Author Topic: Arado guns  (Read 4569 times)

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
Arado guns
« on: December 19, 2011, 09:15:53 AM »
Lyric was saying they are out with the new update.
If you are not GFC...you are wee!
Put on your boots boots boots...and parachutes..chutes...chutes.. .
Illigitimus non carborundum

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Arado guns
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 09:27:25 AM »
and?  :headscratch:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2011, 10:15:15 AM »
I apologize for not expanding my comment:

Lyric mentioned the arado guns were being removed for the next update.  Is this the case? 

I am curious because I have seen HTC respond to Krusty in the past with "just because it was never used does not mean it could not have been used".  Specifically to the overload of ammo in the P-47s and the combination of Bombs and Rockets on the P-51. 

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2011, 10:23:24 AM »
Lyric mentioned the arado guns were being removed for the next update.  Is this the case?

My feelings on such matters in general: As long as there is no public word or announcement from HTC, I just wait for the new version to show up. Many things that players say about what "HTC will or won't do" are either wishful thinking, plain rumors, a trolling attempt or just some joking around. (again meant in general, not trying to allege anything to (grammar?) Lyric)

And in particular: At least in the beta, the guns are still there... ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2011, 10:33:52 AM »
We have no plans to change the arado.

HiTech

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2011, 12:19:27 PM »
Thanks ht for clearing the mud. I was hoping they were not out.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2011, 12:25:16 PM »
I apologize for not expanding my comment:

Lyric mentioned the arado guns were being removed for the next update.  Is this the case? 

I am curious because I have seen HTC respond to Krusty in the past with "just because it was never used does not mean it could not have been used".  Specifically to the overload of ammo in the P-47s and the combination of Bombs and Rockets on the P-51. 

HTC's comments were more towards bombs/rockets together, and combinations that are by themselves historical, but maybe together were not.

What I showed with the P-47s and what Lyric showed with the Ar234 are a different matter. There's "combinations" and then there's "inaccurate loadouts"... What Lyric has shown is that the guns were NEVER in use. IMO much like the Mossie16 it still warrants a perk even without them.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2011, 02:46:54 PM »
Lyric was saying they are out with the new update.
No I said the AR-234B won't have any rear guns when it the AR-234B gets updated.

Not the next AHII update.

As far as rear guns are concerned read this see what you think.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,305406.0.html

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2011, 03:51:42 PM »
We have no plans to change the arado.

HiTech

I sincerely am at a loss lyric.  Please elaborate the discussion on 200.  You stated the Arado would lose its guns (next update, when updated, I do not recall).  What would lead you to believe this, considering what HT just said? Are we getting a new variant of the Arado 234?

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2011, 04:43:50 PM »
I sincerely am at a loss lyric.  Please elaborate the discussion on 200.  You stated the Arado would lose its guns (next update, when updated, I do not recall).  What would lead you to believe this, considering what HT just said? Are we getting a new variant of the Arado 234?
OK long story short here.

I think NKL5 or Spikes landed kills in a AR-234 I don't remember who over the weekend.

Both of these guys had shot me down a long time back with the AR-234B to the best of my memory.

I had read a long time back that there was something about the rear facing guns that did not add up to what we had in the game. If you read my link I posted you will see that I had found the guns pointed down & back not up & back as we have in game now.

I later found out by getting just about every book published on Ar-234's that no AR-234B had rear facing guns much to my surprise.

So when I was shot down again by AR-234 guns & the smack talk that followed with the bragging of the prowess of the skill of shooting me down with said guns. I decided to make it my IL-2 & F3 mode & prove that the rear guns should be gone.

So any time I see AR-234B kills with rear guns I mention enjoy those rear guns while you can on 200 because by the next update of the AR-234b they will be gone.

There was only 3 models of Ar234's made. The C model was the only one with rear guns & only two prototypes & they scrapped all future plans for the rear guns.

Hitech stated that there is no plans to change the Ar-234 based off your question. That I would say is fact based off the question you asked?

If they get around to updating the AR-234B any time soon & It has rear guns I would very much like to see the information that was based off.

That answer it for you?  

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2011, 05:19:34 PM »
Sounds like someone stole your sweet roll.

:rofl

I also thought it was a fact that HTC sometimes mixed versions to make a best representation of the aircraft.

Also this is a game so a bit of fantasy may be ok.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2011, 05:42:45 PM »
Sounds like someone stole your sweet roll.

:rofl

Yes :D

I also thought it was a fact that HTC sometimes mixed versions to make a best representation of the aircraft. Examples please?

Also this is a game so a bit of fantasy may be OK. Maybe? Where do you draw the line on that though?

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2011, 05:52:15 PM »
I also thought it was a fact that HTC sometimes mixed versions to make a best representation of the aircraft.
I don't think two prototypes warrant that.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline PR3D4TOR

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2011, 06:11:05 PM »
Last time I checked the 234B came with the guns as factory standard. Some, perhaps most, pilots had them removed in the field, but that doesn't matter. Also most of the captured 234's still had the guns mounted, and on many of the wartime pictures I can find the periscope-sight is still mounted (and presumably also the guns).
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 06:13:22 PM by PR3D4TOR »
No gods or kings. Only Predator.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2011, 06:31:40 PM »
Last time I checked the 234B came with the guns as factory standard. Some, perhaps most, pilots had them removed in the field, but that doesn't matter. Also most of the captured 234's still had the guns mounted, and on many of the wartime pictures I can find the periscope-sight is still mounted (and presumably also the guns).
Not correct.

Guns--> (C model),bomb mounts & periscope were not fitted at the factory they had to be sent to another location to be fitted.

Show me one photo of any AR-234B with rear facing guns. Show me one instance of any captured AR-234B having rear mounted guns.

Trust me I have looked.

When you get past Wiki & all the older books & get to the newer ones that have Copied actual Arado documents you will see that it never happened.

Get you a copy of this book.  

http://luftwaffereviews.blogspot.com/2007_08_01_archive.html

480 pages of actual AR-234 documents.

Periscope had two purposes one was to look backwards for enemy contacts & two to look forward & let its dive bomb computer release bombs.

The periscope was planned to be used for rear guns & drawings do exist of AR-234B'S showing this. Again no such aircraft was made the C model was it as far as rear guns are concerned. You can look at the link I posted to see the actual guns & how they were fitted on the C model earlier in the thread.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 06:51:28 PM by lyric1 »