Author Topic: A New Forum Topic For Posting  (Read 642 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
A New Forum Topic For Posting
« on: January 12, 2012, 05:37:43 PM »
Since it's becoming all the rage to post as many links to "World of Planes" video's or start posts that lead players into granting themselves license to use WoP to cajol HTC with how AH should look and feel ASAP or eventualy loose their subscription.

HTC please put a sub topic forum under the O'Club where all and sundry can showcase their new found addiction. Title it: "WoPophiles"

Then as the Mod's do, relocate any cleverly veild WoP appreciation postings into the appropriate slop bucket where they can WoP themselves Silly.

I've looked at the videos and it looks and feels like a slightly more cartoonish IL2 with better bump mapping, full spectrum shadows on surfaces and bigger ocean wave movement than our current game version is running. The videos are also showcasing that their sun dosen't blow your eyes out of your head like our sun currently accomplishes. Obviously they read our forum and have employees and alpha testers playing our game.

I would question the reason a handful of our players keep us looking at WoP videos and talking about WoP's graphics and deatails.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
Re: A New Forum Topic For Posting
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 06:03:18 PM »
Dude world of planes, so kewl like World of warcraft, lets buddy up and mine some turnips for 8 hours so we can kill godzilla.
JG 52

Offline Devonai

• Copper Member
      • Reckless Faith
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 06:39:54 PM »
I have no interest in World of Planes.  That being said, competition is the second most important factor in driving innovation and pricing in commerce and industry.
Guns!  Aliens!  Talking cats!  My new Science Fiction adventure, now on Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com/David-Kantrowitz/e/B002BMHJPE/

Offline Raphael

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2012, 06:52:03 PM »
I would question the reason a handful of our players keep us looking at WoP videos and talking about WoP's graphics and deatails.
:noid

Remember 08/08/2012
 Youtube videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/raphael103/featured
Game ID => Raphael
XO of Jg5

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2012, 07:28:03 PM »
Competition is the heart of capitolism. In time even the Wallstreet 99% were evicted in the face of their important messages.

You should browse the wop forums some time. Reads like a number of Ex or disgrunteled AH players under new ID's. A few under thier AH ID's. Lots of verrrryyyy polite ankle hummping of the WoP management who seem strangely silent other than assigned forum representatives repeating promises of the Bright New World to come. So might as well give'em their own bucket to hump in here out behind the barn away from polite company. I doubt they are going to give up their WoP crusade for the hearts of sinners and converts so to say. Even the Hari Krishna's eventualy were asked to bang their bells in specific places so as to not impede the public.

I seem to remember Opus the penguin had it just about right ...."Hairy Fish Whats" or Fish Whutz or Fish Hutz something or another. I'll have to get out my big book of Bloom County and look that one up. Around 1986 I think..............
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2012, 07:54:59 PM »
in wot you would have a hard time discussion aces high game.  threads get locked faster than you can imagine.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2012, 08:10:48 PM »
in wot you would have a hard time discussion aces high game.  threads get locked faster than you can imagine.

semp

World of Tanks or the company wargaming.net has nothing to do with World of Planes by Gaijin Entertainment.  You are confusing World of Planes with World of Warplanes by wargaming.net.  Gaijin Entertainment has allowed discussions of other flight sims on their forums, unlike wargaming.net

ack-ack
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 08:12:44 PM by Ack-Ack »
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2012, 10:05:54 PM »
World of Tanks or the company wargaming.net has nothing to do with World of Planes by Gaijin Entertainment.  You are confusing World of Planes with World of Warplanes by wargaming.net.  Gaijin Entertainment has allowed discussions of other flight sims on their forums, unlike wargaming.net

ack-ack

my bad, didnt know that  :salute.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline 4Prop

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2012, 11:49:24 PM »
Dude world of planes, so kewl like World of warcraft, lets buddy up and mine some turnips for 8 hours so we can kill godzilla.

LOL