Author Topic: U.S. Military responds to urination on enemy corpses  (Read 2742 times)

Offline BaDkaRmA158Th

• Gold Member
Re: U.S. Military responds to urination on enemy corpses
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2012, 08:35:34 PM »
War is hell.  :salute
~383Rd RTC/CH BW/AG~
BaDfaRmA

My signature says "Our commitment to diplomacy will never inhibit our willingness to kick a$s."

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2012, 08:39:41 PM »
The healthy human mind doesn't wake up every morning thinking that today might be it's last day alive either. War is not healthy. Pissing on them was probably their therapy and their revenge. Wrong, yes, but understand why.

They weren't 'getting off' on it. Yes, they will probably need therapy and will have PTSD, but in an insane environment, people do insane things. It is war. The fight for them is NOT over until they are out of the country, and even then many still have to fight PTSD, or fight with rehabilitation after losing limbs. Sometimes their fight is NEVER over.
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2012, 08:45:39 PM »
Disgraceful, but not inexplicable.  I'd wager that being out there in the sticks, seeing your buddies ripped to shreds by IED's, mortars, and snipers would leave anyone itching for revenge.  It doesn't make it right though; the fight was over, and be they military, civilian, or space alien, it doesn't matter, peeing on dead bodies is not only wrong, but also rather creepy.  Those guys need some mental help- getting off by urinating on a corpse with your buddies isn't a sign of a healthy mind.

-Penguin

Says the little boy safe at home. Was it right no it wasn't, but there's only one person who posted in thread that I know of who has been in that situation and it's not you. Don't pass judgement on their mental condition until you've marched their shoes. Then thank your lucky stars you don't march in their shoes.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 08:48:30 PM by Shifty »

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline F22RaptorDude

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2012, 08:47:09 PM »
You won't piss on dead bodies of innocent people, I would piss on body's on non innocent people, but hey thats just me
Reaper in a T-50-2 Scout tank in 10 seconds flat

Offline BaDkaRmA158Th

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2012, 08:51:03 PM »
If in that situation those people were just trying to kill me, to take my life and deprive my ability to see my future and everything i know and love.

Pissing on someone who was just trying to kill me 5 minutes ago is just my way of saying "#$&^ you, i am alive"  :salute

~383Rd RTC/CH BW/AG~
BaDfaRmA

My signature says "Our commitment to diplomacy will never inhibit our willingness to kick a$s."

Offline F22RaptorDude

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2012, 08:53:47 PM »
If in that situation those people were just trying to kill me, to take my life and deprive my ability to see my future and everything i know and love.

Pissing on someone who was just trying to kill me 5 minutes ago is just my way of saying "#$&^ you, i am alive"  :salute

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :aok
Reaper in a T-50-2 Scout tank in 10 seconds flat

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2012, 09:17:45 PM »
To hell with it, I saw in the paper the other day, a couple of friends saw it too and went "Wow, that's **** up." I stare at them  :huh.

For reasons already explained here.

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline PR3D4TOR

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2012, 09:18:26 PM »
Taking a leak on the enemy dead... Why not.

Recording it... Moronic.
No gods or kings. Only Predator.

Offline Penguin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2012, 09:20:59 PM »
The healthy human mind doesn't wake up every morning thinking that today might be it's last day alive either. War is not healthy. Pissing on them was probably their therapy and their revenge. Wrong, yes, but understand why.

They weren't 'getting off' on it. Yes, they will probably need therapy and will have PTSD, but in an insane environment, people do insane things. It is war. The fight for them is NOT over until they are out of the country, and even then many still have to fight PTSD, or fight with rehabilitation after losing limbs. Sometimes their fight is NEVER over.

I understand why they did it, the war warped their minds, or perhaps they were mentally ill since birth, or early life experiences made their minds dark and twisted.  Whatever the reason, they are careening ever closer to becoming a danger to others in their unit and the population of the area.  If their emotional release (getting off) is urinating on the corpses of dead adversaries, then they have lost it.  I agree with you about the 'war never ending' for many, though.

Says the little boy safe at home. Was it right no it wasn't, but there's only one person who posted in thread that I know of who has been in that situation and it's not you. Don't pass judgement on their mental condition until you've marched their shoes. Then thank your lucky stars you don't march in their shoes.

If I marched in their shoes. I'd likely become them.  This isn't a question of manliness (a quality that is already difficult to define) or experience, but rather of recognizing the sharp mental damage inflicted upon soldiers as such, and not as 'normal functioning'.

-Penguin

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2012, 09:28:17 PM »
I understand why they did it, the war warped their minds, or perhaps they were mentally ill since birth, or early life experiences made their minds dark and twisted.

You do not understand.

You are a moron, please stop posting in this thread.
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2012, 09:31:32 PM »
     Got to agree with Joe here. 
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
      • The Axis vs Allies Arena
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2012, 09:33:02 PM »
I understand why they did it, the war warped their minds, or perhaps they were mentally ill since birth, or early life experiences made their minds dark and twisted.  Whatever the reason, they are careening ever closer to becoming a danger to others in their unit and the population of the area.  If their emotional release (getting off) is urinating on the corpses of dead adversaries, then they have lost it.  I agree with you about the 'war never ending' for many, though.

No they aren't. They are normal kids. So they disrespected the bodies of the enemy who was trying to kill them? Of course they hate the enemy.

They shouldn't have done it and definitely shouldn't have filmed it because in this day and age, there are too many people just chomping at the bit trying to find something to be outraged by.

It's a PR blunder, but it doesn't make them psychopaths.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 09:36:16 PM by jimson »

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2012, 09:33:48 PM »
Disgraceful, but not inexplicable.  I'd wager that being out there in the sticks, seeing your buddies ripped to shreds by IED's, mortars, and snipers would leave anyone itching for revenge.  It doesn't make it right though; the fight was over, and be they military, civilian, or space alien, it doesn't matter, peeing on dead bodies is not only wrong, but also rather creepy.  Those guys need some mental help- getting off by urinating on a corpse with your buddies isn't a sign of a healthy mind.

-Penguin

Choose your words wisely, Penguin.  There are a few war vets on this board and few fathers who have a child or two that is or was fighting over there.

Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2012, 09:35:17 PM »
You do not understand.

You are a moron, please stop posting in this thread.

:aok

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2012, 09:44:06 PM »
You won't piss on dead bodies of innocent people, I would piss on body's on non innocent people, but hey thats just me

define innocent in this context.