Author Topic: The Marketing of AH - Ideas on how to increase player base  (Read 11378 times)

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
Re: The Marketing of AH - Ideas on how to increase player base
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2011, 09:33:29 AM »
15 a month is dirt cheap if you can't afford that well you shouldnt be playing in the first place.

so if $180/yr is dirt cheap, can you list some of the other games that cost, say over $360/yr?

(assuming dirt cheap means at least 1/2 the price of the competition)
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2011, 09:35:11 AM »
Yoou make me feel like I need to work harder.

Wish I had half your talent at making films.  That's another thing I'd be into!

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2011, 09:46:50 AM »
I would have to agree WW1 AH is a failed experiment right now interms of  customer return.

The MA is the core product.

It would seem a reasonable responce to WoT and WoP to allow free  access to the MA (only) for a limited sub set of rides.

Like Wo?? the player is motivated to sign up for better rides and more fun without a time limit on his/her decision.

Ludere Vincere

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2011, 10:51:53 AM »
so if $180/yr is dirt cheap, can you list some of the other games that cost, say over $360/yr?

If you dont like paying 15 a month then don't, real simple isnt it?  other than that nice troll attempt  :aok
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline g00b

• Nickel Member
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2011, 03:11:54 PM »
IMHO it has been all downhill since they they split the MA. That's when I and a bunch of other people left the game. I remember glorious 600+ player battles. AH should go back to that...

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2011, 03:22:14 PM »
anybody with a marketing degree or Perice please feel free to contact hitech.  I am 100% sure he will listen to you if you have a great idea.

rest please shut up as this "i know how to improve the player base" is getting old.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2011, 07:57:06 PM »

Almost every adult male in this place spends a buck eighty on beer every month...this is a horsesh                    t excuse.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2011, 08:14:25 PM »
 :lol hit wiktionary for the definition of excuse. that was a question.
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Raptor05121

• Nickel Member
« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2011, 08:26:45 PM »
15 a month is dirt cheap if you can't afford that well you shouldnt be playing in the first place.

$15 a month is cheap. But $180 is not. I would hate to see your finances if you live on a month-by-month financing system. Heck, Xbox Live isnt even half of Aces High and you get 10x more stuff.
InGame: xRaptorx of the ***Alchemists***

Quote from: dirtdart
To suggest things that do not meet this basic criteria is equal to masturbation.  It may feel good to you, will not produce any tangible results, and you may be embarrassed if you get caught. 

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2011, 08:49:41 PM »
$15 a month is cheap. But $180 is not. I would hate to see your finances if you live on a month-by-month financing system. Heck, Xbox Live isnt even half of Aces High and you get 10x more stuff.

$15 a month = $180 a year ......... btw  this game only cost a person $0.021 cents per hour a day,  or roughly $0.50 cents a day to play........

we are discussing  WWII combat flight Simulation MMO games here........ find me one that is better than Aces high and has "at Least" a close flight model to Aces High

then tell me that game has the community structure of Aces High, has the special events and variety Aces high has to offer..........All the graphics , power ups, cheat codes  does not = Great Game Play

or in other worlds, a pretty looking backdrop will not help someone be able to kill their opponent in the game any better....... but it just might get someone who isn't paying attention, get shotdown quicker because they were"enjoying the view" rather than playing the game, hehe...

if the gameplay is good you could still have fun even if you only had "stick figured drawings" for graphics.........  "more stuff"  only helps a single persons viewing appeal, it does not have any affect on community or on game play.......

YMMV.....

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Raptor05121

• Nickel Member
« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2011, 08:55:55 PM »
$15 a month = $180 a year .........

Yes I know, I was pointing out that initial cost does not seem much over long term. Do you buy a car thinking "well its only $350 a month, I can afford that."

Don't get me wrong, I love Aces High. But do I think the price needs to be lower? Yes. HT would've got more of my money if it was cheaper. Every so often I close my account until job outlooks are looking better or home expenses are down. I've had four accounts in the past 5 years. Do I think Aces High should be progressing more for a company of >10 people who make a little less than 10 grand a month in initial profit? Yes. The wishlist is full of ideas and I know HT and others are busy implementing as many as they can, but I think there is room to grow. I came on years ago when they first advertised on Discovery Wings. That is what got me hooked and many others. I remember the population was higher then than what it is now. Just my $0.02, but I think numbers will continue to dwindle until something else is done. Little patches with one or two planes isn't going to bring more customers.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 08:58:05 PM by Raptor05121 »
InGame: xRaptorx of the ***Alchemists***

Quote from: dirtdart
To suggest things that do not meet this basic criteria is equal to masturbation.  It may feel good to you, will not produce any tangible results, and you may be embarrassed if you get caught. 

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2011, 09:48:37 PM »

No one holds a gun to the heads of Xbox lovers forcing em to stay here.  Heck even when I was living in Tallahassee making
$3.35 a hour <minimum wage in 84> I could swing it and not cry  :D

I guess coming from the $6 an hour AW generation has influenced my perspective, but reading how $14.95 a month is too
much just cracks me up.  I'm wondering how lowering the price would make HT more of your money?  Would losing the money
from everyone else somehow magically by replaced by your increased revenue? 

Frankly I'm impressed by the fact that the price dropped years ago and has been maintained for YEARS.  Every other service
I use on a monthly basis increases their prices regularly. 

Also HTC doesn't make us buy new aircraft like some other flight sim I could name.  Of course you can always decide to
ruin Hitech's bottom line and vote with your feet!  :rofl
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 09:57:10 PM by Rino »
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2011, 10:35:40 PM »

lol Xbox live, sure go ahead enjoy that crowd. hacks, aimbot and numerous other cheats thrive there. thanks heavens thats not put up with here.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 10:37:52 PM by 68ZooM »

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2011, 10:59:12 PM »
Yes I know, I was pointing out that initial cost does not seem much over long term. Do you buy a car thinking "well its only $350 a month, I can afford that.".

Most responsible adults buy a car if they can afford to,it wouldnt matter if it was $250 or $350 a month.why would anyone buy a car if they couldnt afford the payments.  :headscratch:

Offline Melvin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2011, 11:00:57 PM »
why would anyone buy a car if they couldnt afford the payments.  :headscratch:

Really?
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 11:03:49 PM by Melvin »
See Rule #4