Author Topic: 12 Hours = 1 Hour + 1 Hour instead?  (Read 408 times)

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
12 Hours = 1 Hour + 1 Hour instead?
« on: January 18, 2012, 07:15:29 PM »
How about instead of preventing players from switching countries for 12-hours after imediatley doing so, you prevent them from switching for only an hour AND not gaining perks during that hour? 

The only con I can think of, and it's only one so far, is it may imediatley impede those who like to switch for an imediate improvement applied to the rate at which they gain perks.  However, it should work twords their advantages in the long run, as I feel these are the players who suffer the most from the current 12-hour limitation.  In less than an hour or two, they can find themselves on the largest side or one no larger or less than any other, and may feel trapped.

Another possibility is maybe in conjunction with the current 12-hour limitation, while removing it's "chain and shackles" from the game - if it's been at least 12-hours since your last country switch, then the 1-hour of no perks gained penalty will simpley not apply (thus, if you don't change "frequently", no penalty).  A simple prompt when changing sides, warning players that it hasn't been 12-hours since their last country switch, would make it easily understandable in-game to players making the decision.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 07:19:51 PM by Babalonian »
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: 12 Hours = 1 Hour + 1 Hour instead?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 07:22:17 PM »
that would be cool, along with the you can switch only to the country that has less numbers.  if it's been 12 hours than you can switch anywhere you want.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2012, 07:35:23 PM »
I want to suggest an "honor system" where veterans are allowed (after x years in game) to switch without penalty, however I can see the whines that come out from it which would be a headache.

Newer players are still restricted 12 hours, veterans 2 hours (example).
Neither get perks for winning the war for 72 hours.

This allows veteran players to switch, while newer ones are required to settle down and play until time accepts them.

Its still fair, neither get perks and veteran players won't need perks, not likely many will switch "to a winning side".

If they do, treat them like someone who kills a shade.

/don't flame me bro

JG 52

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2012, 03:18:16 AM »
Perks are over rated.  And it is impossible to police everyone with a subscription in order to control their behavior.  People will find a way to counter any rule change if they're motivated enough.

I do think that anyone caught spying should have their pilot taken to TT to be publicly executed as a spy.
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2012, 03:41:11 AM »
that would be cool, along with the you can switch only to the country that has less numbers.  if it's been 12 hours than you can switch anywhere you want.
this
another possible solution when everyone could be happy...

I want to suggest an "honor system" where veterans are allowed (after x years in game) to switch without penalty, however I can see the whines that come out from it which would be a headache.
Newer players are still restricted 12 hours, veterans 2 hours (example).
What you were drinking, bro?
Im fairly new, i shouldnt switch? Anyway, a new player pays the same 15 bux as a veteran.

Perks are over rated.  And it is impossible to police everyone with a subscription in order to control their behavior.  People will find a way to counter any rule change if they're motivated enough.
I do think that anyone caught spying should have their pilot taken to TT to be publicly executed as a spy.
What were my reasons to change sides?
-find a fight: i hate when my side is hording. I rather fight with 3 red ones for my cartoon life than with 3 green ones for that single kill. I used to change to the low numbers side, up cheap jets and pepper the rolling hordes.
Am i a friggen dweeb? You decide.
-fly with friends: been flying under different chess pieces, i figured that there are good folks on both sides who are fun to wing up with. Couse of my weird timezone, it was nice to be able to switch as one buddy was logging off and another was logging on.
No perks, no spying. I know a couple side switchers who did it for the same reasons. Why punish them?
AoM
City of ice