Author Topic: stall limter  (Read 1431 times)

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Re: stall limter
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2012, 02:31:49 PM »
Olds,

I have a good friend that always flew with it on.  His K/D was one of the best in the game.  I believe it has to do with your style of flying and also which aircraft that you fly.  The two areas of performance that stall limiter hurt my abilities were in cornering tight turn fights, and rope climbs.  Other than that, it generally does make the aircraft feel more controlled, I am not so sure about more responsive.

Ding ding ding.  Unless you are dog fighting your way out of a mess, stall limiter should not effect your game much.
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline shiv

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2012, 03:08:38 PM »
It'll cut down on your stalling right into the ground, which will give you less deaths by crashing. More fun with it off for me though.
You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2012, 04:16:41 PM »
in regards to my post about stall limiter being on  and using a mouse for your controller

I posted such on the theory that a mouse has no definite stops like a joystick or (game pad's mini joystick ) has, using a mouse one can easily cross the line of how far they are rolling left or right or going up and down, etc.......

outside of that, I strongly recommend people to learn Aces high without the Stall Limiter being enabled if at all possible

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2012, 04:20:28 PM »
in regards to my post about stall limiter being on  and using a mouse for your controller

I posted such on the theory that a mouse has no definite stops like a joystick or (game pad's mini joystick ) has, using a mouse one can easily cross the line of how far they are rolling left or right or going up and down, etc.......

outside of that, I strongly recommend people to learn Aces high without the Stall Limiter being enabled if at all possible

TC

absolutely...2 equal guys fighting same plane the one with Stall limiter on will always be at a disadvantage  :aok

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2012, 04:33:27 PM »
absolutely...2 equal guys fighting same plane the one with Stall limiter on will always be at a disadvantage  :aok

Only if they are dog fighting.  Jousting, BnZ, etc works fine with it on  :P
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2012, 04:41:57 PM »
Only if they are dog fighting.  Jousting, BnZ, etc works fine with it on  :P

thats what I was saying

:neener:

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2012, 04:43:42 PM »
yep... I have recently reloaded everything AH and forgot to switch the limiter off...if you know better it will be a hindrance....due to using predominantly one plane I noticed quite a difference not huge but enough to make things difficult when you needed to push things just a little bit more.....someone said here it would help to keep you from augering I found the opposite hahahaha just that little bit more would have allowed me clearance which is what I had become accustomed to...somebody else mentioned it felt like a stiff elevator/controls and this was my impression almost like you are not getting the full throw of your stick/pedals...

I would have to say that it would be of great help if using a mouse( just my opinion cause I can't even control a GV with the damned thing...I hold great respect for those who can turn and burn using a mouse) and if you fly with it and fight accordingly it wouldn't be such a problem ( just don't knife fight too much)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 04:45:22 PM by SPKmes »

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2012, 06:34:54 AM »
-"Im flying better with stall limiter on"
yet
-"Tophat, you mofo cheater, how can a k4 outturn a zeek??????? you HAXXXXX!!!1!!!"
its a LOL
 :aok
at that point i had it off, and i switched mouses again my old mouse was lagging so i had it on.
only a moron would use Dolby positioning in a game.
IGN: cutlass "shovels and rakes and implements of destruction"

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2012, 09:39:33 AM »
yep... I have recently reloaded everything AH and forgot to switch the limiter off...if you know better it will be a hindrance....due to using predominantly one plane I noticed quite a difference not huge but enough to make things difficult when you needed to push things just a little bit more.....someone said here it would help to keep you from augering I found the opposite hahahaha just that little bit more would have allowed me clearance which is what I had become accustomed to...somebody else mentioned it felt like a stiff elevator/controls and this was my impression almost like you are not getting the full throw of your stick/pedals...

I would have to say that it would be of great help if using a mouse( just my opinion cause I can't even control a GV with the damned thing...I hold great respect for those who can turn and burn using a mouse) and if you fly with it and fight accordingly it wouldn't be such a problem ( just don't knife fight too much)

It will keep you from losing control and augering. If your having to pull more Gs in a nose down attitude low.... it will assist your auger. lol
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)