Author Topic: Pros and Cons on the 12 Hour Horse  (Read 5841 times)

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Re: Pros and Cons on the 12 Hour Horse
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2012, 02:53:07 PM »
So the question becomes do you believe that there are that many players, so pathetic and desperate to win a cartoon game that stopping them with the 12 hour rule is important?  Or do you believe that there are more players that switch for the sake of the fight and 12 hours just prevents that?

I'm in the latter category

If there are so many pathetic players who will play so lamely, how does the switch time affect them? I think if they are cheaters at heart, they will just cheat and they will always find a way to cheat. No sense in limiting the "majority" who do not cheat! Kind of like cutting off the nose to spite the face, silly and painfull

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2012, 03:00:10 PM »
For the vast majority of the 2 short years I've been here, switch time was 2(? or 3?) hours.  It's my perception that imbalances have gotten worse since they went to 12 hours, particularly lately.  Confirmation bias?  Slight chance, although that's something I think about a lot so I would like to think not.

Wiley.

no it hasnt.  before you would have imbalance most of the afternoon well into the night.  people would switch to whichever country has hording at the time.  I used to switch countries with some of the guys that posted here and we would never switch to balance the game.  we would switch to get more kills never to balance the game.  the idea that people would switch to balance is laughable as it didnt happen before.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2012, 03:07:23 PM »
If there are so many pathetic players who will play so lamely, how does the switch time affect them? I think if they are cheaters at heart, they will just cheat and they will always find a way to cheat. No sense in limiting the "majority" who do not cheat! Kind of like cutting off the nose to spite the face, silly and painfull

JUGgler

I don't believe there are JUG.  And I miss being able to bounce around, in particular later at night when the crowd is smaller and the fights fewer.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2012, 03:08:49 PM »
Fact is most of you who complain about the horde and this 12 hour time switch are mainly guys trying to fly with the hordes.

For instance last night Knights out# both countries by 60-70 players, where were these few that talk of fighting hordes ? Just so happens they were in it !  :aok
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2012, 03:12:51 PM »
Fact is most of you who complain about the horde and this 12 hour time switch are mainly guys trying to fly with the hordes.

For instance last night Knights out# both countries by 60-70 players, where were these few that talk of fighting hordes ? Just so happens they were in it !  :aok

Not sure that's a fact Doc.  I know I was flying Bish against a crowd last night.  I got so desperate to get off the ground fast that I actually flew a Spit 16 one flight.  Didn't help in all that red :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2012, 03:15:00 PM »

Maybe they were stuck on knight side?

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2012, 03:18:21 PM »
no it hasnt.  before you would have imbalance most of the afternoon well into the night.  people would switch to whichever country has hording at the time.  I used to switch countries with some of the guys that posted here and we would never switch to balance the game.  we would switch to get more kills never to balance the game.  the idea that people would switch to balance is laughable as it didnt happen before.

semp

I disagree based on what I saw between generally 6PM to midnight mountain time.  Switching to get kills generally means going to the low side though.  Instead of fighting 5 other guys for a single con, you've got a world of targets.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2012, 03:22:03 PM »
Notice the word MOST Gents.  :salute
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2012, 03:37:38 PM »
I disagree based on what I saw between generally 6PM to midnight mountain time.  Switching to get kills generally means going to the low side though.  Instead of fighting 5 other guys for a single con, you've got a world of targets.

Wiley.

at that time there's 400+ players.  pretty sure the country with lowest numbers will still have enough players to horde and have 5v1 fights.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2012, 03:42:21 PM »
at that time there's 400+ players.  pretty sure the country with lowest numbers will still have enough players to horde and have 5v1 fights.

semp

I have to agree with semp here, the issue is much later at night, when there are less than 100 players on line. Then the impact of the lack of side switching becomes amplified. Often, I have seen it where one country has 50% less than the other 2 countries, and the 4 hours earlier, that country was the country with the numbers.
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline cactuskooler

• Skinner Team
  • Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2012, 03:44:44 PM »

Maybe they were stuck on knight side?

That was true for me.  I switched to Knights the night before despite them outnumbering the other countries.  Had to go Knights to fly with squadlings who weren't able to switch.  I'd rather fly on the high numbers team with friends, than alone on the low numbers team.  So for us, the 12 hour rule keep our entire squad on the high number side, and caused at least myself to have to switch to the high numbers side.  That's not something that would have happened back with the one hour rule, as we made a point to try to fly the low numbers as much as we could.
cactus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Noseart

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2012, 04:04:26 PM »
I see Sunbat is still a freaking genius as well.

Hey thanks, while it grieves me to add to such a perfectly all-inclusive statement which is profound in the very fact that it so saliently conveys the essence of the problem in sublime brevity, I feel that an addendum is crucially important...

Trying to legislate morality is stupid and futile and only leads to the oppression of the masses, duh.

AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2012, 07:00:01 PM »
For every player who at the drop of a hat likes to switch sides to offset unbalanced gameplay, there's one who likes to do the same thing for the purpose of carpet bombing in lancs some mission forming up on the runway.
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2012, 09:38:40 PM »
For every player who at the drop of a hat likes to switch sides to offset unbalanced gameplay, there's one who likes to do the same thing for the purpose of carpet bombing in lancs some mission forming up on the runway.

Um, and one works and the other doesn't and doesn't happen.  :rolleyes:
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2012, 09:56:53 PM »

You really believe that?  I wish someone would film such an incident where someone switched sides to do that.  Never seen it in all my years.  I must be doing something wrong!
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters