Author Topic: Me 209  (Read 2962 times)

Offline EVZ

• Nickel Member
Re: Me 209
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2012, 12:01:00 PM »
Yes found it didn't realise 262 was so quick , did you see that howitzer they tried on the 262  :airplane:
I think that's the same gun we MAY ? soon have in the ME 410 when it's added to the game.
:x
I am my Ideal ! - You may now return to your petty bickering.

Offline davidwales

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2012, 12:35:26 PM »
yes thats the hornet duel prop , predester of the 110 , that would a great aircraft knocking out ordbunkers etc , what payload did it have besides the howitzer  :headscratch:

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2012, 12:39:39 PM »
yes thats the hornet duel prop , predester of the 110 , that would a great aircraft knocking out ordbunkers etc , what payload did it have besides the howitzer  :headscratch:

spell-check kaput?
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline davidwales

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2012, 12:42:36 PM »
yes my spelling not good but accurate  :aok

Offline EVZ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2012, 12:54:53 PM »
yes thats the hornet duel prop , predester of the 110 , that would a great aircraft knocking out ordbunkers etc , what payload did it have besides the howitzer
The 410 is primarily a bomber interceptor ... The "Howitzer" could be used to kill bombers from outside the range of their defensive fire. It's -Under Construction - and should be added to the game soon. It also had some Standard Aircraft Cannon 20mm? 30mm? Don't know about any FB variants.
:angel:

Offline davidwales

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2012, 01:10:15 PM »
well im glad to speak to some one who likes progress , there are a few in the forum who dont like new ideas , nobody likes change , but the 410 sounds great 375 mph was its top end speed wasnt it ??? :salute

Offline EVZ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2012, 01:47:51 PM »
there are a few in the forum who dont like new ideas ,
You noticed that ...?  :lol Don't pay any attention to them, when they get abusive - report them to the moderator - there's a button at the bottom of every message for that. His name is skuzzy and he moves in mysterious ways ...

but the 410 sounds great 375 mph was its top end speed wasnt it ???
I'm not sure what the top speed was, I know they had a night fighter version of it too.
:)

Offline davidwales

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2012, 02:01:36 PM »
thank you evz i know you are a proper gent , i am not taking any notice of any nasty remarks , you seem to know a great deal , what do you think of my idea regarding the f7f tigercat , do you think it would have a purpouse in aces high  :salute

Offline EVZ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2012, 02:09:21 PM »
what do you think of my idea regarding the f7f tigercat , do you think it would have a purpouse in aces high 
There are a lot of people who like that plane, it had AWESOME potential, but never got used in the war. Kind of like the DO 335. You might check out the recent " 1946 " thread that asked for a special WHAT IF arena where the war DID NOT END in 1945 and aircraft like the F7F and F8F WERE in use.
:aok

Offline davidwales

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2012, 02:38:01 PM »
Thanks evz i thought it seen service in 1944 , but im proberly wrong have you got a link for this aircraft , if it never saw service then htc cant introduce it , but i do appreciate your interest , i know the japs had a sea plane that was used ww2 cant think of its name only it was launched from a small ship , i spoke with a person once who was in coastal command and he was in a sunderland flying boat but they were out to kill surficed u boats in the western approaches in the uk , my grandfather was on hms couragious that was torpedoed , in this area think it was u 29 , he survived but would not speak about the event , apart from saying he swallowed lots of oil , which prob killed him from lung disease , this ship was later reclassed as a killer sub , the sister ship hms glorious was sunk in hong kong i think by another uboat , the swordfish aboard were on exercise at the time of attack of couragious , and was put in dock at liverpool 5 days prior to sinking to have paravanes fitted for mines , it had 4 destroyers attached but 2 left leaving it alone hms ivanhoe and intrepid ithink , i do think you have a very good knoledge of aircraft , in this era  :aok

Offline B3YT

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2012, 03:55:30 PM »
Great now every one thinks us welsh are thicko's . thanks
As the cleaners say :"once more unto the bleach"

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2012, 04:44:32 PM »
David.

Me209 never saw service. One was a prototype fighter, the othe was built to break speed records (its records were broken by some WWII prop fighters). Neither were racers, and neither were built as a counter to the Supermarine Spitfire.

The Me 262 was faster

No WWII prop fighter was faster than the Me 262, and only the Me 163 Komet was faster

The Bf 109 was the first fighter to use air to air rockets, IIRC (WGr21's).

The Bf110 came BEFORE the Me 410, that makes the Bf 110 the Me410's predecesor, not the other way around.

No WWII aircraft ever carried a 'howitzer'. Some, however, were armed with modified tank guns, or high caliber AA guns. But a howitzer is a different type of gun.

The Me 410 was simply called hornisse (hornet in german) it was never called the 'twin hornet'

Saying EVZ knows a 'great deal' is stretching a point. He knows a lot of his own BS, but not much else.

I'm not sure, but by the reciprocal arse-kissing being done by EVZ and david, I would venture a guess that one of the two is a shade.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 04:46:59 PM by Tank-Ace »
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline EVZ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2012, 04:52:37 PM »
Great now every one thinks us welsh are thicko's . thanks
You're NOT? :lol Seriously, we all KNOW you are Rare-brits ... :rofl

Offline Seadog36

• Nickel Member
« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2012, 06:07:00 PM »
David.

Me209 never saw service. One was a prototype fighter, the othe was built to break speed records (its records were broken by some WWII prop fighters). Neither were racers, and neither were built as a counter to the Supermarine Spitfire.

The Me 262 was faster

No WWII prop fighter was faster than the Me 262, and only the Me 163 Komet was faster

The Bf 109 was the first fighter to use air to air rockets, IIRC (WGr21's).

The Bf110 came BEFORE the Me 410, that makes the Bf 110 the Me410's predecesor, not the other way around.

No WWII aircraft ever carried a 'howitzer'. Some, however, were armed with modified tank guns, or high caliber AA guns. But a howitzer is a different type of gun.

The Me 410 was simply called hornisse (hornet in german) it was never called the 'twin hornet'

Saying EVZ knows a 'great deal' is stretching a point. He knows a lot of his own BS, but not much else.

I'm not sure, but by the reciprocal arse-kissing being done by EVZ and david, I would venture a guess that one of the two is a shade.

More like tweedle dee and tweedle dumb~ the shade thing seems like a stretch.

Good summary on the other points~

Offline james

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2012, 06:17:52 PM »
6GUN  

4.0GHZ Ryzen9 3900x
32GB DDR4 3200
GTX1070