Author Topic: Douglas A-26 Invader  (Read 3439 times)

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Re: Douglas A-26 Invader
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2012, 03:12:59 PM »
There was the glassnose aswell.

But yeh, US planeset is way too overrepresented compared to the other countries for it to be added anytime soon.
The A-26 didn't handle altitude very well.  It was no B-29, Mosquito Mk XVI or Ar234.

well the other country's planeset is underrepresented most likely because they suck so bad they will be hangar queens.  I understand having some of those planes but if they only are used twice a year in scenarios then why add them?

semp
There are many non-American aircraft that don't suck that could be added.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2012, 09:29:36 PM »
A sample of viable in the LWA non-American aircraft for those who hold that was the primary qualification to be added:

British
Fairey Firefly
Halifax
Meteor Mk III

German:
Do217
He162
He177A-5
Ju188A-1

Italian:
G.55
P.108
Re2005

Japanese:
B7A2 'Grace'
D4Y 'Judy'
H8K2 'Emily'
J2M3 'Jack'
J2M5 'Jack'
Ki-44 'Tojo'
Ki-100
Ki-102 'Randy'
P1Y1 'Frances'

Russian:
Il-10
Pe-2
Tu-2
Yak-3
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2012, 10:30:02 PM »
A sample of viable in the LWA non-American aircraft for those who hold that was the primary qualification to be added:

British
Fairey Firefly
Halifax
Meteor Mk III

German:
Do217
He162
He177A-5
Ju188A-1

Italian:
G.55
P.108
Re2005

Japanese:
B7A2 'Grace'
D4Y 'Judy'
H8K2 'Emily'
J2M3 'Jack'
J2M5 'Jack'
Ki-44 'Tojo'
Ki-100
Ki-102 'Randy'
P1Y1 'Frances'

Russian:
Il-10
Pe-2
Tu-2
Yak-3

You need to give a valid reason why it shouldn't be added, it meets all requirements to be added to aces high, so your argument is invalid, simply vote "no" if you don't want it.

JG 52

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2012, 10:59:47 PM »
You need to give a valid reason why it shouldn't be added, it meets all requirements to be added to aces high, so your argument is invalid, simply vote "no" if you don't want it.

I do want it added.  I was refuting guncrasher's claim that all non-American aircraft not added yet would suck.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2012, 11:13:48 PM »
I do want it added.  I was refuting guncrasher's claim that all non-American aircraft not added yet would suck.

the Italian planes you listed are a prime example of planes that suck. 

Semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2012, 11:20:59 PM »

Semp
In what way do they "suck"?

Note that they are not the early war, 840hp fighters that did the bulk of the fighting for the Italians.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2012, 12:39:45 AM »

Semp

You are displaying an overwhelming amount of ignorance. 

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline PAKFRONT

• Copper Member
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2012, 04:25:59 AM »
Left out the CR42..

Hell I'd like to try a CR32 vs an I15, or a kestrel engined 109..
But that's just me!
Youtube game channel, Megaflammenpost
Password of the day = DEMARKATION!

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2012, 04:51:23 AM »
You are displaying an overwhelming amount of ignorance. 

ack-ack

well akak since you are playing the bait and sink game as usual to prove your superior knowledge. but considering that all 3 airplanes had low production numbers, the fighters had few kills by ww2 standards and mostly against bombers. and the bomber, well it was slow and basically wasnt used as a bomber.  and you want to add them ahead of the a26 that was produced in higher numbers, had more impact in ww2 than those 3 combined.

just based on low numbers all 3 planes shouldnt even be considered for inclusion ahead of many others who had better production and actually saw more combat like the a26. so taking that into account in my uneducated opinion all 3 airplanes sucked.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2012, 05:13:39 AM »
well akak since you are playing the bait and sink game as usual to prove your superior knowledge. but considering that all 3 airplanes had low production numbers, the fighters had few kills by ww2 standards and mostly against bombers. and the bomber, well it was slow and basically wasnt used as a bomber.  and you want to add them ahead of the a26 that was produced in higher numbers, had more impact in ww2 than those 3 combined.

just based on low numbers all 3 planes shouldnt even be considered for inclusion ahead of many others who had better production and actually saw more combat like the a26. so taking that into account in my uneducated opinion all 3 airplanes sucked.

semp

'Irrevelant' is the word you are looking for, not 'suck'
now posting as SirNuke

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2012, 09:36:48 AM »

British
Fairey Firefly
Halifax
Meteor Mk III

German:
Do217
He162
He177A-5
Ju188A-1

Italian:
G.55
P.108
Re2005

Japanese:
B7A2 'Grace'
D4Y 'Judy'
H8K2 'Emily'
J2M3 'Jack'
J2M5 'Jack'
Ki-44 'Tojo'
Ki-100
Ki-102 'Randy'
P1Y1 'Frances'

Russian:
Il-10
Pe-2
Tu-2
Yak-3

This is a very good list of aircraft to can be, should be added LONG before the A26 should ever even be considered.   :aok

Oh, and **smacks Karnack backside of the head** you forgot the Wellington and D520!  for SHAME!  I'll give you some slack because you said "LW", but still.   ;)
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2012, 01:19:39 PM »
This is a very good list of aircraft to can be, should be added LONG before the A26 should ever even be considered.   :aok

Oh, and **smacks Karnack backside of the head** you forgot the Wellington and D520!  for SHAME!  I'll give you some slack because you said "LW", but still.   ;)
That is not a list of aircraft I would create to show what I thought should be added.  Many of those are pretty much irrelevant to the war, but they don't suck.

Some of them were relevant though, much more so than the A-26 which was itself pretty irrelevant.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2012, 03:12:44 PM »
My question is, what plane would get used the most. 

I would love to see the CR-32, IMHO the nicest looking fighting biplane.  It would be that LWMA rarity like the I-16.  You see it now an then, but the overwhelming number of folks run to LW planes.  For further inclusion into the game, I would look at style of airplanes most used in the MA.  The if added the A26 would likely result in a drop in 110, Mosquito, A20, and B-25 sorties.  Only, because it is a plane with similar capability.  But, it would get used nonetheless.  When Lusche throws up the stats, we will get a chance to see the juice/squeeze for the last few planes added.  Maybe then, quantifying this argument. 

Until then, Yes to the invader, the flight model is already out there.  It is sexier looking than the Beaufighter ( :neener: lyric)
If you are not GFC...you are wee!
Put on your boots boots boots...and parachutes..chutes...chutes.. .
Illigitimus non carborundum

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2012, 06:58:44 PM »
The A-26 will not get used that much when it is added because it will be perked.  If not for that, it is pretty far up the list of aircraft that will get used a lot and have not yet been added.

Due to that, I think the G.55, Re2005, P.108, H8K2, J2M, Ki-44, Yak-3, Tu-2, Ju188, Do217, He177, Halifax and Fairey Firefly would certainly be used more often.  The others I listed might or might not get used more often.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline matt

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2012, 07:17:22 PM »
+1