Author Topic: Thoughts and prayers  (Read 2120 times)

Offline M0nkey_Man

• Gold Member
Re: Thoughts and prayers
« Reply #60 on: December 24, 2011, 02:10:19 PM »
 :pray
FlyKommando.com

"Tip of the dull butter knife"
delta07

Offline TeeArr

• Copper Member
« Reply #61 on: December 25, 2011, 11:55:17 AM »
Sorry to hear that Tomcat  :salute :pray

Offline MajWoody

• Gold Member
« Reply #62 on: December 25, 2011, 09:58:46 PM »
Prayers said for your father & your family Tomcat.  :pray    :salute
Lets keep the stupid to a minimum.
Old Age and Treachery, will overcome youth and skill EVERYTIME

Offline DakOne

• Zinc Member
« Reply #63 on: December 26, 2011, 01:37:37 PM »
He is in my prayers Tom.

Dakone

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: December 26, 2011, 01:40:08 PM »
Tomcat, youre a great guy man and im sorry to hear this... <S>
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline shegotya

• Gold Member
« Reply #65 on: December 26, 2011, 05:43:38 PM »

Offline greens

• Silver Member
« Reply #66 on: December 26, 2011, 06:12:04 PM »
 :salute  greens
_-=ELIM EAGLES=-_
in loving memory of OZ <Eagles21>
 miss you bro!

Offline TOMCAT21

• Silver Member
« Reply #67 on: December 26, 2011, 06:39:57 PM »
Just off the phone with my mom and my dad is doing better. He told the hospital dietician that he sucks at cooking and should find work elsewhere( had to clean it up, some people just dont like foul language). He had an MRA done and the radiologist said his carotid arteries are both over 70% clogged but the vascular surgeon looked at the results and said the complete opposite. He is having a stress done tomorrow and they will decide whether or not to do the surgery. Either way he has to have neck surgery to fuze some crap in his neck, his C3/C5 are jacked up and he is having issues with moving his hands and walking. Thanks again for you well wishes.<S>
RETIRED US Army/ Flying and dying since Tour 80/"We're paratroopers, Lieutenant, we're supposed to be surrounded." - Capt. Richard Winters.  FSO 412th FNVG/MA- REGULATORS

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #68 on: December 26, 2011, 11:08:38 PM »
Don't worry Tomcat.  It sounds like they found everything in plenty of time. 

I had a 95% blocked coronary artery about 11 years ago and got a stent.  They told me I was having a heart attack when they checked me in but there was no heart damage.  About seven years ago I had a minor (mini) stroke.  It caused some numbing/tingling on one side of my body for years but eventually cleared up.  With medications my cholesterol and triglyceride levels and liver function are perfectly withing range and I've experienced no more problems.

The miricles of modern medicine an the curses of modern lifestyle/diet.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline mthrockmor

• Gold Member
« Reply #69 on: December 27, 2011, 11:15:23 AM »
Tomcat, the good thing about what you are describing is twofold. Your dad seems a grumpy b&@#$&, which helps in recovery. Grumpy people seem to hold on longer, while nancy-boys cry, moan and die. Patton being one of my heros, sounds like your Dad has all the right stuff. Second, as Baldeagle points out modern medicine has so many working options for your Dad.

One thing for certain, once your Dad recovers he needs to change his lifestyle. When he is up to it he needs to walk 1 mile a day, rain or shine; change eating habits; add natures cleaners such as grapefruit juice, which helps clean up the arteries. The body is great at healing itself completely, when given the right support.

All the best to your Dad and family. Many better days and years ahead.

Boo
 :salute
No poor dumb bastard wins a war by dying for his country, he wins by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his.
George "Blood n Guts" Patton

Offline TOMCAT21

• Silver Member
« Reply #70 on: December 27, 2011, 06:26:06 PM »
I just got off the phone with my mom and after further analysis from the vascular surgeon, it was determined that my dad's right carotid artery was on 55% clogged and his left carotid artery was around 50%. Prolly get realeased from the hositpal in the couple of days and will have his neck surgery after the new year. He passed the stress test in the event he had to have the vascular surgery. He will remain on the blood thinners until he gets discharged from the hospital.Once again for all your well wishes/thoughts/prayers. <S> TC21
RETIRED US Army/ Flying and dying since Tour 80/"We're paratroopers, Lieutenant, we're supposed to be surrounded." - Capt. Richard Winters.  FSO 412th FNVG/MA- REGULATORS

Offline TOMCAT21

• Silver Member
« Reply #71 on: December 28, 2011, 01:10:03 PM »
I just received word from one of my older brothers, that our dad is now home from the hospital.It didnt look that last week but my dad is a stubborn man and my mom said she is just not ready to get rid of him just quite yet.thanks again...tc21

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #72 on: December 28, 2011, 01:23:13 PM »
Great to hear Tomcat!
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline UncleKurt

• Silver Member
« Reply #73 on: December 29, 2011, 02:05:40 PM »
All our hopes TOMCAT21!
(You know the number).
I Like pizza!
I Hate red airplanes!
Leave my sheep alone!
What an axle!<br/Do Not Impose to Bully Around Me!

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #74 on: December 29, 2011, 02:26:36 PM »
Good to hear Tom. :aok