Author Topic: CV questions  (Read 1162 times)

Offline des506

• Nickel Member
      • The 354th FG
Re: CV questions
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2012, 07:48:25 AM »
In game, stopped CV's would become sitting ducks to bombers and shore batteries (as if they aren't already).  As already mentioned, aircraft wouldn't be able to launch, and the time it takes to stop, and bring back up to speed would make it's effectiveness benign.

I see zero positives in stopping a cv.

did you read my earlier posts? if not i suggest you do so before think aloud...i have already answered how it would/ might work.

let me reiterate how it might for your above questions AGAIN.

In game, stopped CV's would become sitting ducks to bombers and shore batteries you would prob be daft enough to stop a cv when under fire.. you may on the other hand do so if you want it to slow down a notch*maybe reverse gearing* to miss some torps or mislead buffs..

aircraft wouldn't be able to launch you would prob plan to move it and get it up to speed before you launch an attack. its all about proper planning

why can't it be stopped? unless someone can think of a way that people can manipulate the cv to make gameplay worse...it really seems feasible to me...

« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 07:50:45 AM by des506 »
DES 354th FG
The men dying out there have no choice... i have..i cannot order them into battle... i can perhaps lead them...Help them....Die with them
Manfred von Richthofen

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2012, 08:11:18 AM »
did you read my earlier posts? if not i suggest you do so before think aloud...i have already answered how it would/ might work.

let me reiterate how it might for your above questions AGAIN.

In game, stopped CV's would become sitting ducks to bombers and shore batteries you would prob be daft enough to stop a cv when under fire.. you may on the other hand do so if you want it to slow down a notch*maybe reverse gearing* to miss some torps or mislead buffs..

aircraft wouldn't be able to launch you would prob plan to move it and get it up to speed before you launch an attack. its all about proper planning

yup, I read the dribble.  Torp runs are short, and in only very rare instances would slowing or stopping cause a miss.  Turning is just as effective (likely more so).

Proper planning when it takes miles to get a WWII CV up to speed?  All it would take is one noob to halt the CV and it would take a long time to get it back up to speed. If you don't see that, you would be one of the ones I would worry most about miss use.

why can't it be stopped? unless someone can think of a way that people can manipulate the cv to make gameplay worse...it really seems feasible to me...

There are so many arm chair admirals out there, driving CV's into shore batteries, into PT spawns with ords up, and locking them while they are AFK so bombers can kill them, allowing a stoppage could only worsen a bad problem now. 

Given your recent posts des, it's clear you have no clue what you are doing.  Perhaps you should look at WOW, your ideas may float better there.
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline des506

• Nickel Member
      • The 354th FG
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2012, 08:32:12 AM »
yup, I read the dribble.  Torp runs are short, and in only very rare instances would slowing or stopping cause a miss.  Turning is just as effective (likely more so).

Proper planning when it takes miles to get a WWII CV up to speed?  All it would take is one noob to halt the CV and it would take a long time to get it back up to speed. If you don't see that, you would be one of the ones I would worry most about miss use. if thats the case whats the diff now if a noob can change the cv direction before you up?  if thats your worry about getting your cv up to speed then dun forget... you can take command of the cv and prevent that. unless you dun have the rank to... like someone said before... it takes a while for the cv to slow down... so just increase the speed back... are you so frightened of your own country men doing that to you? then take charge and dun follow the bandwagon

There are so many arm chair admirals out there, driving CV's into shore batteries, into PT spawns with ords up, and locking them while they are AFK so bombers can kill them, allowing a stoppage could only worsen a bad problem now.   if thats a prob now... how can it be worse if implemented? all you need is to ask someone in country with higher rank to relienqish his command... thats how its being done now... and it works perfectly.

Given your recent posts des, it's clear you have no clue what you are doing.how so? dun say something and can't back it up with reasons  Perhaps you should look at WOW, your ideas may float better there.hey... take the time to reflect on your own remarks... if you can't stand what i write... you dun have to reply to this thread....really... grow up kid...

« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 08:37:10 AM by des506 »
DES 354th FG
The men dying out there have no choice... i have..i cannot order them into battle... i can perhaps lead them...Help them....Die with them
Manfred von Richthofen

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2012, 08:48:10 AM »
One of your main reasons for stopping the cv is for better gunning . This means you are with in range of a base. A buff can up and bet to the cv before you could get it up to even 5 knots, making it a sitting duck. Also. A pt can spawn and get to speed much quicker and again the cb becomes a sitting duck.

Cvs are already too easy to sink, we don't need more ideas on how to make it easier.

Offline des506

• Nickel Member
      • The 354th FG
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2012, 08:57:20 AM »
One of your main reasons for stopping the cv is for better gunning . This means you are with in range of a base. A buff can up and bet to the cv before you could get it up to even 5 knots, making it a sitting duck. Also. A pt can spawn and get to speed much quicker and again the cb becomes a sitting duck.

Cvs are already too easy to sink, we don't need more ideas on how to make it easier.

i reckon if you do not have the advantage of surprise you would not stop the cv and would prob try to not drive it into a pt spawn if you meant to stop it...also what if the cvs has adjustable speed.. where you dun literally have to stop but sails real slowly....  true the cv would be a much easier target for pts and buffs, but dun forget.. guns are active too, which you can control in any case...
DES 354th FG
Manfred von Richthofen

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2012, 08:58:50 AM »
One of your main reasons for stopping the cv is for better gunning .

and the thing is, it's already ridiculously easy to gun from the task group, if you know what you're doing .. however, someone pointed out des might not.

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline des506

• Nickel Member
      • The 354th FG
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2012, 09:05:16 AM »
and the thing is, it's already ridiculously easy to gun from the task group, if you know what you're doing .. however, someone pointed out des might not.

its easy of cos.. but wouldn't it be easier if it stopped? whats the point of just keeping it moving if it can be stopped?
DES 354th FG
Manfred von Richthofen

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2012, 09:09:11 AM »
its easy of cos.. but wouldn't it be easier if it stopped? whats the point of just keeping it moving if it can be stopped?

no it would probably be harder, because you'd have the same view, and wouldn't be able to see behind certain town buildings as your viewpoint changes, etc.

think about things first!  :aok
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline des506

• Nickel Member
      • The 354th FG
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2012, 09:14:42 AM »
no it would probably be harder, because you'd have the same view, and wouldn't be able to see behind certain town buildings as your viewpoint changes, etc.

think about things first!  :aok

the thing is i have... have you? why i say i have is becos i would prob sail the boat to a perfect position where i can see both town centers and leave the rest to guesswork...  and maybe stop it somewhere close and sail to the perfect point?  let me ask you would you stop at someplace where you can't see a thing? or find the optimum position for guns since you can move and stop? the only thing i wouldn't like about it... is that town would go down much faster and white flagged... but that said... would be great for base take as well
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 09:18:34 AM by des506 »
DES 354th FG
Manfred von Richthofen

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2012, 09:25:01 AM »
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2012, 10:02:50 AM »
My question would be this...  In the real world, would a CV ever ever ever willingly come to a full stop anywhere but in a port?

Of course, in the real world, you would never have a CV within tank gunnery range from an enemy base either...   :rolleyes:

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2012, 10:19:54 AM »

No!

With the "Q" key (shift Q I think) and being able to click on the map to direct fire, you can easily walk fire all over the place (pay attention >>>) while the CV is moving (<<< pay attention). 

How much easier do you want it?  ( I was wrong about WOW, perhaps it's xBox you need)
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2012, 10:23:51 AM »
My question would be this...  In the real world, would a CV ever ever ever willingly come to a full stop anywhere but in a port?

nope never. for the same reasons it would never be done in AH by any commander with even half a clue.
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2012, 10:31:39 AM »
A ship is never.completely stopped unless its tied.to a dock. Even at anchorage the tides and current continually move the ship around.

Big no to this idea. Give it up. There is no good reason you could come up with that would get a cv to be stopped. They even resupply at 20 knots!

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2012, 10:48:46 AM »
it takes roughly 20 seconds for bombs to make it to the ground. it would take well over 4 minutes to get a CV to stop.

Yeah, about 19 seconds from 1,000ft and 21 seconds from 35,000ft.  Average is around 20 seconds  :old:
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.