Author Topic: PERK TAX  (Read 4502 times)

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
Re: PERK TAX
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2012, 12:35:05 PM »
Yeah ... !!! Who are these people that think Honesty, Fairness, Loyalty, Equality, etc are IMPORTANT anyway? WHERE do THEY get OFF ??? That's stuffs NO FUN anyway is it ... ? (excuse me for defending your (?) right to abuse the game and those who play it ... NOW THAT's FUN !!!).
:neener:

What the heck have you been smoking anyway?  Side switching makes no difference to any of the things you mentioned.
Loyality to a chesspiece?   Are you so certain that your chesspiece is the only one that values your beliefs?  Have you ever
switched?  You are not only voluntarily choosing to miss out on meeting almost 2/3rds of people playing the game, but you
want to enforce your point of view on everyone else as well?

I think you landgrab win-the-war types need to take a chill pill and realize that what's critically important to you matters
not a whit to others. 
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2012, 12:41:22 PM »
A better idea would be a Loyalty Tax for people such as the OP.  100% of all perks earned would be sent to the country's "Ministry of Perks" and doled out by the Supreme Commander at his discretion.  Those who don't help win teh war would get no perks ever!
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline 4Prop

• Nickel Member
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2012, 12:46:03 PM »
how about just a flat 60 perks to hop. 30 of each catagory

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2012, 12:49:36 PM »
     What the heck have you been smoking anyway? 

He isn't smoking anything, it's not his fault he was born with an extra chromosome.
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2012, 01:06:36 PM »
A better idea would be a Loyalty Tax for people such as the OP.  100% of all perks earned would be sent to the country's "Ministry of Perks" and doled out by the Supreme Commander at his discretion.  Those who don't help win teh war would get no perks ever!

:rofl :aok
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2012, 01:45:19 PM »

I propose a moratorium on voicing perk envy?
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2012, 01:47:17 PM »

??? MAYBE ??? a PERK TAX should be charged to anyone SWITCHING SIDES in a MAIN ARENA ??? Any such TAX would be figured on a % basis ... Want to switch sides? OK, it will cost you 30% of your perk points ... This would DEFINATELY put a crimp in the perk farming, Spying, and ENY manipulation that Occurs on a regular basis ... Flame Suit Mode initiated.

EVZ, the 12 hour limit that HiTech put into place is enough restriction for jumping sides for the reasons you mentioned.

My advise is try another country for a month or two. Not everyone that switches sides is interested in spying, perk farming, or ENY manipulation.
You will find that your past opponents are just as friendly, cooperative, and helpful as the pilots/gv'ers/bombers you are currently playing with.
Switching sides gives you the opportunity to get to know more players and make more friends.  AH is just a game. I enjoy being part of the competition between countries
but I don't hate any of the players in the other countries. If the squad you are in does not want to rotate countries on a regular basis, then take a leave of absence and go check
out the other countries on your own. You will find that all three countries have good communities and are allot of fun.

My two cents.

:salute
Mano
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2012, 01:51:34 PM »
If you don't know ... I doubt it can be explained to you ... BUT, it doesn't cost any perk points to try.

So ... How about ... The PEOPLE I play with ???

What about them?  We weren't discussing player loyalty, but rather chess piece loyalty.

For the better part of 10 years I have played with, for and against every chess piece.  I have been with my squad for almost 5 years and speak to some of them more often than I speak to my wife.  I have also met, in person, over a dozen or so members of this community the most recent being my squad leader and his son who my wife and I went to Parris Island to see him graduate from boot camp.

I enjoy fighting with and against all players in the community, regardless of chess piece.  Any loyalty I have is to the game, the fight and the friends and acquaintances that I have made, here.  Any loyalty to a particular chess piece or winning "teh warz"is absolutely absurd.  The biggest reason for this absurdity is that, once the "war" is won, another "war" will ensue only moments after the 1st one is over, time-frame only limited by how quickly the server can defecate another map.

If one limits one's self to being married to a single chess piece, one is missing the best part of this game which is not the planes, country, GV's, graphics or winning "teh warz".  The best part of this game is the people that play it.  Without them, this game would just be another boring arcade piece of garbage.
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline davidwales

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2012, 01:53:17 PM »
maybe we should have a fourth country for traitors only , so all three sides can attack them  :salute

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2012, 01:57:02 PM »
maybe we should have a fourth country for traitors only , so all three sides can attack them  :salute

That made me laugh out loud. You are either a troll, or a squeaker. In either case, you're amusing  :)

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2012, 02:14:22 PM »
That made me laugh out loud. You are either a troll, or a squeaker. In either case, you're amusing  :)

I'll agree with the amusing part  :aok
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2012, 02:43:30 PM »

Special event:  The outnumbered country is going to get double teamed beginning @ 14:00 in SEAII
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2012, 02:49:42 PM »
get rid of texas i say.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2012, 02:50:32 PM »

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2012, 02:50:57 PM »
Oh I just had an idea, let's flip this one around.  If you want to stay on your current country despite outnumbering the other country you're pounding on it's going to COST you perk points to do it.

oh I like this.  :)
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.