Author Topic: The Marketing of AH - Ideas on how to increase player base  (Read 11387 times)

Offline Peyton

• Copper Member
Re: The Marketing of AH - Ideas on how to increase player base
« Reply #240 on: January 05, 2012, 09:27:38 AM »
Subscription data is NEVER released. The 2 month deal for the Europeans is a new thing. HTC just released a boxed version of the game over there a few month ago. They are only starting to get data on that.

They would be foolish to cancel accounts that are still being paid for. There are a number of players who "support" HTC that don't log any time on line.

WWI was hot and heavy for a month or two, and then the numbers dropped off to a number of "hard core" WWI players. But with nothing in the arena but 4 fighters most lost intrest, and the few left just don't bother because there is never any one in there.

I don't think WWI was put up as something to bring in new players, but I'm sure they wouldn't have looked down on any that came in. I believe the WWI was a test bed to run things they wanted to add to the main game but wanted to see how it works out. Last thing I think was a new damage model.

Stupid question, you bet your @zz it is! There are always those that "think" people are pulling something but very few push the code and HTC is very good at banning any who think they get close.

Thank you Fugitive for your "wealth" of knowledge.

Does HiTech employ you as a spokesperson?
If they do I will take your responses as is.
If not, I will wait until HiTech responds.

Sincerely

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #241 on: January 05, 2012, 09:37:12 AM »

Sincerely

In a since he is a spokesperson, I.E. we have many times stated that we do not release information concerning subscriptions.

On the hacking question. Yes we do, anyone caught hacking is band for life. And we do not discuss what we do for detection because that would make life easier for the people who wished to try.

HiTech

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #242 on: January 05, 2012, 10:13:30 AM »

Sincerely

Anyone that has been on the boards awhile knows the answer. Search is your friend.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Peyton

• Copper Member
« Reply #243 on: January 05, 2012, 11:27:21 AM »
Anyone that has been on the boards awhile knows the answer. Search is your friend.

Been on the boards a while and I've used the search function multiple times for a variety of reasons.....but it doesn't provide a listing to a family tree.

Offline Peyton

• Copper Member
« Reply #244 on: January 05, 2012, 11:28:39 AM »
In a since he is a spokesperson, I.E. we have many times stated that we do not release information concerning subscriptions.

On the hacking question. Yes we do, anyone caught hacking is band for life. And we do not discuss what we do for detection because that would make life easier for the people who wished to try.

HiTech

HiTech, Thank you for your response and taking the time to respond.  Much appreciated.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #245 on: January 05, 2012, 01:23:26 PM »
Peyton,

This forum is not the place to make what appears to be a business inquery to the owner of that business.

If you work in the Marketing Industry you know this avenue is usless and direct contact by phone or in person is the proper avenue. I've never met a Sales or Marketing professional who didn't want to be face to face with the person he was selling his shtick to. In this forum you reduce your sales pitch to one of the herd.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Peyton

• Copper Member
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 03:01:08 PM by Peyton »

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #247 on: January 05, 2012, 02:25:46 PM »

Bstr,
Settle down.  The whole inquiry started from post 1 which was how to increase player base.  Go sift through the whole thread, read it, then comment. You are making your post more personal than it needs to be.

If Hi tech did not want to answer then he did not have to.  Instead of speculating on how the business is run, I went right to the source and asked the question.  Maybe if you have been in marketing you would know that besides doing some research if you want an answer to a question or to "seal the deal', you ask the decision maker.  That is what I did, I asked the question to the "Man in charge"...HITECH. .  Once again, if HiTech did not want to answer he could have graciously declined.

Maybe the marketing you are referring to is cold calling where you call the customer and are selling alarm systems over the phone, ad space for a local trade magazine or asking for donations for the local school play, but I can tell you  where I do business we meet face to face to get things done. Unfortunately I can't meet with HiTech but if I could I'd take him/them to lunch and maybe they could show me around the place.  Heck, let's have a tour and play a little AH2.

Moving on............since you have commented in shear defense of apparently something that has rubbed you the wrong way, and you have  that it has led this thread astray

It's odd but I can't seem to picture a person with your attitude being in advertising/marketing. Obviously you must come across different in person.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #248 on: January 05, 2012, 03:51:12 PM »

Sincerely

Well seeing as the owner didn't dispute the information I posted  I guess I was right enough.

Your problem is you posted specific questions about a private business on a public board. This opens the door to any one responding with any information they like leaving it up to you to crawl through the crap to find the truth.

A bit of advice, if you want specific questions answered by specific people, maybe you should email those people a note. This way you won't run into these problems any more.

Many of us chime in here with what help we can give to better the game, good luck in the future.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #249 on: January 05, 2012, 04:32:12 PM »

HiTech

you know what I really wish boss.  is for people to stop being such convenient grammar nazis on the game and here on the bb.  you have several mistakes on your writing and yet it doesnt matter, in a since, we all know what you mean.  the only good thing that such come out of this thread is for people to relax and accept other peoples spellting even if it kills them.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #250 on: January 05, 2012, 04:34:48 PM »
you know what I really wish boss.  is for people to stop being such convenient grammar nazis on the game and here on the bb.  you have several mistakes on your writing and yet it doesnt matter, in a since, we all know what you mean.  the only good thing that such come out of this thread is for people to relax and accept other peoples spellting even if it kills them.

semp

ah wed dis witaut hezitashun
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Peyton

• Copper Member
« Reply #251 on: January 05, 2012, 04:45:35 PM »
A bit of advice, if you want specific questions answered by specific people, maybe you should email those people a note. This way you won't run into these problems any more.

Many of us chime in here with what help we can give to better the game, good luck in the future.

ok sounds good...thanks

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #252 on: January 05, 2012, 09:34:57 PM »

semp

I'm in agreement with you're premise on this won. :)

HiTech

Offline james

• Silver Member
« Reply #253 on: January 05, 2012, 11:02:06 PM »
What about an email to players that have cancelled letting them know about the coming update? If this has been mentioned in these pages sorry, not going to sift through all that at this hour. Just an idea is all.
6GUN  

4.0GHZ Ryzen9 3900x
32GB DDR4 3200
GTX1070

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #254 on: January 05, 2012, 11:21:25 PM »
Peyton,

This forum is not the place to make what appears to be a business inquery to the owner of that business.

If you work in the Marketing Industry you know this avenue is usless and direct contact by phone or in person is the proper avenue. I've never met a Sales or Marketing professional who didn't want to be face to face with the person he was selling his shtick to. In this forum you reduce your sales pitch to one of the herd.

With 1 bottle of Whiskey, I hope to increase Hitech's business ventue with better grammar. Or Grammer, I can't remember because direct contact usually results in a ban since I use 3 and sometimes 4 letter words which arn't appreciated.

Wait what are we talking about again dude?

Dude? you promised an 8-ball of the worlds finest new zealand sheep wool, this is weed, not what we agreed on.

baaah, whatever.
JG 52