Author Topic: Who got Aces High for Xmas?  (Read 2159 times)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: Who got Aces High for Xmas?
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2011, 04:09:32 AM »
Can't agree with that statement.  Over the last 10 years I've seen to many new people posting questions .  Just that this year I've noticed a lack of what I had always consider the normal influx of new players around Christmas. 

it took me 2 years to find out there was a bb.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2011, 07:17:55 AM »
semp
I was lurking on the boards before I ever went into the MA.  I also read netaces, and the help pages.  I guess that's why I never asked on country "how do I drop bombs?"...
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2011, 08:15:35 AM »

semp

Wait a minute, you found the AH Web Site from which you down loaded the software and you never looked at any of the other tabs for two years?
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline Scotty55OEFVet

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2011, 11:35:41 AM »
I saw World of Tanks in a disc at Walmart for $20. I have yet to see AH do that, do I doubt anyone new got it by surprise.

I have also seen WOT in stores..and I think it would give AH a HUGE boost to market it that way. I actually tried downloading WOT last night, took 4 hours lol. Then as I go into an arena, my connection gets lost! So long story short, removed it and said maybe some other time. I do think WOT offers a pretty cool program that allows you to Select a game and run it against your Comps MIN Requirements which then shows you what you pass and fail on as far as running the game.
"War can only be abolished through war...in order to get rid of the gun it is necessary to take up the gun."

RedDevil

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2011, 11:59:06 AM »
I do not understand why so many on these boards thinks that the player base is so low.........

how do any of you come to that conclusion? do any of you have actual facts and documents to back up what you are claiming?

when I log in to the arenas, I see hundreds of new names / people, along with the old players that have always been around that came here from AW, WB, FA, wwiionline .....

yes, I do know that less are playing than their was back in 2007/2008 but the whole world went thru nd some of the world still is going through economical hard times...

but can any of you explain why i see hundreds of new people/names ingame on the roster ( and probably 70 to 80 % of them have not even joined or posted to the AH BBS )

some of you posting in this thread are all doom and gloom and act like AH is dieing off, yet when I look at the ingame roster in the different arenas I see the exact opposite of what some of you are posting here....

anyhows....... this same type of thread always pops up on this bbs at least once a year if not 2 or 3 times........

as for SimHQ, yes their is no forum over there for AH, but AH is well represented ( albeit they are older articles ), AH is well represented in the SimHQ Air Combat corner Library..... a lot of the articles in this SimHQ section is written based on Aces High Game play, etc......  although it would be nice to see some new articles regarding Aces high over there ( hint hint, Badboy ROFL )

take of those rose colored glasses each of you are looking through from yesteryear !  Aces high is still rolling along as it has always done..... someof you are just growing long in the tooth ( meaning you been here awhile and you are getting older and senile LOL )

those other online combat sim MMO's have to spend thousands if not hundreds of thousands of dollars for advertisement to get their game out in view of the public eye. some of the companies have over a hundred employees on staff trying to design the game ( to me this brings more buggy software in my personal view ),  Aces high has done well with very little advertisement , and always remember word of mouth is always the best advertisement.......

<S>

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2011, 06:44:43 PM »
I do not understand why so many on these boards thinks that the player base is so low.........

how do any of you come to that conclusion? do any of you have actual facts and documents to back up what you are claiming?

when I log in to the arenas, I see hundreds of new names / people, along with the old players that have always been around that came here from AW, WB, FA, wwiionline .....

yes, I do know that less are playing than their was back in 2007/2008 but the whole world went thru nd some of the world still is going through economical hard times...

but can any of you explain why i see hundreds of new people/names ingame on the roster ( and probably 70 to 80 % of them have not even joined or posted to the AH BBS )

some of you posting in this thread are all doom and gloom and act like AH is dieing off, yet when I look at the ingame roster in the different arenas I see the exact opposite of what some of you are posting here....

anyhows....... this same type of thread always pops up on this bbs at least once a year if not 2 or 3 times........

as for SimHQ, yes their is no forum over there for AH, but AH is well represented ( albeit they are older articles ), AH is well represented in the SimHQ Air Combat corner Library..... a lot of the articles in this SimHQ section is written based on Aces High Game play, etc......  although it would be nice to see some new articles regarding Aces high over there ( hint hint, Badboy ROFL )

take of those rose colored glasses each of you are looking through from yesteryear !  Aces high is still rolling along as it has always done..... someof you are just growing long in the tooth ( meaning you been here awhile and you are getting older and senile LOL )

those other online combat sim MMO's have to spend thousands if not hundreds of thousands of dollars for advertisement to get their game out in view of the public eye. some of the companies have over a hundred employees on staff trying to design the game ( to me this brings more buggy software in my personal view ),  Aces high has done well with very little advertisement , and always remember word of mouth is always the best advertisement.......

<S>
TC

Easy TC, I was just asking who got AH for Christmas.  While you claim to  have noticed “Hundreds” of new players names, I can’t verify that, I also think any new subscribers coming from FA , well I think that pond went dry a long time ago. 

I never said that AH was dieing off, just noticed fewer new names then last years at this time.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes

Offline betty

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2011, 09:10:15 PM »
My Girlfriend ordered me an X52 pro yesterday for my upcoming B-Day.  Best woman ever, she even suggested that I need a big flat screen mounted on the wall in front of my computer desk lol    :)

I love my x52 pro. I also play AH on my 42" plasma screen and its awesome! I gave my kids my old puter for xmas...thought it was going out but my fan on the power supply was goin out so I got that fixed and it runs like new now. they will be getting a joystick and AH account soon but no mic and will never be left unsupervised while playin.
~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

!!!!!POTIUS MORI QUAM FOEDARI!!!!

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2011, 09:36:48 PM »
Easy TC, I was just asking who got AH for Christmas. While you claim to have noticed “Hundreds” of new players names, I can’t verify that, I also think any new subscribers coming from FA , well I think that pond went dry a long time ago.  

I never said that AH was dieing off, just noticed fewer new names then last years at this time.

truth be known I had 2 AH BBS Web browser tabs open and thought I was posting in that advertising thread..when I hit the post button and went and clicked the other browser tab, I couldn't find my post. It took me a minute or 2 to realize I had posted in this thread instead of the other one where I wanted this post to really go... I just didn't bother to edit it or move it, I was in a hurry for today was my daughter's formal wedding ceremony ( if you got Daughters, you better start when they are born , saving for their wedding days.. ROFL ....... just got one more to go now, if she ever gets married?? whew.....)

I still though, do not see it like some of you see it currently. I seriously see hundreds of new players playing on-line, although I can contribute that to me not playing as often as I have done in my past. when I am showing up in FSO, KOTH, the TA and the DA more than the Main Arena, so when I do go to the MA, I see so many new names that I do not recognize..... to where as like back a couple of years I knew just about everyone listed in the roster with some exceptions...

edit: my reply regarding old AW, WB, FA, wwiionline players was just that, talking about the old or been here awhile players that came from all the other flight Sims......... I was not referring that any of them were here new from AW  or WB or FA or wwiionline..... now every now and then we do see someone post on these boards that they are just now trying AH out and that they used to play one of the 4 mentioned above......  but they are only trickling in nowadays verses any max relocating like has taken place in the past... 

cheers

TC
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 09:45:51 PM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2011, 09:40:18 PM »
I gave my kids my old puter for xmas...thought it was going out but my fan on the power supply was goin out so I got that fixed and it runs like new now.

they will be getting a joystick and AH account soon but no mic and will never be left unsupervised while playin.

that is awesome, betty....  and btw, congrats  :aok

:cheers:

TC

Offline betty

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2011, 10:21:37 PM »
that is awesome, betty....  and btw, congrats  :aok

:cheers:

TC

thank you sir!!  :salute :cheers:
~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

!!!!!POTIUS MORI QUAM FOEDARI!!!!

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2011, 10:37:47 PM »

semp

Wait a minute, you found the AH Web Site from which you down loaded the software and you never looked at any of the other tabs for two years?

as semp has posted and Traveler questioned him..... this is not as farout as one might think

this is not absolute, but I would go as far to say for every 1 individual that posts to the AH BBS there is probably 6 to 9 others that never comes to the AH BBS or if they do they are only lurking and are not even registered yet they do play in the game on-line.........

still now, after starting playing AH back in the fall of 1999, I still see / find AH players that do not go no further than to download the game and login to the on-line arenas..... some have been playing 3 to 5 years anddon't even know Aces high has this forum........

I have made wishlist request several times that when a new person opens an account hat they also would be required to visit/register to the AH BBS.......... just so they know it exists, they would not have to participate...... just register ...... even better would be that the on-line gameid be tagged/attached to the AH BBS Username ......... this would go a long way and knowing who is who....   just a wishlist item I have always wanted, to resolve what Semp has posted about in his experiences of playing 2 years before finding the AH messageboards

<S>

TC

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2011, 04:21:05 AM »
I lost aceshigh for Xmas.(And my job)  :cry

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2011, 10:21:52 AM »
Not in the US of A at least

Way overpriced for an arcade game.

I flew in H2H for a couple of years before I signed on. Was in AH long before I signed on to the BBS.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 10:23:38 AM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2011, 11:07:28 AM »
I lost aceshigh for Xmas.(And my job)  :cry

I know, economy sucks.  good luck.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2011, 02:32:30 PM »

yup found the d/l page, d/l the game and never went back to it. 

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.