Author Topic: Greater Enforcement of Rule 3  (Read 1993 times)

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: Greater Enforcement of Rule 3
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2012, 07:25:01 PM »
I understand if someone posts a thread on a topic that has been discussed before and does not know it. But we have a lot of people who continually post requests for the same thing. Your right the continues requests add attention, but they also make it harder to filter out all the new ideas.

It's easy enough to ignore people who you feel are wasting your time. It's more important to encourage the new people who are just joining the AHBB community.

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2012, 01:46:04 AM »
I'm so tempted to repost this under a new thread next week.
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2012, 05:27:55 PM »
Wishing for something that was wished for before that you don't know about is not a big deal.

Perfect timing. Most of the time it's not a big deal, but when someone clearly refuses to search it stars to become a problem.

Let's say for a minute that cluttering up the forum is not a factor. When someone is continuously posting stuff that was been brought up before it starts pissing people off and eventually they start getting in trouble with you guys because of their posts.

See this thread:
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,327263.0.html

Yeah it's the people's fault for posting it so there all getting "Skuzzified" for it, but in reality if we stop one problem it would be better for all of us. Locking one person's thread for not searching is a lot better then suspending all the other people.
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2012, 05:33:24 PM »
I assume you checked the previous 9000 posts in the wishlist before posting this idea.

If you can find me a less than 5 year old thread that I duplicated than I will apologize and restrain myself from using the wishlist forum for the next month.
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2012, 05:47:08 PM »
the people's fault for posting it so there all getting "Skuzzified" for it, but in reality if we stop one problem it would be better for all of us. Locking one person's thread for not searching is a lot better then suspending all the other people.

If one person new to the BBS learns to search, and I don't think it's against the rules to not search before posting something, then that's a good thing and they should be welcomed to the community; at least they seem to show an interest in the game. If all the "Skuzzified" regulars are getting suspended for continued breaking of the rules, then it's clear they will never learn and I say "too bad, so sad..." and will not lose any sleep over it.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2012, 12:12:03 PM »
When someone is continuously posting stuff that was been brought up before it starts pissing people off and eventually they start getting in trouble with you guys because of their posts.

If people get pissed off it's not the OP's fault, it's emotional incontinence. Posting inappropriately because you're pissed off and getting in trouble for repeated rule violations are not the OP's fault, it's immaturity and poor impulse control.

If you can find me a less than 5 year old thread that I duplicated than I will apologize and restrain myself from using the wishlist forum for the next month.

Are you claiming you checked before you posted or is that just something you want other people to do?

Offline davidwales

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2012, 12:56:41 PM »
well macfly i just understand where you are coming from, i have been researching everthing as my pc isnt up to scratch to play the game as yet , but it seems you just want to destruct every thread i make , as dale said the items posted are so dorment they may be redisscussed now , but many have not been , dont have such "i hate this guy attitude" , we have all 1 brain , so if you dont like it dont readit , ive read the rules now and maybe i breached some of these rules , whilst not knowing they existed but at the end of the day , im doing my best to research everything and learning as i go along , and i would not break rules , i think more ideas have been brought out of the bag since my motherboard went , than ever so sorry  no , you are wrong on this one  :salute

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2012, 08:58:25 PM »
Are you claiming you checked before you posted or is that just something you want other people to do?

As a matter effect I did check. I'm pretty sure no one posted this in the past 5 years, but if I'm wrong I will I will apologize and leave the wishlist forum for the next month.  :)
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2012, 09:05:36 PM »
well macfly i just understand where you are coming from, i have been researching everthing as my pc isnt up to scratch to play the game as yet , but it seems you just want to destruct every thread i make , as dale said the items posted are so dorment they may be redisscussed now , but many have not been , dont have such "i hate this guy attitude" , we have all 1 brain , so if you dont like it dont readit , ive read the rules now and maybe i breached some of these rules , whilst not knowing they existed but at the end of the day , im doing my best to research everything and learning as i go along , and i would not break rules , i think more ideas have been brought out of the bag since my motherboard went , than ever so sorry  no , you are wrong on this one  :salute

I think you actually misunderstood what I said. I believe I actually made this thread before you started posting your ideas so it is not directed at you, I just used one of your threads as an example.
Your not the only one who continuously posts ideas that have been brought up before.

My main problem with redundant threads is a secondary discussion. When you have a lot of threads that have been discussed before the one or two threads with new ideas get lost in that list, those ideas might have actually been implemented but because they were unnoticed no one knew that people wanted it or considered it as a good idea.
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2012, 09:07:30 PM »
As a matter effect I did check. I'm pretty sure no one posted this in the past 5 years, but if I'm wrong I will I will apologize and leave the wishlist forum for the next month.  :)

they havent posted your wish as you specifically mentioned it, however there has been many threads in the last couple of years about limiting the number of threads/posts according to either time on thebb/players only/  and a couple of other reasons i cant remember.  which is basically what your wish is requesting.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2012, 09:33:11 PM »
they havent posted your wish as you specifically mentioned it, however there has been many threads in the last couple of years about limiting the number of threads/posts according to either time on thebb/players only/  and a couple of other reasons i cant remember.  which is basically what your wish is requesting.

semp

No. I request that HTC enforces their rules, simple as that. I don't care how many posts a new member makes as long as their not repeating old discussions.
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2012, 08:11:17 AM »
No. I request that HTC enforces their rules, simple as that. I don't care how many posts a new member makes as long as their not repeating old discussions.

They do enforce their rules. Another wish granted!

You want them to enforce rules with no regard for circumstances. They are better than that.   :D

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2012, 03:21:46 PM »
They do enforce their rules. Another wish granted!

Where have you been?
90% of threads on the wishlist forum were discussed before.
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn

Offline davidwales

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2012, 12:28:07 PM »
im extremley sorry about that , and since skuzzy has pointed that out to me, i research everthing before i post , i know where you are coming from though about spam , but i can guarantee that is the last thing i want to do, there are 2 main reasons why ive posted so many times .

1 my pc is playing so i love this game so much im looking for new ideas ,and im unable to play the game, and ive found the wish list by accident really to complain about a seperate issue , in which i was repremanded as i never read the rules before posting .

2 I think it is hugely important to breath new life into the bb , as most of you argue among your selves , and nothing gets done , i know there are prob several players who hate the way ive posted so many items in such a small time , but i have taken the time to read all your posts , and can see the problem here , you must try and stay calm and keep within the boundries of the bb , since ive read the rules and looked at all your ideas , i think 98 per cent of the guys in aces high , have the best intent , but sometimes frustration gets the better of you , i do hope you will reconsider some of my ideas and not white wash them , on the grounds of discrimadation , as some of you have given possitive feed back , and not all my ideas are rubbish , live long and prosper  :rock

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2012, 12:34:25 PM »
Biggest problem is people fail to use Search, most of the questions asked were not even a month old - simply drop a message in those topics and give your ideas, when you make a new topic based on one not even a month old it doesn't help the chance for it to get added.

Especially if someone given technical data in another thread and someone opens a new topic "I WANT THIS!!" without anything added.
JG 52