Author Topic: World of Aircraft...vs...Aces High...We need to WIN  (Read 15512 times)

Offline nasty

• Zinc Member
World of Aircraft...vs...Aces High...We need to WIN
« on: December 29, 2011, 10:00:11 PM »

Hello,

Now i have been playing AH for about 2 or maybe 3 years now, and I fear another game may take it out. Recently wargameing.com has released the trailer for World of Aircraft. If this game is anything like World of Tanks it will have amazing graphics and sounds...not to say it will most likely be free. Now my thing is that the graphics in AH2 reselmble atari. If the game is to be popular you need to advirtise and have realy good graphics. I love the game and I play it alot...but paying $15 a month for a game that I get dis connected from and that looks like it the graphics have not changed from 2002 is not a good fealing. I want to play a game that I can have fun on and also say, Oh yeah thats the amazing life like game I play! Not to be rude but with us paying $15 a month you should be able to invest in making the game better. I would hate to see AH2 be killed off by WoA but it might just happen. So please take this email seriously, and keep AH2 up with the best PC games!

The M1 Garand is the greatest battle implement ever divised.
-General George S Patton JR

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
Re: World of Aircraft...vs...Aces High...We need to WIN
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 10:02:01 PM »
     If eyecandy is what you are attracted to, best of luck.
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2011, 10:25:39 PM »
The preview screenshots of the P-39 were not as good as the AH2 P-39.  While the terrain looked much higher resolution, it also had a cramped feeling.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline SilverZ06

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2011, 10:38:33 PM »
HTC wont move forward because they are worried about losing the people playing on old pos machines. While I love AH, it is getting stale, same old maps day after day, same old hordes day after day, and we get a jump in graphics every year or so that is still 5 or more years behind current games. Sure the flight model is fantastic but give me some eye candy to go with it. This next "upgrade" shows grass...... :bhead

Offline Pigslilspaz

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2011, 10:51:32 PM »
Yes, but the graphics in AH is probably the most demanding of any game I have played. I can Run BF3 on max settings, no problem, not so much with AH.

Quote from: Superfly
The rules are simple: Don't be a dick.
Quote from: hitech
It was skuzzy's <----- fault.
Quote from: Pyro
We just witnessed a miracle and I want you to @#$%^& acknowledge it!

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2011, 11:02:39 PM »
I can run AH on max..... with 1 FPS. 2 if I'm looking through a zoomed in bombsight over water.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2011, 11:29:17 PM »
Geez.  What kinds of computers do you guys have?

I have a six year old processor on 2gb of RAM feeding a one year old $100 budget card and, other than shadows being down a notch or two, I run AH at max detail and ~20-30fps.

Granted, I have a lower resolution screen right now, only 1440x900.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Daddkev

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2011, 11:46:43 PM »
 :noid :noid :noid 1 game....dont cheat on it! :old: :furious
God Bless America
Go tell Momm, im flying! and make me a sandwich !
EvilKev

2012 68KO Cup 1st Place finisher

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2011, 11:53:44 PM »

Hello,

Now i have been playing AH for about 2 or maybe 3 years now, and I fear another game may take it out. Recently wargameing.com has released the trailer for World of Aircraft. If this game is anything like World of Tanks it will have amazing graphics and sounds...not to say it will most likely be free. Now my thing is that the graphics in AH2 reselmble atari. If the game is to be popular you need to advirtise and have realy good graphics. I love the game and I play it alot...but paying $15 a month for a game that I get dis connected from and that looks like it the graphics have not changed from 2002 is not a good fealing. I want to play a game that I can have fun on and also say, Oh yeah thats the amazing life like game I play! Not to be rude but with us paying $15 a month you should be able to invest in making the game better. I would hate to see AH2 be killed off by WoA but it might just happen. So please take this email seriously, and keep AH2 up with the best PC games!

It would help get your point across and better articulate your position if you could state your concerns and suggestions clearly using proper English grammar.  Spell check if you are not sure.  Microsoft Word ranked this document at a third grade level.   
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2011, 11:54:00 PM »
HTC wont move forward because they are worried about losing the people playing on old pos machines. While I love AH, it is getting stale, same old maps day after day, same old hordes day after day, and we get a jump in graphics every year or so that is still 5 or more years behind current games. Sure the flight model is fantastic but give me some eye candy to go with it. This next "upgrade" shows grass...... :bhead

So do you want "eye candy", or realistic flight models?  If the ground looked better would the flight models be even better for you???   :headscratch:
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2011, 12:57:12 AM »

have you played world of tanks?  have you look at their painted landscapes?  their graphics are not that great and look more cartoonish than some guys here at the blue oyster bar on singles night.  specially look at the tanks when they get killed and tell me it looks realistic, i think it's laughable when compared to the turret blowing up in ah.  I am still laughing at how tanks will disappear when in middle of the street and keep thinking that airplanes will be able to "cloak" also when wop is released if you buy enough gold.

how far can you see tanks in wot?  how far can you see them moving in ah?

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2011, 01:01:11 AM »
If you dig around on the WoP sight for their videos you will find some ingame player alpha testing videos. There is one from the bridge of a ship. Graphics looks the same as AH while the waves are taller but the funky bow wake looks the same. I suspect the trailers are on par with japanamation animated features rather than actual players taking films of a scenario to sucker you in by promising you what you want to see.

Marketing in this case is about lieing to you with what you want to see and letting you convince others you have seen the real deal to entice them to follow you back to take a peek. Don't you think that company has worked dilligently to find out what is a general gripe for a generic group of players about Aces High? All they really had to do was register on our forum to run searches and get a few accounts and play AH for awhile. Then throw out some animated HiRes trailers that look too good to be true and there will be AH players taking a look.

Why don't you be honest and tell HiTech you are threatening him with this if he dosen't give you what you want ASAP? There is no other reason to put up a post about how wonderful the competition is while trashing Hitech's game in his own house. Did you come to AH to fight in airplanes or smell the roses and look at the sunset with nuns in the tour bus?

Last I checked the thing is not out of alpha yet. Nasty are you one of about a dozen Aces High players who have been in their alpha all this time? I noticed one very famous AH player is in their alpha.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2011, 01:08:01 AM »
AH may be behind on the graphics, but they have something that IL2 or this new game may not use historic AC performance.   
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline Ruah

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2011, 01:10:41 AM »
not convinced its a good game. . . and guessing from how they managed WoT, it will depart from any degree of realism very quickly.  If anything, I think it will pull a lot of people into the genre and once they start looking for a real challenge - they will start trying out AH.

Kommando Nowotny
I/JG 77, 2nd Staffel
Mediterranean Maelstrom
HORRIDO

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2011, 01:11:16 AM »
AH may be behind on the graphics, but they have something that IL2 or this new game may not use historic AC performance.   

If only that were enough...  Alas, I fear that it is not...  I fear that both will be required for Aces High to survive...

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder