Author Topic: AH2 Remember when?  (Read 3868 times)

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: AH2 Remember when?
« Reply #105 on: January 09, 2012, 08:52:43 PM »
I remember Denholm airport map in H2H. Buzzing the tower and was like a lighter hearted version of Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004.

I remember epic custom maps, including 2 V-Bases joined by a huge bridge (looked like the Golden Gate), with shore batteries on both sides, epic tank battles in between.
I remember a map with volcanoes and of course, snow maps.

I remember the day the "endless bombs" hack was seen in H2H, and everyone went nuts.
I remember Skuzzy coming into a server (with text only), and asking what the hell was going on. When myself and a few other players told him what was happening, he didn't believe us, and kicked me out of the server (probably because I called him a dummy for not seeing this  :o :lol).

I remember about two weeks later, H2H was shut down (indefinitely), and of course I was pissed and left the game, didn't come back until last year.

I remember a few old names, Denholm, Blue (not sure if that's his name, but he hosted a server with MA settings, and an excellent P38 pilot that taught me pretty much everything), and B2B (which I still see  :aok), and a bunch of other that I've forgotten.

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #106 on: January 09, 2012, 09:11:55 PM »
First "con" mission I ever witnessed. Flying PT Boats. My brother Flayed1 found where HiTech's PT aerial spawn point was and orbited it with his B26's, the result of which Hitech was shot down (or sunk, if you prefer) five times.

(Flayed, correct my story if I'm wrong, but I think that's how it went.) ;)

Lol I remember that, Slash was driving the PT boat and I was gunning. That PT was wicked the way it moved. I almost puked a couple times. :lol

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #107 on: January 09, 2012, 09:13:17 PM »
I think the muppet's tried to put 2 missions together to face each other in the middle of an ocean.

Those 20+ vs 20+ was the only time a good ol' fashion air battle happened, I can't remember how long ago.

/90mph down hill race to slam into a sheep.
JG 52

Offline jtdragon

• Copper Member
« Reply #108 on: January 10, 2012, 12:05:34 AM »
Winter map with snow and ice, tanks sliding everywhere.
JT

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #109 on: January 10, 2012, 04:32:37 PM »
The Kill Chat buffer.  You know, back in 2000/2001 when every single kill was reported in bright grey letters in the channel 1 (the old 200) chat report buffer. 

It was really cool seeing the results of verbal sparring on the ch1/200 result in the death of somebody pretty much in real time.  It gave everyone a lot of laughs when you would see somebody beaking off and then being reported as a kill by the person they were just yapping at. 

I wish they would bring it back as a tunable channel, like 201 or something, for those of us that wished to follow it.  It also gave pilots a sense of accomplishment without having to "land" their kills to get their name in the lights.

Bring it back!  Bring it back!

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
« Reply #110 on: January 10, 2012, 11:24:50 PM »
The Kill Chat buffer.  You know, back in 2000/2001 when every single kill was reported in bright grey letters in the channel 1 (the old 200) chat report buffer. 

It was really cool seeing the results of verbal sparring on the ch1/200 result in the death of somebody pretty much in real time.  It gave everyone a lot of laughs when you would see somebody beaking off and then being reported as a kill by the person they were just yapping at. 

I wish they would bring it back as a tunable channel, like 201 or something, for those of us that wished to follow it.  It also gave pilots a sense of accomplishment without having to "land" their kills to get their name in the lights.

Bring it back!  Bring it back!

We used Macro's for that back in AW :aok