Author Topic: wtf little ponies?  (Read 2373 times)

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: wtf little ponies?
« Reply #90 on: January 04, 2012, 07:02:20 AM »
I wonder if the pigs got mocked so much when they announced they liked fat farm animals that roll around in the mud all day... :bhead

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #91 on: January 04, 2012, 07:12:08 AM »
Probably not.  Pigs give us bacon, ponies just leave toejam.  Pigs win.
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #92 on: January 04, 2012, 07:12:26 AM »
I wonder if the pigs got mocked so much when they announced they liked fat farm animals that roll around in the mud all day... :bhead

The difference is that everyone respects swine.

Bacon does not come from ponies, Chuck...
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #93 on: January 04, 2012, 09:08:56 AM »
The difference is that everyone respects swine.

Bacon does not come from ponies, Chuck...
Ponies=horses.
Horses=Much respect through manual labor, racing, and other uses Humans have found for them.

Pigs rolls around in the mud all day until they get fat and we decide to eat them.

I mean, respecting pigs over horses is your choice bro.  Maybe you should roll in the mud with them...  :uhoh

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #94 on: January 04, 2012, 09:17:57 AM »
Ponies=horses.
Horses=Much respect through manual labor, racing, and other uses Humans have found for them.

Pigs rolls around in the mud all day until they get fat and we decide to eat them.

I mean, respecting pigs over horses is your choice bro.  Maybe you should roll in the mud with them...  :uhoh

You really have no idea what you are talking about.  I was raised on a farm.  Pigs are the one of the cleanest animals on a farm.  The reason they love the mud has to do with keeping thier skin from drying out.  Pigs do a pretty good job of taking care of themselves.  Horses, not so much.

If you want a filthy animal to pick on, then pick on the chicken.  They are just nasty.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #95 on: January 04, 2012, 09:23:13 AM »
You really have no idea what you are talking about.  I was raised on a farm.  Pigs are the one of the cleanest animals on a farm.  The reason they love the mud has to do with keeping thier skin from drying out.  Pigs do a pretty good job of taking care of themselves.  Horses, not so much.

If you want a filthy animal to pick on, then pick on the chicken.  They are just nasty.

Chicken are the filthiest creatures I have ever had the displeasure of raising...

Still can't beat Bacon and Fried chicken embryos for breakfast, though  :aok

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #96 on: January 04, 2012, 09:23:59 AM »
You really have no idea what you are talking about.  I was raised on a farm.  Pigs are the one of the cleanest animals on a farm.  The reason they love the mud has to do with keeping thier skin from drying out.  Pigs do a pretty good job of taking care of themselves.  Horses, not so much.

If you want a filthy animal to pick on, then pick on the chicken.  They are just nasty.

Very true you can smell a chicken farm for miles.

They are sooo good though.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #97 on: January 04, 2012, 09:33:59 AM »

Nooo skuzzy. Mentioning that pigs do nothing but roll in the mud all day was more pointing out their common image compared to horses, Than the hygiene of both animals.

I grew up on a farm aswell in southern ohio. We personally did not have pigs, but our neighbors did. They smelled pretty bad. Windy days the smell would blow all the way to our farm.I remember my grandfather storming over to our neighbors house a couple of times to complain about it. I guess it just depends on the pigs tho.  Our horses mostly kept themselves cleaned. Loved the pond my grandfather had. Granted, they did step in manure all the time, But overall they never smelled as bad as the pigs.

Anyways, It was more a discussion of public image. I was wondering if the pigs got so much flak for basing themselves off the image of pigs that pretty much roll in the mud, until they are fat enough for food.

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #98 on: January 04, 2012, 09:42:34 AM »
Nooo skuzzy. Mentioning that pigs do nothing but roll in the mud all day was more pointing out their common image compared to horses, Than the hygiene of both animals.

I grew up on a farm aswell in southern ohio. We personally did not have pigs, but our neighbors did. They smelled pretty bad. Windy days the smell would blow all the way to our farm.I remember my grandfather storming over to our neighbors house a couple of times to complain about it. I guess it just depends on the pigs tho.  Our horses mostly kept themselves cleaned. Loved the pond my grandfather had. Granted, they did step in manure all the time, But overall they never smelled as bad as the pigs.

Anyways, It was more a discussion of public image. I was wondering if the pigs got so much flak for basing themselves off the image of pigs that pretty much roll in the mud, until they are fat enough for food.

A farmer complaining about how another farm smelled?

I'm sorry I missed the pig farmer's reaction to that one...

Did he just burst out laughing outright or did he tell him to go piss up a rope, as well?       :rofl

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #99 on: January 04, 2012, 09:46:16 AM »
Pigs are like cats and really have no odor to speak of.  The smell is usually from the pit/stye, which can get pretty rank if it is not cleaned regularly.  Then again, the smell could be from a hen house as well.

Hey, a horse stable does not smell so sweet either.

If you were raised on a farm with chickens, pigs, horses, goats, and cattle then you learn to live with the stench of manure as it will, eventually, permeate everything.  You also learn the pig pit was not the worst place to work.

By the way, if you were on a farm, how did you notice another farms odor?  All wind did was move the source of the smell from one area of a farm to another area of the same farm.  The nearest farm to us was about a 20 minute drive, as we also had cattle.  Also, how do you know it was from the pig pit?
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #100 on: January 04, 2012, 10:01:11 AM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 10:26:34 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #101 on: January 04, 2012, 10:02:13 AM »
Your ignorant.

Our farm wasent very big. Just a few acres for the horses (And cows when we had them). Our farm never rly had a BAD smell to it. My grandfather was very strict on keeping the barn clean.every second Monday was cleaning out the manure around the barn with the tractor and ether spreading it in the garden or way back in the field. Tuesday was cleaning out the actual stalls and the haytrofts. Wednesday was cleaning out the chickenhouse and giving them fresh hay for their nests along with washing out their feedtrofts.

I knew the smell was from the pigs because our neighbor had his pigpen almost right up against our fence. And the times my granfather sent me to inspect the fence, I'd smell the odor whenever i was close to the pigpen. Never really smelled it anywheres else. Not on our farm atleast. im not saying our farm didn't smell a bit, But not as bad as those pigs did.  The only animals our neighbors kept were pigs, A painted horse for their daughter, and cattle. But his cattle were WAYY back in the woods across the street. The neighbors house from ours was maybe a 3 min walk across the field.
but idk, Maybe it was the pigpen itself and not the pigs, Our neighbor pretty much threw any slop in there for them to eat. Never did see him clean it. But i do know they smelled worse than anything on our farm.   :uhoh

YOU'RE batting 1000 today.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #102 on: January 04, 2012, 10:04:13 AM »
YOU'RE batting 1000 today.

:rofl      :rofl

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #103 on: January 04, 2012, 10:07:23 AM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 10:26:47 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #104 on: January 04, 2012, 10:24:24 AM »
See Rule #4