Author Topic: bins  (Read 1434 times)

Offline davidwales

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
bins
« on: January 18, 2012, 03:56:35 PM »
as binoculars have been brought up before , i would like to wish for them on the 8 inch gunners position , as a method this could fairly be obtained is moving to binocular mode rather than use the zoom , this way you wont loose your range and bearings , and the binoculars could see the alterations needed to hit the shore battery , as shore battery has a better advantage than ship to shore guns , as some guys keep moving cv just as you get close to hitting it  :joystick:

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: bins
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 04:14:25 PM »
You can move your gun independently of where you're looking already.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline davidwales

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2012, 04:20:43 PM »
but you can't use zoom to see where your shell is landing without losing your last cordinates , if you could skip from one to another your accuracy becomes greater , with sb you are looking from a elivated position and its easier to hit the cv , i wonder what average stats are between shore batts killed by cv , than cv killed by sb , i would think its highly likely sb wins outright every time . :frown:

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2012, 04:34:27 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 04:40:58 PM by Skuzzy »
JG 52

Offline AKP

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2012, 04:39:38 PM »
i wonder what average stats are between shore batts killed by cv , than cv killed by sb , i would think its highly likely sb wins outright every time . :frown:

Nope... there are guys in this game that can hit a gnats arse at 17000 yards with the 8" guns.  I'm NOT one of them... but there are plenty out there. 

***G3-MF***

Offline talos

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2012, 04:42:25 PM »
their kinda is just hit "shift Q", or is it "Ctrl Q" one of those   :aok
C-46 "Curtiss Calamity"

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2012, 05:07:01 PM »
You need thrown in a bin with all this Wishlist spam.
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline davidwales

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2012, 05:09:05 PM »
Nope... there are guys in this game that can hit a gnats arse at 17000 yards with the 8" guns.  I'm NOT one of them... but there are plenty out there.  

these guys who can do this have prob the best pcs money can buy , some have 4 monitors and multi graphic cards , and cpu's that are faster than the speed of light  :salute

Offline mthrockmor

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2012, 05:10:20 PM »
Historical note: My Dad was the 5" fire control director on the CA-73, USS St Paul during the Korean War. This is the same cruiser model found in our game.

He would direct fire either from radar or visual. With visual they had large, mounted binoculars. I'll find out what power it was though it was certainly more then 8x. I want to say 25x but that is shooting from the hip. He spoke of bombarding North Korean positions at maximum range and being able to see bodies flying through the air. Not a pleasant memory though if the point of this thread is that naval gunfire should have some sort of accurate fire control with magnification, it would be accurate in concept.

Boo
No poor dumb bastard wins a war by dying for his country, he wins by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his.
George "Blood n Guts" Patton

Offline AKP

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2012, 07:09:10 PM »
these guys who can do this have prob the best pcs money can buy , some have 4 monitors and multi graphic cards , and cpu's that are faster than the speed of light  :salute

Nope... they practice.

***G3-MF***

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2012, 07:23:14 PM »
it does make it easier if you have large monitors.  but if you cant aim, you cant aim.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2012, 07:29:15 PM »
Nope... they practice.

yep, I play with a 22 inch monitor and laptop that barely cranks 20-30fps in ideal situations, skill and practice will go further then anything else.
14 monitors and a space ship won't give you any perks against a veteran player, just learn to shoot faster.
JG 52

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2012, 07:38:39 PM »

QFT
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline MAINER

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2012, 08:29:32 PM »

:aok
Are those our bombers?-famous last words

Member of the congregation of The church of David Wales

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2012, 09:11:29 PM »
Historical note: My Dad was the 5" fire control director on the CA-73, USS St Paul during the Korean War. This is the same cruiser model found in our game.

He would direct fire either from radar or visual. With visual they had large, mounted binoculars. I'll find out what power it was though it was certainly more then 8x. I want to say 25x but that is shooting from the hip. He spoke of bombarding North Korean positions at maximum range and being able to see bodies flying through the air. Not a pleasant memory though if the point of this thread is that naval gunfire should have some sort of accurate fire control with magnification, it would be accurate in concept.

Boo

:aok
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"