Author Topic: Calibrating cruiser guns  (Read 877 times)

Offline Coronado

• Nickel Member
Calibrating cruiser guns
« on: January 07, 2012, 08:36:36 AM »
Step by step anyonme?   used to be map point and click and fire...  now they've complicated the ship guns and dumbed down the tanks.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Calibrating cruiser guns
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 08:56:01 AM »
Step by step anyonme?   used to be map point and click and fire... 

Still is. Q,shftQ, ctrlQ to switch between modes, Land Mode = click on reference point on map.

now they've complicated the ship guns and dumbed down the tanks.

have you noted how ultra-ling range shooting has become much more difficult due to tanks not having that insane zoom level, or free head movement in gunners position anymore?
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Coronado

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2012, 09:39:52 AM »
i don't mind the sighting on the tanks,, but i think with a few of the sweetheartbag tardlings running around in jeeps killing tanks,, they should make all  pintle guns swing 180 degrees.

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2012, 11:25:43 AM »
I think HTC should post that it is not allowed to drive a jeep or other vehicle INSIDE another to kill it, and then suspend anyone who does it. Much like giving away the locations of enemy CVs is taken care of.

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2012, 11:38:25 AM »
I think HTC should post that it is not allowed to drive a jeep or other vehicle INSIDE another to kill it, and then suspend anyone who does it. Much like giving away the locations of enemy CVs is taken care of.

You can see exactly that happening here. @ 2:30 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BssCcEDENDI&list=UUGJG5MO8EzB5HA4u6Q4QXow&index=24&feature=plcp

Turn enemy GV collisions on please.
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline Klam

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2012, 11:41:26 AM »

LOL didn't know you could do that  :lol

Sheesh!  Things people try in this game.......

Remember watching someone do the Cuban 8 "Lancastuka" over a V field once, hehe.  Was hilarious.

Back to the OP.  I don't like the ships guns much but the tank seems ok
=Anglo-Saxon=

ingame ID: Petrol

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2012, 11:50:51 AM »
You can see exactly that happening here. @ 2:30 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BssCcEDENDI&list=UUGJG5MO8EzB5HA4u6Q4QXow&index=24&feature=plcp

Due to lag they can't turn it on. GV move much slower and the collisions from just running any where near another GV  would make it look like a pinball game.

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2012, 12:06:29 PM »
Well that's unfortunate.  Maybe 1 way armor on the inside of GVs might help?
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2012, 12:58:50 PM »
Due to lag they can't turn it on. GV move much slower and the collisions from just running any where near another GV  would make it look like a pinball game.

surely the lag effects faster moving objects more than slower ones?  :headscratch:
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2012, 01:10:44 PM »
It effects all things aside from the tower/hanger it seems.

Ever sat on a carrier deck with a few others sitting on the deck?  They move apart and soon you will be the only one on the deck with the others hovering nearby.

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2012, 02:43:29 PM »
surely the lag effects faster moving objects more than slower ones?  :headscratch:

the difference I see is in a plane as your flying along at 300+ a flip of your stick and you miss by 50 feet. A flick of the stick while screaming along in a GV at 18+ means nothing. So you don't see the same issues in planes so they collide.

Offline WOZ30BAT

• Zinc Member
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2012, 10:39:00 AM »
What am I doing wrong in Sea Mode? When I'm in it, the guns are pointing elsewhere from where the crosshair is. Land Mode works fine. I thought Sea Mode takes your ship's motion into account & keeps the gun trained in the area of the direction you were shooting.
IN Game: Sidious

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2012, 11:19:45 AM »
What am I doing wrong in Sea Mode? When I'm in it, the guns are pointing elsewhere from where the crosshair is. Land Mode works fine. I thought Sea Mode takes your ship's motion into account & keeps the gun trained in the area of the direction you were shooting.

The way sea mode works, you fire a shot and it zeroes out the counters in the display.  You'll then notice if you fire again, it will hit that same spot.  If you move the stick in any direction, the counters change to show you where you will hit relative to your last shot, so if you move it to the right, it will start counting up to show how far from your last shot the next round will hit, and in what direction.  This obviously only applies if the ships don't turn to move your last impact point out of your range of motion.

Hope that makes sense.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2012, 04:51:57 PM »

LOL didn't know you could do that  :lol

Sheesh!  Things people try in this game.......

Remember watching someone do the Cuban 8 "Lancastuka" over a V field once, hehe.  Was hilarious.

Back to the OP.  I don't like the ships guns much but the tank seems ok

This was fixed a few patches ago.

Guns won't fire when inside an object now. Not when sticking in a house, a hill or another gv.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline Buckaroo

• Zinc Member
      • 3-in-1: Lathe_Mill_Drill (metal machine shop)
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2012, 06:06:22 AM »
i don't mind the sighting on the tanks,, but i think with a few of the sweetheartbag tardlings running around in jeeps killing tanks,, they should make all  pintle guns swing 180 degrees.

I have not tried this or knew about it.

I am going to become a sweetheartbag tardling just for fun.

Used to be able to bail pilot into a tank battle, walk up behind a Panzer and kill with .45 pistol into its gas tank.

If anybody is going to suspend me, at least wait until I can attain get-back for all the times people have run their vehicle inside mine and killed me many times.