between you and me. About 2 years back, I got in a fight in my 110G against a C205 and if I remember right, a P-47D-25. Out fought both of them, killing the C2, but wasn't able to finnish of the jug, and ended up crashing dead-stick.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline Daddkev

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2011, 06:19:51 PM »
 :old: Bacon8r is making me hungary. :cry
God Bless America
Go tell Momm, im flying! and make me a sandwich !
EvilKev

2012 68KO Cup 1st Place finisher

Offline seraphim07

• Zinc Member
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2011, 06:31:26 PM »
I had a pair of awesome 1 v 1's today in the MA, and they included responsible HOs. The first was a bit rough, HO collided with a perk corsair who rammed me as I was trying to evade him. Then, in my very damaged P-47D-40, I got into a low alt dogfight with an La. It was an awesome fight, cause after he blew his E, we were fairly well evenly matched in turn rate, his climbing was better. My pilot was wounded as well, seemed to be every time I could get my guns on him I blacked out, so I fired blindly ;)  After all of this, I was shot down. I then took up a P-40F and fought the same pilot in a new lag.

By responsible HOs, my opponent and I would take shots until about 200 yards out, then get slightly angle off to merge, then resume maneuvering. And type of head on shot where he was not quite pointed at me or vise versa was fair game. We fought for what I think must have been 5 full minutes without disruption be either side. I scored some hits on him, and he on me. I lost my left gear, aileron, and flap, and the front gas tank was holed. He ended up breaking off into his own ack, I don't know his damage status. I turned for home, and even with nme upping from the base we fought near, they let me be as I flew home. I made it with 3 minutes fuel at full military power, and made a no flaps belly landing. It was one of the best flight I have ever had with no kills. In a twist, just as I was about to end sortie, I got a message saying I scored an assist on my opponent. He must have landed, re-armed, and upped again only to be killed.

You can HO me every day for a month, I will still love this game!!!!  BTW - It was Sads I believe, and the whole time we talked about our fights and the merits of the other pilot and their plane on 200 the whole time. No rules were spoken, just some common sense at work!!!

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2011, 06:36:07 PM »
Maybe I'm the exception to the rule, but on average I seem to find a couple of good 1 v 1's a week.  Would it be great to have it occur a couple of times a day? Sure it would, but i'll take what I can get.  :salute

and this is the only reason I keep coming back through the last ten years. Always launchin looking for that one good fight of the night.

Offline skribetm

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2011, 09:15:02 PM »
i want jugs in a ho.

eight fifty cals!  :aok :lol :lol

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2011, 09:59:14 PM »
dolby...just let him have his moment of glory...

😲
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline 2ADoc

• Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2011, 10:48:39 AM »
That was the first time that I had been blatantly HOed like that.  Now that I think about it, I am not going to start HOing, it is not worth it to get the reputation that some of these other guys have.  I would have gotten on last night but we had a cold front come thru and we had power outages in my area.  It is one of those things, I guess. 
Takeoffs are optional, landings aren't
Vini Vedi Velcro
See Rule 4, 13, 14.

Offline jd

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2011, 10:52:25 AM »
If you DONT take the shot you ARE the Ho. :D
Current: Slipstrm

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2011, 11:04:26 AM »
While you display admirable chivalry, don't expect others to respect your no HO rule in an MA environment.  Yes, it might have been a 1v1, but for all you know he might have been down to fumes and was desperate to end the fight quickly by any means.  Your mistake wasn't in failing to take the HO, but rather in calling him out for taking one.  His response, while juvenile, seems perfectly reasonable given that you'd just berated him.  Did you expect an apology?

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2011, 11:11:34 AM »
I bluntly hoe'd a Pony B in my Spit 14 last night. I initiated and pressed for it.

Maybe he was angry about it too... especially as my ride hadn't exactly been inferior in a turnfight ;)
But in the distance a whole gaggle of much higher enemy planes were inbound, and I was already light on fuel and ammo. If I had chosen the 'honorable' way, they would have certainly 'unhonorably' piled on me.

No thank you.  :P

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline BERN1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2011, 11:20:24 AM »
lil circle thingy on my windshield when a plane enters I pull thetrigger