Author Topic: PERK TAX  (Read 4500 times)

Offline grumpy37

• Silver Member
      • What I do
Re: PERK TAX
« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2012, 04:03:24 PM »
The best answer in my opinion is to keep perks earned in the arena they are earned in. 

As far as side switching how about you cant earn any perks during the first hour after the switch.....  This would work best in MW since it has a 1 hour time period between switches.  Not sure if it would make a difference in LW since it has a 12 hour time period.
CO VF-10 "Grim Reapers"   Member JG54 in AVA

Offline EVZ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2012, 04:25:27 PM »
You want to restrict 600 people in LW because of a dozen people in MW?
Let's keep this in context, OK? I'm not asking that anyone be restricted ... Just that they PAY for privileges to prevent the abuse OF those privileges. Doing so on a % basis assures that no-one is restricted as those with LOW levels of perks can still switch freely and noobs can still TRY different environments looking for what they like best ... the TO THE RESCUE / Low Numbers, White Hats, can still go wherever they please and hey THEY aren't interested in PERKS anyway ... are they?

The LWA has a much larger infestation of sideswitch abuse, it's just not as noticeable because the players don't know everybody and don't encounter the SAME PEOPLE pulling the SAME STUNTS on a regular basis ... I suspect this measure would clean up the game significantly, and I'd bet that the Player Counts go UP accordingly ... I've seen WAY to many good people QUIT THE GAME in the last 2 months due to frustration with abusive players.
;)
I am my Ideal ! - You may now return to your petty bickering.

Offline EVZ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2012, 04:39:32 PM »
What about them?  We weren't discussing player loyalty, but rather chess piece loyalty.
No, I mentioned Honesty, Loyalty, Fair Play, etc ... as abstract concepts ... YOU may have tried to change the context, but if so, you failed miserably.
I am, infact, devotedly loyal to the people I play WITH ... WE CHOOSE to identify ourselves with an ICON provided by the GAME.

Any loyalty to a particular chess piece or winning "teh warz"is absolutely absurd.  
You'd have to take that up with HT, he created these things. I kind of like them.
:O

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2012, 04:46:20 PM »
Let's keep this in context, OK? I'm not asking that anyone be restricted ... Just that they PAY for privileges to prevent the abuse OF those privileges. Doing so on a % basis assures that no-one is restricted as those with LOW levels of perks can still switch freely and noobs can still TRY different environments looking for what they like best ... the TO THE RESCUE / Low Numbers, White Hats, can still go wherever they please and hey THEY aren't interested in PERKS anyway ... are they?

The LWA has a much larger infestation of sideswitch abuse, it's just not as noticeable because the players don't know everybody and don't encounter the SAME PEOPLE pulling the SAME STUNTS on a regular basis ... I suspect this measure would clean up the game significantly, and I'd bet that the Player Counts go UP accordingly ... I've seen WAY to many good people QUIT THE GAME in the last 2 months due to frustration with abusive players.
;)

Edit: Missed the percentage part which makes your idea meaningless. Either players will have enough perks that the cost won't change their behavior, or more likely a low perk player will switch with no cost.

The bottom line is that you want to improve your results by limiting what other players can do instead of simply improving your skills.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 05:47:56 PM by FLS »

Offline davidwales

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #49 on: January 24, 2012, 04:47:13 PM »
well im so glad that some others have noticed the abnormality , it is a problem without a doubt and yes some of those who switch are very good pilots , and love shooting others down , but i think thats defeating the objective of the game , htc have worked very hard to make this game as realistic as possible , and im sure this never happened in ww2 , the germans never switched sides when they were surounded, i think a lot of players get annoyed that they have total control of information lik cv positions , and just farm perks  :salute
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 04:49:20 PM by davidwales »

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #50 on: January 24, 2012, 04:51:20 PM »
No, I mentioned Honesty, Loyalty, Fair Play, etc ... as abstract concepts ... YOU may have tried to change the context, but if so, you failed miserably.
I am, infact, devotedly loyal to the people I play WITH ... WE CHOOSE to identify ourselves with an ICON provided by the GAME.
You'd have to take that up with HT, he created these things. I kind of like them.
:O

How can a squadron that admits freely they exchange accounts and log in multiple accounts make the absurd claim of playing with "honestly, loyalty, fair play, etc."?  You and your squadron are part of the problem you're trying to "clean up" or is it that you just don't want anyone else but you and your squadron doing it?

