Author Topic: Pros and Cons on the 12 Hour Horse  (Read 5702 times)

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
Re: Pros and Cons on the 12 Hour Horse
« Reply #180 on: January 22, 2012, 02:13:28 AM »
 I also think they should show the Number of people in each country in the login screen with EW,MW, LW etc, this way those that like to switch to lower #'s can before loggin in.

example:  B-100 K- 95 R-99 instead of 350/600, show the #'s of inflight.
here, here!
Another possible solve of this 12 hour thing. There are many ways...
AoM
City of ice

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #181 on: January 22, 2012, 02:58:29 AM »
There are indeed many ways...

...and there have been many threads

I won't be holding my breath for a change :(
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #182 on: January 22, 2012, 03:13:41 AM »
I won't be holding my breath for a change :(

coombz... positive thinking.... positive thinking man...
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #183 on: January 22, 2012, 04:07:23 AM »
bunnies is HTC positive :noid:
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #184 on: January 22, 2012, 04:48:30 AM »
Funny you attacking someone you'd give your right arm to be in cartoon land.
Not very convenient if he flys with a HOTAS.  :D
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr
« Reply #185 on: January 22, 2012, 10:55:02 AM »

Never have I been refused about Joining Muppets better ask around.

Incase its too hard for you go ask Grizz then come back.  

although there is a thread in the Muppet forum asking people to stop biting at the bait i really cant help myself on this......

during the time frame when Grizz asked you i was already a Muppet, we had a vote system then and EVERYONE was voted upon. you wouldnt have been allowed in, cause my vote counted, if i didnt like you then i would have the support of Skyrock Scotch Jetsom Bipolar and others, who if i stated that you were not a good fit would have most likely supported my request to vote no. not cause i have ever been anyone special in the squad, i have always been the weakest link in playing the game, but because when i was serious about something i supported it with truth and honest convictions.. oh and in case you aint getting my point, i didnt like you then.....(now i really find you just to be pathetic)

in case you were also unaware of another fact at that time, Muppet's had/still have a sick sense of humor....individual Muppet's would, for purely poops and giggles, recruit someone that they new would never be allowed to remain a Muppet, into the squad just to boot them right after acceptance or the next day just for laughs.

twisted....well yes, cruel....absolutely! but it was a fact of the times. they did it to many many many DA queens....if he didnt specifically tell you he would post a vote thread about you in the forum, and then get back to you later, then i most likely think he was setting you up to laugh in your face the next day. oh, and to the very best of my recollections.....no one back then ever posted a thread in our forum putting you up for a membership vote.

bone you are a very the equivalent to a puffer fish, all puff. you may play cartunez aireeoplanez realllllly well, but in the end, when it comes to what counts in the art of being a human being, you are just........well a very lil fish hoping to blow himself up big enough to fool others into thinking he is far more that what he really is.....unfortunately, on some few good people your illussion seems to have worked..

hmmmm babeypuffybone..........i think the name is filling out rather nicely now.....dont you?
FLOTSOM

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!
Quote from Skuzzy
"The game is designed to encourage combat, not hide from it."
http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr

Offline hotard

• Copper Member
      • nampamodelaviators.org
« Reply #186 on: January 22, 2012, 12:39:30 PM »
I had though the 12 hour rule was implemented to discourage "spys".. I do beleive it has aggravated the lop-sided numbers issue. So IMHO the number of those who switch to the undermaned site to fly against the odds, or to fly the cheap perked rides outnumber the pilers-on. If I'm not mistaken if you switch sides just before the war-win you will not get the perks awarded. I don't know what the minimum time is for that, but I'd vote for 12 hours just to prevent that from happening. I know back in the day the side that was on the verge of winning a map would get mysteriously swamped with numbers and the resultant eny.
Guys like me are the reason guys like you hate LA's

Offline chaser

• Nickel Member
« Reply #187 on: January 22, 2012, 10:58:03 PM »
I'm really sick of this 12 hour BS. Change it back to 1 hour and be done with this. You would think HTC could see by now that well over the majority of the community hates to 12 hour rule.

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #188 on: January 22, 2012, 11:00:53 PM »
bunnies is HTC positive :noid:

you gave it to me....  :noid
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #189 on: January 22, 2012, 11:41:25 PM »
I had though the 12 hour rule was implemented to discourage "spys".. I do beleive it has aggravated the lop-sided numbers issue. So IMHO the number of those who switch to the undermaned site to fly against the odds, or to fly the cheap perked rides outnumber the pilers-on. If I'm not mistaken if you switch sides just before the war-win you will not get the perks awarded. I don't know what the minimum time is for that, but I'd vote for 12 hours just to prevent that from happening. I know back in the day the side that was on the verge of winning a map would get mysteriously swamped with numbers and the resultant eny.

hotard it has never been about spies.  as for switching to win the war I believe you just need to fly a couple of hours for the month in any country then you can switch when it becomes clear who is going to win the war and you get the perks.  I would like to say not many do but if you look when the war is won then you will see most of the time the wining country has waaay more numbers than anybody else.  and if you pay attention you will notice that the numbers went up because of country switching.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #190 on: January 23, 2012, 01:01:27 AM »
I would like to say not many do but if you look when the war is won then you will see most of the time the wining country has waaay more numbers than anybody else.

How do you think they "won" it anyway?  From having even numbers and using superior airmanship?  :rofl
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
« Reply #191 on: January 23, 2012, 04:31:19 AM »
Does anyone know the actual HTC reason that it is a 12hr?  Can HTC clear this up?

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #192 on: January 23, 2012, 04:35:49 AM »
Does anyone know the actual HTC reason that it is a 12hr?  Can HTC clear this up?

"because that's how it was before".  that is the reason, his words.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Online thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #193 on: January 23, 2012, 08:15:01 AM »
Too short of switch time, you'd find more people taking a peek at the other side (an anonymous version of Battleship)

Too long of switch time & people would not be able to switch when they want to.
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"