Author Topic: I Have Been Asked For Gunsights Again  (Read 1292 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
I Have Been Asked For Gunsights Again
« on: January 11, 2012, 03:09:52 PM »
I've been asked for gunsights again by a few players.

The bomb/rocket ramps in the N3 and L31A have a slot in the middel of each stadia mark or they will be useless in the games ground clutter to aim with. The complete readme file links gunsights to aricraft.

Remember each (bmp) file needs it's (mil) file or you won't like the results.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
01/11/2012
AH2 Gunsight Pack
by: bustr

Contents - 23 gunsights

{***Mk8 gunsight is courtesy of "Saxman".***}
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All gunsights are built in 512x512 8bit bitmap mode. 1Mil = 2Pixel.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Copy each (bmp) file with it's same named (mil) file into your:

C:\Hitech Creations\Aces High\sights

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note:

The default head position in the japanese fighters is too far back for the historic gunsights to show correctly. Moving your default forward view far enough to just have the main rings show on the reflector plate is available for each aircraft.

The Revi gunsights may need to to be moved up a small bit to place the ring completely on the glass.

The default forward view in the C.202 and C.205 will have to be moved forward a tiny bit to make the 100Mil main rings fit on the reflector glass.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Download link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?zzf6e3uff8k2plu
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Raptor05121

• Nickel Member
Re: I Have Been Asked For Gunsights Again
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2012, 06:12:04 PM »
cool thanks
InGame: xRaptorx of the ***Alchemists***

Quote from: dirtdart
To suggest things that do not meet this basic criteria is equal to masturbation.  It may feel good to you, will not produce any tangible results, and you may be embarrassed if you get caught. 

Offline FTJR

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 01:36:37 AM »
Thanks
Bring the Beaufighter to Aces High
Raw Prawns      

B.O.S.S. "Beaufighter Operator Support Services" 
Storms and Aeroplanes dont mix

Offline Lab Rat 3947

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2012, 05:21:07 AM »
Thanks    :old:
LtngRydr
14th FG Grounded

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2012, 05:47:32 AM »
First sights I've downloaded, thanks!

Offline Raptor05121

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2012, 02:41:04 PM »
First sights I've downloaded, thanks!

anyone else use these yet? I put them in my sights folder and now every single plane does NOT have sights. I have to manually go in and change all of them
InGame: xRaptorx of the ***Alchemists***

Quote from: dirtdart
To suggest things that do not meet this basic criteria is equal to masturbation.  It may feel good to you, will not produce any tangible results, and you may be embarrassed if you get caught. 

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2012, 02:48:46 PM »
anyone else use these yet? I put them in my sights folder and now every single plane does NOT have sights. I have to manually go in and change all of them

you could be missing the default sight for some reason. But then again  its a good  thing you  have 23 other sights to  choose from. A list of  what planes  used what sights  would be nice  but I understand its  pretty labor intensive(thats why i dont wanna do it)
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2012, 05:15:47 PM »
Thats a new one loosing your gunsight associations. The readme file has the (plane-gunsight) associations. I refuse to include the files to automaticly mass associate it for you. This has to be your choice to make the changes to see if you even like my gunsights.

Does your sights folder still have individual text files for each aircraft in the game after you copied all of my files there like: (spit16.txt)

Inside of those text files should be the name of the last gunsight you chose for each plane from the gunsight preferences app in the hanger. None of the files in my zip package are capable of changing or overwriting any of those (airplane .txt) files that associate your gunsights to your aircraft. There is no (default.bmp) file either to overwrite your game installed (default.bmp) file.

There are only (.bmp) and (.mil) files with a single (readme.txt). You might get a copy or replace message for the Revi16b.bmp if you still have the HTC version of that file. Becasue of the updates and changes I'm constantly making to my gusnights, I'm always deleting and copying large groups of files in and out of the sights directory with and without the game running at the same time. I have never experienced your issue.

By any chance are you guys with this problem expanding the zip file directly to the /Sights folder? Or did you delete everything in that folder befor copying in my package?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2012, 12:20:53 AM »
This reply will keep this post visible for about the right amount of extra time to allow players to make downloads. This post will slip onto the 2nd page in about 2-5 days.

I can always be PM'd for these gunsights and their future updated versions.

Thank you everyone who has downloaded them.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline SectorNine50

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2012, 02:53:06 PM »
Heya bustr, do you want me to update the existing file on my server, or is it no longer needed?  I see mediafire allows you to download immediately... Very nice!
I'm Sector95 in-game! :-D

Offline Orbitson

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2012, 04:00:51 PM »
Thanks bustr...I was looking for a collection of sights  :salute   Now to figure out which ones work best for different planes guns and ords  :headscratch:
Syd*****Flying with The Floyd
By the way which one is Pink?

Offline mtnman

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2012, 09:50:57 PM »

I've had that happen a few times when I've done re-installs, etc.  I'm not sure what I did to make it happen. 

It actually took me a little while to realize that my sight was missing at first, which is how I learned that I don't really pay all that much attention to it.  And when I'd land or get shot down I'd forget to assign a sight so I'd go several hops without it.

I eventually load it back in but it's mainly because it looks weird to me to have no sight in place, lol.  All I use is the little dot sight.

I'd actually like to find a smaller dot sight than the one I have now, if anyone ever makes one.  I like the little dot in the F4U sight, but I don't like rings or lines around it.
MtnMan

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not". Thomas Jefferson

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2012, 01:08:31 AM »
Heya bustr, do you want me to update the existing file on my server, or is it no longer needed?  I see mediafire allows you to download immediately... Very nice!

SectorNine50,

Sorry I forgot about that. I've been updating packages to my squad's site so much lately mediafire gets around the upload limitations of my squad account. The last posting for your link is probably buried 20 pages ago. It looks like I get a PM about every 3-6 months for gunsights so the posting age for a page here is about right for the numbers interested in the package before it slips to page 2.

My apologies for being forgetfull. Your link was very helpfull when I started this nosense..... :)
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2012, 01:27:18 AM »

I'd actually like to find a smaller dot sight than the one I have now, if anyone ever makes one.  I like the little dot in the F4U sight, but I don't like rings or lines around it.

Thats a 6pixel diameter dot in Saxmans's MkVIII gunsight with vertical stadia mark ladder. My MkVIIIftr dot is 8pixel diameter. You just want a dot that tiny? Got a color preference, or would you like a variety? I've found a white/cyan blurred mix shows up best on most things in the game. Which dot were your refering to? 6 or 8 pixel or a sample of both?

Will take me a few minutes to build and offline verify once I know. Then I can PM you a download link.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline SectorNine50

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2012, 02:27:19 AM »
SectorNine50,

Sorry I forgot about that. I've been updating packages to my squad's site so much lately mediafire gets around the upload limitations of my squad account. The last posting for your link is probably buried 20 pages ago. It looks like I get a PM about every 3-6 months for gunsights so the posting age for a page here is about right for the numbers interested in the package before it slips to page 2.

My apologies for being forgetfull. Your link was very helpfull when I started this nosense..... :)

No worries at all, was just checking in!  This is probably an easier solution or you anyway, not having to send it to me and all that.
I'm Sector95 in-game! :-D