Author Topic: 1946  (Read 4793 times)

Offline EVZ

• Nickel Member
« on: January 05, 2012, 12:42:48 PM »
How about a -WHAT IF?- arena with an altenative reality of the war continuing into 1946? This is a LONG TERM concept looking into the future of AH, not a wish for immediate gratification ... maybe it's unrealistic, but ??? it MIGHT appeal to quite a few people? It could include many of the aircraft / vehicles people WANT that don't seem to qualify for inclusion in LW. Tiger Cat, Bearcat, F80, P51H, Meteor, B36, WHAT ELSE?

In this thread, I won't be responding to the disruptive element that wants to Deny Any Possibility of the game developing in this direction. Ignoring them seems the best policy. I recommend it.
:)
I am my Ideal ! - You may now return to your petty bickering.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Re: 1946
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 01:46:46 PM »
Bleh, no.  Lets stop this drive for "Whatever is added has to dominate what we already have" attitude.

HiTech's comment reported in the Do335 thread already leaves the F7F, F8F, He162, Ki-102, Meteor Mk III (already known due to the last poll), Spitfire F.21 and Tempest Mk VI as options.

The other problem with many 1946/47 planes is that flight data is not available for a wide selection of them.  The J7W1, as an example, looks really interesting, but who knows how it would have performed as it only ever did its initial, gear down, test flights.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Bino

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2012, 01:58:02 PM »
Personally, I would much rather see AH remain a "modeled-on-real-life" flightsim than become a "what-if" flightsim.

"The plural of 'anecdote' is not 'data'." - Randy Pausch

PC Specs

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2012, 02:18:59 PM »
I would be interested of any account of a Bearcat or Tigercat expending a single round of ammo on any thing that was (or was of) an enemy in 1945.

back to the OP...IMO we still have some "WHAT WAS" stuff outstanding.................. ...
Ludere Vincere

Offline FBCrabby

• Nickel Member
      • AHFreebirds.com
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2012, 02:20:29 PM »
C.200 saetta...

:noid
AH-Freebirds.com - FB$ - Proud Squadron Of Aces High II

Actively Recruiting! - Join FB$ Today!

Offline B-17

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2012, 02:45:47 PM »
:X

HE MENTIONED THE PEACEMAKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rock :rock :rock :rock

:D :D :D :D

Except that then nukes would basically certainly HAVE to be added, because that's what it was-- nuke warz!! :x

Second thought: the B-36 was asked for by the U.S gov in '41 (I think) as a representation of the ability to bomb heartland Europe from the States, should the British lose it all. Much like Germany's Amerika Bomber project.

Offline EVZ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2012, 02:54:33 PM »
C.200 saetta...
That's an easy one ... just scale your throttle control back to 80% and fly a C.202
:O ... 1946 not 1936

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2012, 03:02:15 PM »
That's an easy one ... just scale your throttle control back to 80% and fly a C.202
:O ... 1946 not 1936
Not really.  A Daimler Benz 601 weighs a lot more than a Fiat radial engine.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline EVZ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2012, 03:08:52 PM »
Except that then nukes would basically certainly HAVE to be added, because that's what it was-- nuke warz!! :x
In proposing a "what if" 1946 Arena, I was presuming that the "BOMB" was never used or if it was, it fizzled... Maybe the new weapons and suicide attacks were more effective in that world and the war continued.

Second thought: the B-36 was asked for by the U.S gov in '41 (I think) as a representation of the ability to bomb heartland Europe from the States, should the British lose it all. Much like Germany's Amerika Bomber project.
Yeah, I think so, part of the same reasoning that prompted the Hercules development and other related projects. Were any of the Russian Heavys ready in 46?
:rock

Offline B-17

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2012, 03:25:54 PM »
In proposing a "what if" 1946 Arena, I was presuming that the "BOMB" was never used or if it was, it fizzled... Maybe the new weapons and suicide attacks were more effective in that world and the war continued.
Yeah, I think so, part of the same reasoning that prompted the Hercules development and other related projects. Were any of the Russian Heavys ready in 46?
:rock

Good idea. "What if" all the stuff burnt up/had coffee spilt on it/all the scientists died. Or something :P

Like the Tu-95 and 142 and all that stuff? I don't think so. They had the Pe-8 though :O that might be nice...

The I-300 (first soviet jet) on April 23rd, I think?

And the La-150. In september.

Offline EVZ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2012, 03:29:02 PM »
Good idea. "What if" all the stuff burnt up/had coffee spilt on it/all the scientists died. Or something :P
Radiation Poisoning?
:devil

Offline AKP

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2012, 03:34:20 PM »
I dont think the HTC staff needs to spend any time putting things into the game that go beyond the actual timeline of WW2.  The reason is... there are many planes that need to be added... that were in WW2... that have not yet been added.  The Japanese planeset is woefully incomplete.  So are the Russian and Italian planesets.  Not to mention there are countries that were in the war just as France (yeah yeah... spare me the jokes) that have no representation at all.

I think that perhaps... once the WW2 planes and vehicles are more complete... and the older, less realistic 3d models have all be updated... sure... why not go in a new direction.  Korea...  UBoats... whatever.  

From the postings I catch from the HTC staff here and there... they have a vision of what AH is to be.  So far... I havent seen any indication of that vision including anything beyond WW2.  But hey... we werent expecting WW1 either.  

You just never know.

***G3-MF***

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2012, 03:36:00 PM »
HiTech's comment reported in the Do335 thread already leaves the F7F, F8F, He162, Ki-102, Meteor Mk III (already known due to the last poll), Spitfire F.21 and Tempest Mk VI as options.

Could you point me to it, couldn't find it. Would like to read it.
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline B-17

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2012, 03:44:12 PM »
I dont think the HTC staff needs to spend any time putting things into the game that go beyond the actual timeline of WW2.  The reason is... there are many planes that need to be added... that were in WW2... that have not yet been added.  The Japanese planeset is woefully incomplete.  So are the Russian and Italian planesets.  Not to mention there are countries that were in the war just as France (yeah yeah... spare me the jokes) that have no representation at all.

I think that perhaps... once the WW2 planes and vehicles are more complete... and the older, less realistic 3d models have all be updated... sure... why not go in a new direction.  Korea...  UBoats... whatever. 

From the postings I catch from the HTC staff here and there... they have a vision of what AH is to be.  So far... I havent seen any indication of that vision including anything beyond WW2.  But hey... we werent expecting WW1 either. 

You just never know.

I'll answer for you, EVZ :P

He was just wondering that if/when HTC has done all that is feasible with WWII, then what could potentially be added to a post-war arena/ an arena that provides one possiblility for the war had it not stopped in '45.

Offline B-17

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2012, 03:49:56 PM »
Wish: I WISH I had the YB-40/we should have the YB-40/I Want the YB-40.

This thread, along with many others: maybe someday, WHEN POSSIBLE, wouldn't it be cool to have this? If yes, what would happen?