Author Topic: What is a good?  (Read 1850 times)

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
Re: What is a good?
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2014, 04:56:38 PM »
Actually, we are limited to what DirectInput will allow, which I believe is eight individual devices, with 256 buttons per device.

Is it only 8,I seem to recall you said 16 devices in the past but I could be wrong,I'm close to those 8 devices now so it would be good to know for sure!!! :devil

Would hate to purchase something only to find I exceeded to device limit!

Plus I can stop lying to players when I tell them the game can handle 16 devices...... :noid

:salute

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2014, 08:17:44 AM »
Actually, we are limited to what DirectInput will allow, which I believe is eight individual devices, with 256 buttons per device.
I stand corrected. Yet I suppose that 8*256=2048 buttons will be enough even in the future. If not, there's always the keyboard with the 101 keys multiplied by ctrl, alt and shift plus the numpad two button combinations for up/down viewing directions.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2014, 08:59:49 AM »

Is it only 8,I seem to recall you said 16 devices in the past but I could be wrong,I'm close to those 8 devices now so it would be good to know for sure!!! :devil

Would hate to purchase something only to find I exceeded to device limit!

Plus I can stop lying to players when I tell them the game can handle 16 devices...... :noid

Not sure why I would have said 16, as DirectInput has always had a limit of 8 distinct devices.  If I did, then I just screwed up.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2014, 03:15:43 PM »
Not sure why I would have said 16, as DirectInput has always had a limit of 8 distinct devices.  If I did, then I just screwed up.

No worries Roy,I suffer from sometimerz,it's not quite alltimerz but it's getting there.

It was a long time ago and I might have been mistaken,but now I know it's 8 so I will stop lieing to the players....... :devil

I have a question though,if you dont have the mouse mapped to anything is it considered a device in the limit of 8?

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2014, 03:20:17 PM »

No worries Roy,I suffer from sometimerz,it's not quite alltimerz but it's getting there.

It was a long time ago and I might have been mistaken,but now I know it's 8 so I will stop lieing to the players....... :devil

I have a question though,if you dont have the mouse mapped to anything is it considered a device in the limit of 8?

Yes, as DirectInput still has to deal with it, even if the game does not.

Although, in this case, the game uses the mouse for a lot of things (menu and options selections), even when you do not have anything mapped.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com