Author Topic: TO thoese who say aces high as bad graphics.  (Read 6516 times)

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
Re: TO thoese who say aces high as bad graphics.
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2012, 04:52:23 PM »
Wings of Prey has a fantastic game engine. Back when I was testing the beta I could pretty much run the game maxed out and still achieve a triple digit frame rate. I've not touched it since because it wasn't a hard core sim.

Rise of Flight also looks fantastic but I would say that it's definitely not that well optimised.

IL2- Cliffs of Dover has fantastic plane models but that's about it:

« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 05:38:59 PM by Kazaa »

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2012, 04:56:57 PM »

IL2- Cliffs of Dover has fantastic plane models:

(Image removed from quote.)

Sadly like IL2, the flight model isn't up to par.  RoF on the other hand, has the eye candy and a flight model that is the equal, if not better than AH.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2012, 05:01:27 PM »
RoF on the other hand, has the eye candy and a flight model that is the equal, if not better than AH.

ack-ack

RoF's flight model definitely "feels" more right then AH's WW1 arena.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2012, 05:02:39 PM »
Sadly like IL2, the flight model isn't up to par.  RoF on the other hand, has the eye candy and a flight model that is the equal, if not better than AH.

ack-ack

But the game engine is not equal to WoP. The graphics between WoP and RoF are very similar, yet I can't run RoF without seeing a slideshow (unless on the very lowest settings), while I can run WoP maxed out with 60+ FPS.

Radeon 5570, 4GB RAM, Windows 7 32 Bit, 2.9GHz Core2Duo.

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2012, 05:16:34 PM »
How dose these pics look bad?
and this must look like its from 1998  :rolleyes:
and no image editing was used. my point for posting this is for the people who say "the bad graphics drive people away" how the??? how are these graphics bad? really get a new computer before you start making a bad rap for the games graphics when u can even run them on high and have video on 800x600 :rolleyes:

I don't believe you when you say no post production image editing was used. These images were clearly tampered with, you made AH look like Crysis with WW2 planes!!!

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2012, 05:26:04 PM »
But the game engine is not equal to WoP. The graphics between WoP and RoF are very similar, yet I can't run RoF without seeing a slideshow (unless on the very lowest settings), while I can run WoP maxed out with 60+ FPS.

Radeon 5570, 4GB RAM, Windows 7 32 Bit, 2.9GHz Core2Duo.

I got the same result when I tested RoF some time ago. I also didn't get much gain in FPS when lowering the settings, it was very odd.

Intel I7 @ 4.2Ghz
2x ATI 5850
6GB DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 05:39:34 PM by Kazaa »

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2012, 05:28:16 PM »
I got the same result when I tested RoF some time ago. I also didn't get much gain in FPS when lowering the settings, it was very odd.

Intel I7 @ 4.2Ghz
2x ATI 5850 OC
6GB DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz.

You might try RoF again, if it has been a long time since you tested it.  I had purchased it when it first came out, then shelved it for over a year.  When I came back to it a few months ago it seemed to run better then I had recalled.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2012, 05:37:17 PM »
You might try RoF again, if it has been a long time since you tested it.  I had purchased it when it first came out, then shelved it for over a year.  When I came back to it a few months ago it seemed to run better then I had recalled.

Thanks, I did exactly the same thing, shelved it. I'll give it another chance even though I'm not really into WWI era of aerial combat.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2012, 07:20:34 PM »
Il-2: Cliffs of Dover has absolutely beautiful graphics.  The Do-17 and He-111 in it are SEXY BEAST. :x

I think AH would EASILY contend (if not out right beat them) with the other flight sims that are out there in both eye candy AND flight modeling if they had the manpower and financial power that the others possess. :aok
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Peyton

• Copper Member
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2012, 07:30:27 PM »
What are the other 2 flight sims are you guys talking about and are they cool to play?

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2012, 08:01:46 PM »
Well at least IL2: Cliffs of Dover has the correct Barr & Stroud GM MKII gunsight in the spitI.

Round 76MM(3inch) glass with the 120Mil 100m.p.h. ring.

The generic MKII in our spitfires and Hurri is a MKII* POST BoB 1941 with the 114mm(4.5inch)  square glass. The corners of the glass should also have pronounced quarter rounds. Hitech must own a real one becasue one of the serial numbers show a (/48) in at the end of it which means it is a MKII* refurbished in 1948. Or it's one of Waffels jokes to catch players like me.

Our spitI and HurriI should have the MKII round reflector glass Barr&Stroud model.

By the way if you look in the Typhoon you will notice the glass reflector rectangle is rendered vertical in front of the projector lense rather than angled toward you from behind the projector lense on the MKII gunsight. It is not attached to the two angled mounting brakets. But, then again in the F4U-1 the projector glass does not render on top of the gunsight body. It's just a black metal plate and it looks like the lense is rendered under it. Oh the inhumanity of it alllll.....

Waffel could put a Type I MKIII Beumont modfied gunsight in the Typhoon which renders a dot on the inside of the windscreen. That would be accurate for the late war Typhoons. Thats what is being attempted in the Tempest by not rendering the MKII's(/48) with reflector plate. At least when the Mossi VI was remodeled it got a properly rendered MKIII N projecting the graticle onto the windscreen.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2012, 08:07:21 PM »
Rise of Flight.

Really Tobias?  Really?  Haven't seen that one.

:D

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2012, 08:19:02 PM »
Really Tobias?  Really?  Haven't seen that one.

:D

wrong, thanks for playing  :D

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2012, 08:24:41 PM »
What are the other 2 flight sims are you guys talking about and are they cool to play?

Wings of Prey, IL2: Cliff of Dover, and Rise of Flight.

The first two have poor modeling but excellent graphics. Rise of Flight has both but is WWI only, and requires a monster of a machine to run fully maxed out.

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2012, 08:28:31 PM »
Wings of Prey, IL2: Cliff of Dover, and Rise of Flight.

The first two have poor modeling but excellent graphics. Rise of Flight has both but is WWI only, and requires a monster of a machine to run fully maxed out.

What taxes your system with RoF is running the game with the terrain on max detail.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song