Author Topic: Greater Enforcement of Rule 3  (Read 1988 times)

Offline davidwales

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Re: Greater Enforcement of Rule 3
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2012, 12:45:25 PM »
yes ok i will give all the stats from now on , i do understand you know its frustrating doing all the research and your thread drops ,due to somone bringing a idea that was already posted , from now on i will put the reason for posting the idea plus any quotes i can find , but i did not realise at the time which im very sorry , but it was not to make any of you angry  :salute

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2012, 02:21:27 PM »
david if you think about it some of this guys have been around for years here.  so most ideas that you can think of have already been proposed many times over.  there isnt an airplane/gv from ww2 that hasnt been proposed time and time again.  that doesnt mean you cannot request the same airplane/gv/idea that has been proposed before.  but some of your wishes that you proposed had just been proposed a week or two before.  and when you add multiple threads like you did some will dismiss it as just spam and dont even bother to discuss.

it's better to propose a well researched wish (even those that have been around a zillion times) than multiple incomplete ones.  that is what they are trying to tell you and you are beginning to understand.  your ideas will be more accepted if they have the "proper" research.  :salute

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline davidwales

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2012, 06:05:37 PM »
yes i totally agree i will research everything 110 per cent , i dont want to fall out with any of you , and i am constantley looking at all your feed back some i find real fasanating , i love all the links etc , ww2 is my main thoughts , i am really interested in the bell , in which was being worked on in top secret ,by the germans, also i think the germans were very good in development , if i could put it in context i would say germany 1st usa 2nd uk  3rd in aircraft development even though we had the spit and hurricane , the germans chose the wrong aircraft to mass produce ,at that time , and that lost them the war along with goering who was a blagger . :airplane:

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2012, 06:22:58 PM »
also be ready for your idea to be taken apart, criticized and dissected for cause or no cause.  that is just how it is.  dont take it personally.  please remember the idea is to have airplanes in here that actually had combat and saw action in squadron strength.  there's a few that are borderline here but if you ask for something that only existed on paper, well i also wish the pony had 4 20mm hispanos and we both sol  :cry.

semp

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2012, 06:34:52 PM »
also be ready for your idea to be taken apart, criticized and dissected for cause or no cause.  that is just how it is.  dont take it personally.  please remember the idea is to have airplanes in here that actually had combat and saw action in squadron strength.  there's a few that are borderline here but if you ask for something that only existed on paper, well i also wish the pony had 4 20mm hispanos and we both sol  :cry.

semp

P-51 by the newly formed USAAF and were initially named Apache, although this was soon dropped, and the RAF name, Mustang, adopted instead. The USAAF did not like the mixed armament of the British Mustang Is and instead adopted an armament of four long-barrelled 20 mm (.79 in) Hispano Mk II cannon, and deleted the .50 cal engine cowling mounted weapons. The British designated this model as Mustang Mk IA.

Its called the Mustang Mk IA - only problem is its limited to 15k as it had a single stage turbocharger.
JG 52

Offline davidwales

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2012, 06:35:22 PM »
well i dont care if you take my ideas and remodel them , i prob havnt any credability on here , but im doing my best to bring new ideas to the table , i would love some one to come up with something poss , wot about the g55 wot some 1 asked for , or the salamander he 162 , or d 520 , you should all use my ideas or stick to one model htc cant grant wishes for everything . :salute

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2012, 06:38:08 PM »
well i dont care if you take my ideas and remodel them , i prob havnt any credability on here , but im doing my best to bring new ideas to the table , i would love some one to come up with something poss , wot about the g55 wot some 1 asked for , or the salamander he 162 , or d 520 , you should all use my ideas or stick to one model htc cant grant wishes for everything . :salute

Problem is you don't seem to understand, the aircraft/gv must of seen combat and been in combat strength - this is a general rule of thumb.

The flying wing you posted, was not in squadron strength, look for aircraft's that served in combat between 1939 and 1945.

Plenty of Early War and Midwar aircraft that need to be added, I can think of at least 20.
JG 52

Offline davidwales

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2012, 06:45:31 PM »
a bit like the me 162 then 16 kills and 10 losses (wiki leaks ), its a good aircraft in this game and very realistic , but it is not a tactical aircraft apart from upping quick .

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2012, 06:47:35 PM »
a bit like the me 162 then 16 kills and 10 losses (wiki leaks ), its a good aircraft in this game and very realistic , but it is not a tactical aircraft apart from upping quick .

How many squadrons were fully operational with the He-162?
JG 52

Offline davidwales

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2012, 06:48:38 PM »
a bit like the me 162 , 16 kills 10 losses ,it is a good aircraft in this game but has no tactical role , it is only good to shoot bombers down at high alt , which 20 aircraft have you in mind so i can look at your spec,  :salute

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2012, 06:52:44 PM »
a bit like the me 162 , 16 kills 10 losses ,it is a good aircraft in this game but has no tactical role , it is only good to shoot bombers down at high alt , which 20 aircraft have you in mind so i can look at your spec,  :salute

Well HTC didn't exactly specify the criteria, but its generally been said "in squadron strength" - kills wouldn't matter.

I'd have to do some serious research unless you want too, to prove its worth adding in game. I don't think it would of been in full combat strength,
otherwise over the past many years it would of been asked more then once.

JG 52

Offline davidwales

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2012, 06:55:14 PM »
none !! 300 built splattered all over the place , and were death traps google how many pilots killed me 162 , more pilots killed landing than in combat  :aok

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2012, 08:41:47 PM »

no you are quoting a reference to the me163 from wikipedia.  just dont ask for it, please.

semp

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s