Author Topic: PERK TAX  (Read 4647 times)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: PERK TAX
« Reply #150 on: January 28, 2012, 09:02:10 AM »
some of us dont really care about perks, or score.  I love the spit8 because it's awesome and fly the ponyd because i grew up with the black sheep.  i probably increase my perks about 50 or 60 per tour flying the ponyd.  dont matter what the heck am I gonna do with them anyway.  some of us actually fly airplanes just for the fun of it  :banana: :banana: :banana:.

semp

Papy Boyington and the Black Sheep flew hogs, not ponys.  :rolleyes:

Offline EVZ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #151 on: January 28, 2012, 10:21:11 AM »
Your 9 vs 3-4 last night was like the mother load of perks, however.
Everybody earned a lot of perks ... But you need to watch the roster a little closer as your 9 vs 4 was actually 9 vs 6 - 9 vs 9 (after I showed up anyway). There were NEVER any ENY limitations ...

You guys were like pelt dispensers, I even got some jeep kills
Yes , It was noted that your abilitys seem limited to HOs and Backshooting M-3s ... We Train Noobs and the philosophy is FIGHT and DIE - you will learn. Several of them killed you I gather, including the 16 yr old who was drunk! The girls are contemplating speaking to your mother about you. They're ALL looking forward to seeing you again. One of your old squaddies is with us and had a few interesting comments too. See you next time.
:cool:
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 10:25:43 AM by EVZ »
I am my Ideal ! - You may now return to your petty bickering.

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #152 on: January 28, 2012, 02:04:15 PM »
EVZ, the goal of ENY is to keep the numbers as balanced as possible. If that means that some score padding and perk farming occures....... well you can't stop that without being completly unfair to everyone else.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline EVZ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #153 on: January 28, 2012, 02:15:21 PM »
EVZ, the goal of ENY is to keep the numbers as balanced as possible.
Making it up as you go along again I see ... ENY balances the competition by limiting the advantage of out numbering your opponent and rewards the outnumbered players for sticking with it and succeeding against the odds. I agree, SOME players are attracted to the opportunity to use equipment that gives them a distinct advantage over their opponents and to the perk rewards available to them ... but I doubt HT developed the ENY concept specifically to encourage them.

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #154 on: January 28, 2012, 04:43:21 PM »
I think it's somewhat effective against certain types of scams ... which is why it's in effect in the LWA. However, it's NOT a rule, it's a setting. In MWA it's only 1 HR ... The scam there is to switch just before logging off and then when you log in next, you can locate the enemy CVs, and listen in on their plans before switching back.

It won't do you much good to think before you type, if you don't know much about what you are typing about.
:rolleyes:

My point was:

Already we have to wait 12 hrs to switch in LW (which is where 90% of people who play, play). So he is suggesting 12 hrs and a boat load of perks to switch? 12 hrs basically means that you can switch once in the time frame that you are online. That means, furballers like myself, can not fight until that country is hording then switch twice.

We already have a movement in place about switching, spying, etc. We do not need another on top of it.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #155 on: January 28, 2012, 09:06:25 PM »
SFCHONDO: I strongly disagree. The ENY has had a drastic impact on side balance. Before the ENY we could have periods of more than 3 months when one side could have 1/2 the number of each ot the other 2 countries.

I havn't seen a large imbalance for longer than a week or 2 since the ENY was implemented.

You can even look at this current post 60 60 40, is not a huge imbalance as compared to life pre ENY.

So if you ask the question does ENY perfectly balance the arena, the answere is no, (because it wasn't ment to be a perfect balance). But it has drasticly limited the peeks and valies as it was designed to do so.

HiTech
ENY was designed to get people to switch to the low number side.

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #156 on: January 28, 2012, 10:50:10 PM »

How dare you quote HiTech  :furious
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #157 on: January 28, 2012, 10:53:03 PM »
Everybody earned a lot of perks ... But you need to watch the roster a little closer as your 9 vs 4 was actually 9 vs 6 - 9 vs 9 (after I showed up anyway). There were NEVER any ENY limitations ...
Yes , It was noted that your abilitys seem limited to HOs and Backshooting M-3s ... We Train Noobs and the philosophy is FIGHT and DIE - you will learn. Several of them killed you I gather, including the 16 yr old who was drunk! The girls are contemplating speaking to your mother about you. They're ALL looking forward to seeing you again. One of your old squaddies is with us and had a few interesting comments too. See you next time.

Don't wanna get HOed?  Simple, don't come at me nose-on and get butt-hurt when you lose the joust.

Back shooting M-3's?  Really?  :rofl  I was in a jeep, and you are whining about it.  :rofl

Comedy gold, sister  :rofl
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline EVZ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #158 on: January 28, 2012, 11:22:14 PM »
Thanks for "daring" to post the quote ... I note that ENY was not intended to BALANCE the sides, but to close the larger gaps. I also note there is no mention of side switching in HT's post.

MWA is kind of a microcosm in that the numbers involved are much smaller, and it's EASY to see that ENY has little effect on most players there with regard to side switching ... the perk famers and abusers are always looking for their particular jones, but only a FEW regular players switch sides to achieve balance ... When a KNIGHT squadron recently switched -in mass- to the habitually LOW numbered ROOK side, MOST of the regular ROOKS left and switched to bishop to avoid associating with them. THIS made the BISHOPS into the HIGH NUMBERS SIDE which discouraged the KNIGHT side switching squad, so those folks are seldom even seen in MWA these last few weeks ... NOW, this and a few other BBS threads are attracting attention from a few LWA players (like Von Messy) who are filling up the rook ranks and we've been having some really good fighting!

None of this is really taking place due to ENY or Sideswitching ... neither are determining factors ... Player ATTITUDE is probably the most notable influence ... Maybe HT had more in mind when considering ENY than side switching?)
;)

Offline EVZ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #159 on: January 28, 2012, 11:28:32 PM »
Don't wanna get HOed?  - Back shooting M-3's?  - you are whining about it. 
Nobody's whining ... Your limited abilitys were noted and commented on ... We all had a good laugh. The girls are always a little peevish ... ya know ??? You brought it up, I presumed you wanted some feedback?
:P

Offline AKP

• Silver Member
« Reply #160 on: January 29, 2012, 12:10:23 AM »
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 12:39:03 AM by AKP »

***G3-MF***

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #161 on: January 29, 2012, 01:29:08 AM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 10:50:51 AM by Skuzzy »
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"