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline EVZ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #51 on: January 24, 2012, 04:51:38 PM »
So to keep this in context: If you have no perks you can't switch sides but that doesn't restrict you in any way? The bottom line is that you want to improve your results by limiting what other players can do instead of simply improving your skills.
Not at all ... If you have NO PERKS your tax is 30% of 0 = 0 ... NO CHARGE ... To quote Chris Kristoferson,  "Nothin ain't nothin, but it's free."
:salute

Offline EVZ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #52 on: January 24, 2012, 04:56:28 PM »
How can a squadron that admits freely they exchange accounts and log in multiple accounts make the absurd claim of playing with "honestly, loyalty, fair play, etc."?  You and your squadron are part of the problem you're trying to "clean up" or is it that you just don't want anyone else but you and your squadron doing it?

This person has NO IDEA what they are talking about and is trying to provoke some very good people ... Is there a Squelch feature around here?
:angel:

Offline davidwales

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #53 on: January 24, 2012, 04:58:12 PM »
I think you hit the nail on the head with the perks, im pretty convinced now! this is the reason so many switch country , and betrayel means nothing to them , they should run a trial period with no perks awarded at all without any notification of the trial just to see if the same players switch , when the going gets tough  :salute

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: January 24, 2012, 05:24:33 PM »
I think you hit the nail on the head with the perks, im pretty convinced now! this is the reason so many switch country , and betrayel means nothing to them , they should run a trial period with no perks awarded at all without any notification of the trial just to see if the same players switch , when the going gets tough  :salute

Betrayal -  :rofl   I have to hand it to you, whoever you are (besides your bbs shade name).  You have the "Troll of the Year" award practically locked up already.   :cheers:
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #55 on: January 24, 2012, 05:50:56 PM »
Not at all ... If you have NO PERKS your tax is 30% of 0 = 0 ... NO CHARGE ... To quote Chris Kristoferson,  "Nothin ain't nothin, but it's free."

Got it, fixed in edit. It makes your idea ineffective.

Offline grumpy37

• Silver Member
      • What I do
« Reply #56 on: January 24, 2012, 06:14:57 PM »

ack-ack

This behavior is isolated to 1 player that I know of, Tony.  I was in the squad for a very short time about 5 years ago.  He personally is guilty of what you claim but the other players associated with the squad are not.  Many of the players have left the squad for various reasons.  I have picked a few up in my squad and know for a fact they have never participated in what you claim.  Many others have defected to other countries and their word alone can not be trusted as they are disgruntled ex employes for lack of a better way to explain it. 
CO VF-10 "Grim Reapers"   Member JG54 in AVA

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #57 on: January 24, 2012, 06:16:10 PM »
and im sure this never happened in ww2 , the germans never switched sides when they were surounded,

The Italians did. In fact so did Vichy France.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 06:17:51 PM by Shifty »

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline EVZ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #58 on: January 24, 2012, 07:26:22 PM »
This behavior is isolated to 1 player that I know of, Tony.  I was in the squad for a very short time about 5 years ago.  He personally is guilty of what you claim but the other players associated with the squad are not.  Many of the players have left the squad for various reasons.  I have picked a few up in my squad and know for a fact they have never participated in what you claim.  Many others have defected to other countries and their word alone can not be trusted as they are disgruntled ex employes for lack of a better way to explain it. 
I'd believe Tony gave it a whirl, I'd also believe he freely admited it & I -KNOW- there are a few jealous lovers out there who hate him! ... I would NOT believe anyone who claims he CHEATS at ANYTHING these days. Neither would I suspect anyone in our squad of abusing the game, sideswitching, or employing outside hacks.

Offline EVZ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #59 on: January 24, 2012, 07:32:46 PM »
the germans never switched sides when they were surounded,

The Italians did. In fact so did Vichy France.
And then there were those Pesky attempts by the German Army to Assasinate Hitler ... ?
:lol